“Early Summer Getaway”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sea Shell Resort and Beach Club
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Beach Haven
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 June 2013

My mom, sister, and aunt (ages 22-62) went down to LBI for a overnight getaway looking for a room with a view. The online booking said that the no rooms were available but when I called they said they had rooms (later on I checked and it was working so be sure to call and check!) The receptionist said that they had oceanfront rooms left but forewarned us that Thursday is their big club night and the waterfront rooms overlook the Tiki Bar. I am glad she told us this so my mom and aunt were prepared for the noise later that night. Arriving at SeaShell we were very pleased that they had an adorable beachfront tiki bar with pool and access to the beach. I can't imagine a better beachfront hotel! The view from our balcony in room 225 looked like we were in the carribean with palm trees, tiki huts, and blue ocean. You can hear the crashing of the waves from inside the room with the balcony door open. The beach was sunny and we had the option of poolside too. Lunch in the Tiki Bar was delicious and supposedly they offer a great breakfast but we went ended up at Uncle Will's the next morning to spread our support for LBI.

I would recommend this place to anyone but if you are coming for a quiet getaway I would stay sunday-wednesday as the oceanfront view rooms are right above Tiki Bar/Beach Club. If you enjoy being in the center of the action, observing the shenanigans from a balcony or joining in downstairs, then come thursday-saturday. "Thunder Thursdays" starts at 10pm and is packed with 20-somethings and the noise in our room was like standing right in the club itself with earmuffs on so if you aren't planning on partying til 2am at the club, I wouldn't go for thursdays. My sister and I didn't mind as we joined the fun but my mom and aunt were happy when the noise died down at 2:30am.

Seashell is walking distance to the Surflight Theater and shops as well. We wanted to see a show there but they didn't have tickets on that particular thursday night.

Rooms were clean and cute though bathroom showed some signs of rust but it is oceanfront afterall. Sea Shell rebuilt a lot of their back end and lobby from Sandy- the downstairs ballroom/lobby is beautiful.

Room Tip: Rooms away from TikiBar/Oceanfront are quieter. Oceanfront rooms are beautiful with amazing views.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bella K

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Yes it's back, just as good as always! Nothing stops the Jersey shore. Renovations complete on the hotel and up and running. Weddings were there entire weekend. Still as good as ever the only difference is the beach area. There is about 50 feet less of the beach due to the devastation of Sandy and some of the stores aren't back, but your your staple restaurants and stores are. Buckalews, Chicken and The Egg, Kaplers Pharmacy and so many others. Jersey Strong!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ShazzG
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We have been renting beach houses for 1 to 2 weeks every summer down in LBI since 2000 or so. This was the first time we tried out a hotel in the area. We already had booked our 2 weeks' rental at the end of this coming August, but we wanted to see how the area was coming along before the summer season kicked in and we also wanted a little getaway for our wedding anniversary.

The beach was quite clean overall, although you still come across strange items stuck along the rocks of the jitneys. We actually spotted a flag pole!

Granted, we were basically the only guests at the Sea Shell when we were there April 28 through April 30, however, the post-Sandy renovations were nearly all complete and the hotel is ready for business.

Everything was clean, nicely maintained. The cleaning staff was quick in finding us some flatter pillows as my husband has a bad neck. The room was lovely, nothing fancy, but it was clean, with a nice flat-screen tv, a mini-fridge, closet and dresser, a small table and a couple of chairs.

The room had a balcony with two additional chairs and a small end table that faced the beach and overlooked the pool and tiki bar area.

We ate our meals at Buckalew's and Willie's, as the Sea Shell had limited options before Memorial Day, so I can't comment on eating within the hotel itself.

Pat, who manned the reception area, was very nice and we discussed at length the sadness at seeing all the damage in person on LBI, seeing some of our favorite places completely demolished such as the Italian ceramics shop Gallmaufri.

But everywhere you looked there were contractors, dumpsters, repairmen, etc. LBI will come back stronger than ever. We are very happy to know that one of our favorite vacation destinations is working itself back to full functionality. We would definitely stay at the Sea Shell again.

Room Tip: There was a band Sunday evening and we enjoyed the music wafting up to us on the balcony, however yo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VikLevitsky
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I am extremely impressed by the speed at which the Sea Shell recovered from Sandy. Not only were the rooms all remodeled, but the bar, the pool and the lobby are all finished as well. This is my favorite place at the Jersey Shore and I am happy to have contributed to the business this weekend.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Beth B
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Visited almost all the hotels in Beach Haven today. None compared to the Sea Shell. The remodeling is complete and I was very impressed on how beautiful everything is. The pool area was gorgeous, the restaurant is spectacular and the rooms we were shown were pristeen and beautiful. I can't say enough about the friendly staff as well. We interacted with 4 different employees and were welcomed like old friends. I am looking forward to booking my vacation here.

Room Tip: We liked the ocean front rooms on the second floor the best. The second floor suite was beautiful b...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank GailM17
Reviewed 7 May 2013

You are probably thinking how can you possibly have a destination wedding when you are only 1 hour and 1/2 away by car from your home. I was recently a guest at the hotel from Friday to Sunday and felt like I was transported to an island resort. Everything we needed was right there for the 3 days. It was off season so we had the place to ourselves. The motel was recently totally renovated because of Super Storm Sandy. The food was excellent, service great, setting just beautiful!

Room Tip: This is no frills motel but clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
#1 of 49 in Atlantic City

Been to Sea Shell Resort and Beach Club? Share your experiences!