“Great for a special occasion!”
Review of The Gables

The Gables
Reserve with OpenTable
The Gables is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 93 Restaurants in Beach Haven
Price range: US$50 - US$100
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Glorious Food - Gracious Lodging or a dining experience that is an exercise in the sensuous, the savory and the sweet, look no further than The Gables, a romantic restaurant in Beach Haven, New Jersey. Regardless of whether you choose our exciting, new Grazing Menu, or dine a la carte, candlelight dining at The Gables Inn and Restaurant makes any day a special occasion. Meals are brilliantly orchestrated by our Chef, Richard Diemer. Every dish manages to wow, comfort and excite. Presentations are lovely without being pretentious. Menus change daily; culinary inspiration is drawn from whatever impeccably fresh ingredients are at their best that morning. Produce from local New Jersey farms, micro greens from Blue Moon Acres, Buckingham, Pennsylvania, Niman Ranch organic meats, D’Artagnan organic poultry, fresh diver scallops from Long Beach Island’s surrounding waters, Prince Edward Island mussels, and lobsters exclusively from Maine, take pride of place. We also take pleasure in presenting a selection of award-winning wines from NJ’s Bellview Winery to enhance your enjoyment.
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I have three little kids, so we don't get out much. When we do go out we try to make an event out of it and go somewhere special. I have been hearing about The Gables for two decades and I finally went there this week with my husband. We sat outside in the back and it was just beautiful. We immediately felt relaxed and our server was very good. He suggested the boar and the duck - both amazing! We also had very good appetizers and desserts. It was a wonderful experience - I felt like I had gone on a mini vacation by the time we left! I highly recommend this restaurant!

3  Thank pandakane

Reviewed 13 July 2014

When visiting Beach Haven, we always try to go to The Gables. Unfortunately, we had a disappointing experience last night. I ordered PEI mussles, they were inedible. We had them sent back to the kitchen. For the entree I had the Halibut. It was very dry and tasteless. The side was greens, very salty. Three in our party ordered the filet mignon. All three were sent back because they we undercooked. Ordered medium, was very red. The waitress did not come back to see how we liked our entree's. I had to find a waiter who had to find our waitress. One steak was significantly smaller than the others as well. Maybe the main chef was not working. The restaurant was almost at full capacity, curious to see if this any other patrons had a similar experience.

3  Thank jjcalto
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Be prepared to spend a small fortune at this beautiful, charming, but way over-priced restaurant. I had dinner here with my daughter, and there were exactly 2 rolls in the bread basket. She ordered the gnocchi, which was smothered in bolognese sauce, but the gnocchi itself was not very filling, it was light, unlike most gnocchi I have had before. My fish dish was excellent, although the portion size was on the small side. We then shared a creme brulee, which was excellent, but at $14, it better be. These 2 entrees(one being pasta served with no salad, vegetable, or any side dish) with the 1 dessert, (no drinks other than the water we were served), with tax and a standard tip totaled $100!. It was nearly impossible to find an entree that was under $36. The ambiance is quite nice, and overall it is a lovely place, but I don't think what we were served was worth the price tag.

2  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Excellent restaurant for Brunch or Dinner. Always fresh and service is excellent. Atmosphere is phenomenal. Recently went with family for brunch, the food was much better than the typical breakfast places (chicken or the egg or uncle will's). Price is same (maybe a couple bucks more, but at least it's not cash only).
We had:
Red Snapper with Asparagus and Lime Risotto
Omelette with Wild Mushrooms and Provolone with roasted potatoes
Filet Mignon tips with Eggs and roasted potatoes
Broccoli Rab Omelette with roasted potatoes
Everything was excellent.
Bill was $70 (Red Snapper was $18)

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Many diners don't realize that there's a beautiful garden behind the Gables. We ate under the new Pergola, next to a usical fountain. The summer night enhanced our delicious dinners. A magical exeperience.

1  Thank Larry C