“Wow what a setting overlooking the golf course.”
Review of Bamboo Grille - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bamboo Grille
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Had a great dinner and cocktails outside on the patio overlooking the golf course. Do not be confused as this a public restaurant and bar. The only thing I did not understand was the smoking at the outside bar. I do not know the law but I did not think you could smoke within 50' of the building. It would have been a better experience without the smoking.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

It was a gorgeous summer evening with perfect temperature and humidity and we happened to be in Basking Ridge with our grown son, his fiance and his 6 year old daughter (our grand-daughter). Our son had been to Bamboo Grille before and recommended it so we decided to give it a try. We really wanted to sit outside on their patio overlooking the beautiful golf course (this restaurant seems to be part of a local country club but is open to the public) but that was not to be...no tables were available outside and so we opted to eat inside. It was probably better that we did since the outside patio was quite busy, quite noisy and also featured live musicians. While still busy inside, we were able to be seated right away and right by the windows overlooking the patio and the noise level was quite tolerable. After cocktails, we all opted for light fare rather than for full dinners (the menu was sufficiently varied as to offer appealing choices for both full meals and for lighter fare). My son and I both had the cheesesteak au jus which was quite tasty and certainly more than enough food. My wife had a stir-fried vegetable, rice and shrimp dish which she shared with our grand-daughter and our son's fiance had a hamburger sans the roll (it's how she manages to stay so slim). All of us enjoyed our food and had no complaints. Service was well paced and very pleasant. Overall, a pleasant meal and a place we would and probably will go back to.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Four of us went there this afternoon for lunch, I had Ceasar salad with shrimps, the romaine was all hard and very green. Those leaves were supposed to be discarded! I was so disappointed, too the shrimps, tasted like saw dust ,so over cooked and very, very dry! I will never go back. Waste of my time and money. I also had ice tea and the Splenda was very hard, like when a packet of sugar got wet then got hard, that was what they put in front of me! Too bad, the gold course is nice.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Had lunch here today with a co-worker. Sat outside and looked over the fairway. Lovely setting. Had the short rib taco (special) and it was very good.

Reviewed 1 March 2013

My parents and I went to the Bamboo Grille for my birthday lunch, and we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of food, service, and the view from our table in the bar area (restaurant was already crowded). Service was quick and the variety on the lunch menu was very good. The Brown Rice Crusted Scallops, Shrimp Scampi, and the Blacked Mahi Tacos (on the special) were delicious, and had I been at home, I would have licked my plate clean. The portions for lunch were perfect. I look forward to having lunch and/or dinner there in the near future and highly recommend the Bamboo Grille for anyone in the area.