“Wow!!!!!”
Review of The Gables

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beach Haven
The Gables
Ranked #5 of 7 Beach Haven B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I just had the best lamb done three ways. I have run the finest restaurants across the Conutry and I was amazed how great it was.

Also recommend the crab cake.

I will be back

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Beachhaven123
There are newer reviews for The Gables

Reviewed 19 August 2011

Had dinner with my husband at the The Gables. Beautiful setting and fabulous cuisine! Plus you can bring your own wine!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank riverrat5270
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I do not believe their is a finer dining experience on the Island than at the Gables. The dinner outing with our family was special, the ambiance extrodinary and the food and service excellent. .

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank J S
Reviewed 8 August 2011

My wife, my sister and I were looking for a place to have a Sunday brunch and saw the near perfect reviews of The Gables. Seemed like a no brainer to go give it a shot. We made reservations for 11am. We sat down at 11:10 and were not given menus until about 11:25. (I don't know why the hostess did not give them to us). We waited another 15 minutes for someone to get us coffee. When we did manage to get our orders in our food did not come for another 35 minutes - Well my wife and my sister got their food. I was sitting there with nothing for the next 12 minutes. When my food did come, my sister and wife's food was already cold. I noticed that my potatoes were some sort of frozen microwave instant things. My wife and sister had the normal home fry style potatoes with their omelets. I saw that someone else had ordered what i had (eggs Benedict) and got the normal homefries. It seems like someone in the kitchen got lazy. Oh and did i mention that we were sitting with empty coffee cups for a half hour prior. The food was abysmal. My wife and sister ordered the mushroom and provolone omelet and received some dry gross frittata looking thing. I ordered the eggs Benedict with a chive hollandaise sauce. There were no chives to be found, it was served over a rubbery English muffin, and I was given the insulting potatoes. We looked around to see how other people were doing. It turns out we were the least pissed off out of everyone on the outside patio. There were a number of tables that were turning their heads wondering where there servers were. The table next to us had a party of 9 and it took about 30 minutes from when the first plate was dropped for the rest of them to get their food. There were a number of people looking for a manager. We each had about 2 bites of the slop they had tried to served us and then asked for the check. That was another 15 minute wait. It was almost comical how bad the service and food were. After someone had dropped off the check, my wife walked to the front desk to speak to a manager. When she had asked if she could speak to a manager I was like the girl at the desk knew exactly what was coming next. Turns out the girl at the desk was the manager and when we told her of our experience, she took our check and said don't worry about it. Im not sure what was going on there but it seemed like an establishment that was falling apart. The manager was very understanding and did do the right thing by taking care of the check. All in all the gables was a 2.5 hour void of anger and confusion. If this food / service is the norm for the gables, I can't see this place being around very much longer.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank cea303cea
Reviewed 5 August 2011

The Gables is a gorgeously restored Victorian manor that is part B&B and part restaurant. Although a computer glitch at check-in caused us to be charged the wrong room rate, the innkeeper quickly stepped in to rectify the situation. She and the entire staff were friendly, accommodating, and efficient. The grounds are beautiful, but since the entire first floor is devoted to the restaurant, guests of the B&B couldn't really "hang out" in the garden or on the porch. The only common area for guests was a cozy but dark library on the 2nd floor--not really a place to relax in the evening but on the upside, it's stocked all day with gourmet coffees/teas and delicious fresh cookies.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2011

So you want to go away to the beach, close to NY but the Hamptons are too crowded and the hotels are way too expensive for what they deliver. If you want some casual elegance and great food just 2 blocks from the sand then head right to the BEAUTIFULLY restored Victorian inn "The Gables" in Beach Haven on Long Beach Island New Jersey. The owners - Sondra and Steve Beninati are New Yorkers who love the beach and wanted to save the old hotel- not to mention they are both fun with great taste in both food and decor. It's a perfect weekend getaway summer, spring and fall!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2011

My boyfriend and I have had the pleasure of dining at The Gables four times and staying for a fabulous weekend. The owner/hostess is a class act, which translates to every detail of each delicious meal we have had there. We regard The Gables as our special place because we always have such magical times there. We cannot wait to return, and it has only been a few days since our last meal!

• Stayed: April 2011
Spray Beach Hotel
#8 of 12 in Beach Haven
Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island
Island Guest House Bed and Breakfast Inn

Been to The Gables? Share your experiences!