“Great But Expensive”

Dolce Basking Ridge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Basking Ridge
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The Hotel is beautiful & nicely maintained. The staff were nice & welcoming. WIFI worked well throughout. However, my main issue was that everything was very expensive in the hotel. I asked for refrigerator because I had my baby with me and had to keep his milk cool and. I was charged 15.00. Every time I stay in hotels such as Marriots, Hiltons, etc... I never had to pay for a refrigerator, but I did here.

Again It's beautiful but very expensive.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Dolce Basking Ridge

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very well set out but is not quiet successful in delivering the authentic Italian theme it is aspiring to.

Maybe because it is close to Verizon HQ it has the fastest hotel internet I have experienced outside of Korea.

So the rooms are ok, about standard, (you could be in a Marriott) the wireless is fast and reliable, and the staff are helpful and seem to genuinely care, so far so good.

Where the hotel is let down is the food. I must admit I only ate in the bar but the food there was just terrible.

For an Italian themed hotel the pizza was the worst lump of soggy dough, completely smothered in cheese. How hard is it to make an authentic Italian pizza? The other dishes all suffed from cheese overload too! If the chef has any Italian heritage then he needs to find a horse's head in his bed!

The food is a pity as it's a place you want to like. Given so many business men want to snack not eat and talk over a beer in the bar, the bar food is a real weakness.

I would have given.3 stars if it were not for the lightening internet!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank FhilFogg
RussellClarkeNJ, Director of Sales at Dolce Basking Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

FhilFogg,

Thank you for yoru review and please know I will be meeting with our Director of Food and Beverage and the Chef regarding your comments on the bar food.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is a great hotel, staff is formidable. I have enjoyed the entire stay at this hotel. Definitely, this is a hotel that you should go. Room was superb and clean. The internet speed was excellent. Definitely will come back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ampinder,

Thank you for your business and we are pleased that you enjoyed the services and facility of the hotel. Looking forward to having you back.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was fortunate enough to have Dolce Basking Ridge host my Son's Wedding! It was incredible! The staff was amazing!!! They took care of everything. From the rehearsal dinner to the Sunday brunch, everything was perfect!! I highly recommend using Dolce Basking Ridge for any of your event needs (or just a great night away). The grounds are beautiful. The food was fantastic!
I could go on and on...............It couldn't have been any better!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

K Lucas,

I am pleased to hear that all your events went well and the services of the hotel met your expectations. Thank you for the opportunity to host your sons wedding and we look forward to having your family back in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Property was nice and spacious. Staff was very friendly. Meeting rooms were nice and food provided was good. Bedroom was okay. One of the beds creaked a lot so slept in other one. Bathroom was very nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Santucci1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, please know we will be looking into the bed as mentioned in your review.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

There's something unique about the dolce first its in new jersey and is a gorgous hotel wich is not so common second its right off the highway enough to be quite but close enough to be around shopping and stores the rooms are nice the outdoor fireplaces take the cake and I forgot his name but I was privileged to meet the GM as I was there for a passover event with Greenwald caterers and he was so ever helpful in all ways the pricing though is not so accurate for such a place

• Stayed: March 2014

Eligreenwald,

We do hope to have you back in the near future. Thank you for your business and your review, we appreciate both very much.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at the Dolce as a group attending a wedding in the area. The hotel and grounds are beautiful. The staff was very friendly and willing to help. I had a problem with one of the beverage machines(it ate my dollar). The night manager returned my dollar and I was able to get my much needed refreshment. The morning breakfast buffet was full of choices and the quality of food was excellent. I made two trips through the buffet. The staff in the restaurant was attentive and kept my glass full. I enjoyed my one night stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Mike A,

Thank you for your business and your detailed review. I glad you enjoyed the servcies of the hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Basking Ridge
#1 of 5 in Morristown
Hilton Short Hills
Hilton Short Hills
#1 of 1 in Short Hills

Been to Dolce Basking Ridge? Share your experiences!