“Tea Party and Easter Brunch”
Review of The Grenville

The Grenville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bay Head
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My wife and some friends recently attended a Tea Party at the Grenville Hotel. She was introduced to the owners, Renee and Harry. She just loved the redecorated dining area. She said that the sandwiches were wonderful, small and very English style, just like in the movies, and the service was superb.

We returned to experience and enjoy their Easter Buffet. WOW! Was she right! The place looks great and the staff just made you feel at home.

The buffet was set up on the veranda. The food was delicious and plentiful. From stuffed French toasts, waffles, dishes of chicken, fish, meat, even shepherd’s pie and stuffed pork loin. If that wasn’t enough, they also had a large table of deserts, a chocolate fountain and bowls of freshly cut fruits.

Before leaving, I enquired if it would be possible to see a couple of rooms. Renee was most accommodating and escorted us up. This boutique hotel even has an elevator. Renee said that it is the only hotel in Bay Head which has an elevator.

Both rooms were bright, clean and inviting and had flat screen TVs. The color scheme matched that of the dining room.

We took a short stroll on the beach (a block away) before heading home.

I plan to recommend the hotel to my daughter in Pennsylvania for a romantic get-away.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard_838

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Wonderful cute, quaint atmosphere. Extremely friendly service! I attended the tea party and had dinner saturday night at the restaurant (always love the food here). I also stayed in the hotel which was recently remodeled and really enjoyed it. The new color scheme in the dining room is just so darling. Cutest little place. Thank you Grenville!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Max H
grenville3100, Owner at The Grenville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

THANK YOU we are very blessed to have a new guest visit with their family and make us so much a part of their day. Taking your time to write such an eloquent letter and praising a new employee is tremendously appreciated. We thank you for realizing all the small things that are seldom noticed yet so important in presenting a great and highly successful Brunch that satisfies our guests and wants them to return. Thank You again and we sincerely hope to see you soon. Nicole is smiling so brightly after reading the review. Your letter expressed to her that people are watching the hard effort she and the others in our staff are doing. Harry and I as owners greatly appreciate our patrons.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We got to the Grenville a little early since it was only 20 minutes from home. We were among the first to arrive. We were greeted by a few people, all of them trying to help us and get us on board. Within 5 minutes, we were at our table and met our server, Nicole. I can't tell you what it is, some kind of magnetic attraction, I don't know...but I LOVED Nicole instantly. When she spoke to us, it was just ALL HER, very real, tremendously sincere,...and as our server, she went above and beyond the call of duty to make Easter Brunch a wonderful experience. The food was excellent, the buffet clean, set-up very nicely to make your service and selections simple, neat and never time consuming. Getting everything you wanted was easy, and the food flavors and textures were magnificent. While getting a refill of some goodies, I met Harry...probably one of the nicest people I have ever met. We talked for a while, but he was very busy. After all, he owns the Grenville, so of course, he's going to be the busiest guy there.
So, on a scale of one to ten, I give the Grenville a 20. I have owned a restaurant and my family had a Hotel and Restaurant when I was growing up, so I can tell you from personal experience, this is no simple task...hospitality is a profession in which you enrich the lives of others, make people comfortable, happy, preserve the privacy, understand their dignity and make them feel honored to be here. The staff at the Grenville has this down to a science, and it's not boiler-plated rhetoric...it's sincere, it is warm, it is meaningful, and it just makes you feel welcomed. I love the atmosphere of the Grenville and the appointments, but most of all, I loved the entire staff. On an ending note...Nicole, you made our special day so much nicer, at a time when we needed that so much. Your sincerity, your warmth and your caring...makes you stand out way in front of everyone else. I had a great time because of you...Thank you Nicole. You are the best of the best! As long as you are there, I will become a regular customer and hope to see you a lot.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Eddy P
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We booked a room for our anniversary weekend on 4/6/14 thru a living social gift that my daughter gave us for christmas. The night before we were going my husband's brother died unexpectedly. Neither the hotel or living social would work with us to try to make future arrangements for us. Even though their policy stated no refunds we thought that they would have exceptions under certain circumstances. They were unbending and no one cared about our situation. I would not use either the hotel or living social again. Not only did we lose the entire amount of the gift but also $50 dining credit. Completely and total heartless. Loretta R

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Loretta R
grenville3100, Manager at The Grenville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Although you say we are heartless you were sent an email with several option dates which you have ignored. Your more than 1/2 Rate package was purchased in December through "Living Social". Unfortunately you did not make a reservation for your stay until the week the promotion was expiring, towards the end of March. Living Social requested proof which was not given. We do understand and try to help all our clients to reschedule their stay if illness or tragedy occurs but you have not contacted the hotel to do so. You called the same date simply requesting a cancellation and said you understood it may not be possible. Within a few days an email was sent to you with 3 option dates beyond the expiry date. You have not taken advantage of the offers.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We had our daughters baptism celebration at the Grenville today March 30th. The experience was beyond our expectations. The staff was full of smiles and extremely accomodating. The food was AMAZING!!! Renee and Harry made us feel like family. Our guests left with full bellys, smiles on their faces, and wonderful memories. I couldn't have been happier. I can't recommend The Grenville enough.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stacie C
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed this past weekend at the Grenville Hotel in Bay Head. This was definitely the best place I have stayed in a long time. Staff was very polite and accommodating! Rooms look very nice and have been recently! Food was excellent! I highly recommend the avocado crab tower! Harry and Renee are very great good owners and take pride in there business. Yes the building is older and you might hear a few sounds through the walls but that comes with the old Victorian buildings. If you are looking for a cute accommodating place to stay at the jersey shore I highly recommend The Grenville Hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank CityBoy5
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The Grenville is a comfortable hotel with a VERY nice and accommodating staff. The furniture in our room (#403) was an "eclectic" collection of pieces [antique-y bedspread, 1970s entertainment center, modern futon]. The room was clean as was the bathroom. Bed was comfortable. Walls were very thin (we heard a couple's midnight fight - they were staying down the hall but it sounded like they were right outside our door). Small 'fridge in our room left everything frozen (even after turning dial down low). Stairway could have used a good dusting. Elevator was an unexpected surprise given the age of the hotel. We visited off season and the special price was very reasonable: $119 for a mid-sized room (plenty of space) with a $50 coupon towards dinner at the restaurant. Food there was excellent, by the way. Breakfast was not much to speak of but the Sunday brunch was excellent. Plenty of foods to choose from and good quality.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
#10 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
The Bentley Inn
The Bentley Inn
#1 of 3 in Bay Head

Been to The Grenville? Share your experiences!