My wife and some friends recently attended a Tea Party at the Grenville Hotel. She was introduced to the owners, Renee and Harry. She just loved the redecorated dining area. She said that the sandwiches were wonderful, small and very English style, just like in the movies, and the service was superb.
We returned to experience and enjoy their Easter Buffet. WOW! Was she right! The place looks great and the staff just made you feel at home.
The buffet was set up on the veranda. The food was delicious and plentiful. From stuffed French toasts, waffles, dishes of chicken, fish, meat, even shepherd’s pie and stuffed pork loin. If that wasn’t enough, they also had a large table of deserts, a chocolate fountain and bowls of freshly cut fruits.
Before leaving, I enquired if it would be possible to see a couple of rooms. Renee was most accommodating and escorted us up. This boutique hotel even has an elevator. Renee said that it is the only hotel in Bay Head which has an elevator.
Both rooms were bright, clean and inviting and had flat screen TVs. The color scheme matched that of the dining room.
We took a short stroll on the beach (a block away) before heading home.
I plan to recommend the hotel to my daughter in Pennsylvania for a romantic get-away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 125 Year old Victorian Hotel 100 yards from the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Grenville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grenville Hotel Bay Head
- Grenville Hotel Bay Head
- Grenville Bay Head
- The Grenville Bay Head, New Jersey