“How does this place stay open?”
Review of Mayan's Mexican Cocina - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mayan's Mexican Cocina
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My wife and I tried this restaurant when it first opened and were not impressed. I had a craving for Mexican so we tried it again. The front doors were open so there was no air conditioning. The shredded chicken and ground beef were greasy and old tasting. None of the sides tasted fresh. Not worth it, even at what are reasonable prices. I'm surprised with the positive reviews. Not even close to fair.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Not what you would expect. Authentic Mexican food. Informal BYOB environment. Food quality is very good. This restaurant is relatively new. Hope they make it.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I frequent Mexico for business, and the food here was quite up to standards as it is down there.

The guacamole was fresh and mixed well. The taco's, enchiladas, and burritos were large, and delicious. This is not fast food. It is prepared well, and made with the correct spices. I think the reviewers who weren't a fan expected Taco Bell, and this is more of a restaurant.

The fried ice cream was not fried, just rolled in flakes. But that was the only disparaging remark I could possibly make. Otherwise, for a BYOB small intimate Mexican restaurant, this is a nice find.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I am from New Mexico but Mayans really was the best upscale quality food. Service was very attentive. Ambiance was great followed with good priced food......definitely will recommend to my friends and neighbors.

Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Sent food back twice due to being only lukewarm. Slow service and could not get anyone's attention to pay check. Such a shame as my wife and love good Mexican. Won't return and we live 4 blocks away.