All reviewshotel indigowood floorsfront deskglass partitionother hotelsoutdoor pationew jerseyour room was spaciousenjoyed my staysalmoncustomer service isbusiness centerbusiness tripstaff was friendlynice staythis past weekendcarpeting
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Extortionate but essential booking made via Booking.com. Six of us travelling together. The receptionist could only find two rooms. Managed to get Booking.com and the receptionist to talk. Both blamed each other but eventually they managed to figure out five of the bookings. No apology when they couldn't find a sixth room for us. So two people had to share a room. When they went in, someone else was already in their room!!!
My room hadn't been cleaned properly. It was dusty and rubbish had been left on the floor. I couldn't be bothered to complain after the room booking debacle.
The lady at the bar was nice. Thank goodness because we all needed a drink after that!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels Basking Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Hi anna_lisa_konarska,

Thank you for your candid review and for staying with us. We appreciate all feedback, both positive and constructive. I am very sorry to hear about your experience while staying with us. We strive to leave our guests with a positive lasting impression and can see that we have fallen short of our goal. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message with additional details.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Connie D

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

For prospective customers, northern New Jersey does not have many fair price value hotel options that are not located in urban centers adjacent to major highways. Hotel Indigo is one that offers travelers an acceptable value at a fair price in a relatively serene setting offset from Interstate 78 West. A previous reviewer stated Hotel Indigo was more like a motel. That's not true. Hotel Indigo is very much a hotel, but it is an older facility. Unfortunately, as such it requires greater managerial oversight and maintenance which did appear to be lacking. Travelers will be somewhat surprised as the photos are not quite accurate in that it is not as chic as we were led to believe so there is a bait and switch feel upon arrival. That said, Hotel Indigo very much feels like an older European hotel with wood floors in their spacious rooms. So much so that Hotel Indigo reminded us of a hotel we stayed at in Rome, Italy last year. The restaurant service and food quality was above average and if travelers eat on the back patio it is quite a lovely garden setting. The waiter Melvin is on top of his game and would fit right in at a 4 or 5 star restaurant. If management had the initiative they could truly remake the Indigo into a remarkable place to stay. Overall, we enjoyed our stay, but I want to warn prospective customers to curb their expectation to a 3 star level stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John A
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels Basking Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear John A,

I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write the review regarding your stay with us. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodation to all of our guests and we appreciate your feedback. We are happy to know that you have liked your dining experience and acknowledged the great service received from one of our staff. However, it is regrettable the dated condition of the facility and the upkeep fell below of your expectations. Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention as this is our best resource to know how our hotels are being managed to a high standard and to evaluate what can be given additional attention. We have shared your comments with the hotel management and we’re confident that necessary actions will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to offer you a more pleasant stay in the future.

Grace P.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

A lovely small boutique hotel close to basking ride. I liked the cosy breakfast and the amazing dinners. It also had a small gym and since there weren't many takers, I found it adequate. Courteous staff and bartender only made the stay even more pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank WalktheWilderness
Papa K, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels Basking Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

We'd like to thank for taking the time to post a review.We were thrilled to have you at our property. Please join us again soon if you are in the area.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

This place appears to be a converted holiday inn express (or other budget motel) with no major renovations to improve the standards.

1. Room was dirty and pillows smelled bad (reminded me of staying in a hostel in Europe where they don't clean enough). Management was attentive and got the room cleaned quickly but didn't have an answer for the smelly pillows.

2. Gym was lacking. Various cardio equipment and a small number of dumbbells up to 30lbs.

3. Breakfast at the restaurant was decent and reasonably priced.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels Basking Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Hello Jason B,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge - Warren, NJ. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us, especially with the room cleanliness and the fitness center. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Warren.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I got this on Hotwire at a very reasonable rate (descriptor: 3.5 star in Basking Ridge, published price $78). The bed was the worst that I have ever slept in- if you turned it creaked. The mattress must have been 40 years old. The pillows were in similarly bad shape. I particularly loved that the fitted sheet didn't fit, so I kept coming in close proximity to the mattress (yuck). As a special treat, the AC was super loud and shut on and off all night. It didn't matter because I couldn't sleep on that awful bed anyway. Really, avoid this place.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels Basking Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Hi WizaCat,

Thanks for sharing feedback, it's great to hear from one of our IHG Rewards Club members. I am sorry to read that your stay was not exceptional because of some issues, particularly with the condition of our bed. Comments such as yours are important and relayed to the team to help point out areas that need additional attention.

In line with this, do know that an e-mail was sent to further reach out to you. Despite the setbacks mentioned on your review, I hope you find your way back to us should your travels bring you again to the area for a chance to make your stay better than the last.

Ronald R.