“What a treat! What a great place to dine!”
Review of Theresa's South

Theresa's South
Reserve with OpenTable
Theresa's South is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Bay Head
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mount Street
Transit: NJ Transit (Bay Head Station)
Description: Welcome to Theresa's South where you will find authentic Italian cuisine with recipes that have been passed down through the generations. This is a family owned and operated business so they take great pride in everything that comes out of their kitchen. The food is excellent and the service is superb! They use only the finest and freshest of meats, seafood, produce, and ingredients. Everything is homemade, from their sauces and pastas to their salad dressings. The bread is baked locally and delivered fresh daily. The portions are very healthy to satisfy any appetite and the menu widely varied so there is something for all tastes. For dessert they feature fresh homemade banana bread pudding, or maybe a slice of homemade flourless chocolate cake! This is the place to enjoy a great meal, hang out with family and friends, and have some good conversation. They are available for private parties and can accommodate up to 100 people. This is a must try and will be your new favorite Italian restaurant. This is a BYOB establishment. ** There is additional parking available at the municipal parking lot off of Bridge Ave.
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My husband and I dine regularly at Teresa's South in Bay Head. While they do not have a liquor license, they are very accommodating BYOB and very gracious. If you are there before your time to sit down, they invite to sit at the coffee bar. We did this two weeks ago and met another delightful couple. Everytime I go I try something new and I am astounded at the quality and inventiveness of the chef. The atmosphere is great.. the music is lovely and the lighting is perfect. But the food... it is amazing that in this small Jersey Shore town,, that they can have such a delightful place with such extraordinary food. It is always a treat to dine there.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

My husband and I look forward to Jersey Shore Restaurant Week twice yearly. We both enjoy fine food and trying restaurants we haven't been to. We've had some good experiences and some stinkers! Earlier this week we had another stinker! Should have been suspicious when dinner rolls were literally too hard to bite into...lacks attention to detail. Should have said something, stuff happens. The Shrimp Quesadilla appetizer we both ordered probably had a grand total of one shrimp between the two of them. To be fair, my meal was ok...pistachio encrusted salmon was rather weakly encrusted and lacked that crisp outside it should have had. Poor husband suffered through the flavorless sauteed chicken and shrimp dish with broccoli rabe and mounds of sun dried tomatoes. Shrimp resembled those dumped out of frozen Shop Rite bag, and the small size too. Dessert no better, small, hard as rock(again) peanut butter brownie. Ice cream on side of brownie highlight of meal . Glad it was byob...wine lessened the pain! Was our experience a true reflection of their cuisine or did they really dumb it down for the Restaurant Week special? $30.12 three course prie fix meal no value when executed this way!

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Quaint, special and delicious! Carparrio...omg! Short Ribs...the best.

Reviewed 8 January 2012

What's not too like, we will return and soon, entire family enjoyed. Reservations for party of 6 or more was appreciated and 20percent automatic tip was expected.

Reviewed 12 August 2011

Teresa's South is one of my favorite places to go when I'm in Bay Head. I usually stay at the Bentley Inn, which is right down the block from this restaurant. Their food is delicious every single time I come here.

To me, it's one of the nicer places in the Bay Head/ Point Pleasant area that doesn't fail to impress. You always hear about pricey, classy places to go and eat- however, they usually fail to impress when it comes to food quality. A lot of places down the shore can charge a lot for seafood and dishes just because they're by the water and it's a vacation spot. And although this place is a bit pricey (not terribly) it never ever fails on good food or service. They make simple dishes, and perfect them. One of my favorite things to get is the Penne with vodka sauce. It sounds simple, but they add their own touch by putting in prosciutto and peas. I also love to get their fried calamari dish. They make it with a delicious dipping sauce that I haven't had anywhere else. I've also gotten a chicken dish another time coming here, and have tried a balsamic glazed pork dish that my mother got while I was with her. Everything is always delicious, and the presentation is always beautiful.

Keep in mind that it is a B.Y.O.B. -- However! They have a liquor store, literally, right next door.

The inside is beautiful, cozy, and classy- but to have a really nice night, I'd recommend eating outside in the front. Of course not a very cold night, but even if it's a little chilly and you wear the right clothing; hearing the ocean and just being outside in that quiet, beach-y, and quaint atmosphere that is Bay Head, it will really amp your experience.

To put into perspective how good I think this restaurant really is. I live 1 1/2 hours away from the shore-- however, if I'm in the mood, will make the trip with my family just to eat here.

2  Thank lbrookesbee