“3rd time and still very good”
Review of Theresa's South

Theresa's South
Reserve with OpenTable
Theresa's South is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Bay Head
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mount Street
Transit: NJ Transit (Bay Head Station)
Description: Welcome to Theresa's South where you will find authentic Italian cuisine with recipes that have been passed down through the generations. This is a family owned and operated business so they take great pride in everything that comes out of their kitchen. The food is excellent and the service is superb! They use only the finest and freshest of meats, seafood, produce, and ingredients. Everything is homemade, from their sauces and pastas to their salad dressings. The bread is baked locally and delivered fresh daily. The portions are very healthy to satisfy any appetite and the menu widely varied so there is something for all tastes. For dessert they feature fresh homemade banana bread pudding, or maybe a slice of homemade flourless chocolate cake! This is the place to enjoy a great meal, hang out with family and friends, and have some good conversation. They are available for private parties and can accommodate up to 100 people. This is a must try and will be your new favorite Italian restaurant. This is a BYOB establishment. ** There is additional parking available at the municipal parking lot off of Bridge Ave.
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We have gone to dinner at Theresa's South three times this summer. One time,it was my wife and I, two other times with friends. All agree that this is a stand-out restaurant at the Jersey shore. Yes, the prices are a little more than you might see at other shore restaurants but the food makes it worthy of the cost. On out most recent visit, I had the egg plant appetizer. A thin cut of egg plant topped with fresh, melted mozzarella cheese. My entrée was the penne with broccoli rabe, and sausage. The portion was just enough and the entrée- very good. I do not like it when the pasta is not hot ( i.e., held in the kitchen). This dish was to my liking. Others at the table had : short ribs over pasta, yellow fin tuna, and lamb chops with a broccoli rabe risotto. The summer salad, a mix of arugula, feta cheese, and watermelon, was also a crowd pleaser. About three weeks ago, Theresa's started to accept reservations. Prior to that it was either a 45 minute call ahead or first come basis. We had a reservation and were seated immediately. Atmosphere was very good but a bit noisy due to the fact that every table was occupied. Beverages were BYO.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Small, romantic, superb. BYOW. Always a great experience. Went with family, we were (again) all impressed with our dinners and dessert was to die for. One dinner was a little spicy this last time, but still delicious. Waitress was so friendly and efficient. We will return!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I haven't been there in a while. Since the new owner. But i"m glad i went back. The food was great. I had asked them to make me veal parm but the cook said he was too busy. I didn't mind. I had the rigatoni pasta and My wife had the pork loin. both very good. Very friendly and now they take resv for small parties which should help them. Good luck. I usually go with family my children love the place. college and high school age

Reviewed 20 July 2013

The ambience, service and food were quite superior. The staff was warm, friendly and accommodating. The food was of five start quality! Outstanding!

1  Thank lopo460
Reviewed 30 May 2013

This terrific bistro is a short distance from our beach house so we have experienced their wonderful cuisine on numerous occasions in the past. But this time was a little special, because on Thursday of that week this restaurant emerged from the destruction wrought by Hurricane Sandy. Seated in the Garden Room, it was truly sublime watching the life blood of this small shore Hamlet beginning to return through the surrounding windows. Our dinners were of the same high standard that we had been accustomed to in the past and the service as friendly and professional as ever. Maybe because it was pre-Memorial Day, the restaurant was not at capacity this their first weekend, but be assured things will pick up. So, make reservations when you go. Parking is on street and can be tough and don't forget to BYOW.