My mom, sister, and aunt (ages 22-62) went down to LBI for a overnight getaway looking for a room with a view. The online booking said that the no rooms were available but when I called they said they had rooms (later on I checked and it was working so be sure to call and check!) The receptionist said that they had oceanfront rooms left but forewarned us that Thursday is their big club night and the waterfront rooms overlook the Tiki Bar. I am glad she told us this so my mom and aunt were prepared for the noise later that night. Arriving at SeaShell we were very pleased that they had an adorable beachfront tiki bar with pool and access to the beach. I can't imagine a better beachfront hotel! The view from our balcony in room 225 looked like we were in the carribean with palm trees, tiki huts, and blue ocean. You can hear the crashing of the waves from inside the room with the balcony door open. The beach was sunny and we had the option of poolside too. Lunch in the Tiki Bar was delicious and supposedly they offer a great breakfast but we went ended up at Uncle Will's the next morning to spread our support for LBI.
I would recommend this place to anyone but if you are coming for a quiet getaway I would stay sunday-wednesday as the oceanfront view rooms are right above Tiki Bar/Beach Club. If you enjoy being in the center of the action, observing the shenanigans from a balcony or joining in downstairs, then come thursday-saturday. "Thunder Thursdays" starts at 10pm and is packed with 20-somethings and the noise in our room was like standing right in the club itself with earmuffs on so if you aren't planning on partying til 2am at the club, I wouldn't go for thursdays. My sister and I didn't mind as we joined the fun but my mom and aunt were happy when the noise died down at 2:30am.
Seashell is walking distance to the Surflight Theater and shops as well. We wanted to see a show there but they didn't have tickets on that particular thursday night.
Rooms were clean and cute though bathroom showed some signs of rust but it is oceanfront afterall. Sea Shell rebuilt a lot of their back end and lobby from Sandy- the downstairs ballroom/lobby is beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely rebuilt and remodeled after Hurricane Sandy, the Sea Shell Resort is nestled on two beautiful ocean front acres in the heart of Beach Haven just steps away from the beach and within walking distance to all of the town's attractions. The Sea Shell is a full service resort serving lunch and dinner daily (in season). We feature a full-size heated salt water pool and a private beach for sunbathing. We offer daily entertainment by the Tiki bars every afternoon and evening (in season). Dance the night away in our night club every Thursday and Saturday (in season). Whether you are booking a deluxe oceanfront room or a full one-bedroom suite, the Sea Shell gives you all the amenities that will make your stay special! We have 53 units in various configurations to fit your need. The Sea Shell Resort's room accommodations are the finest and most comfortable on Long Beach Island. Choose from First Floor Deluxe Rooms with two queen-size beds, Second Floor Superior Rooms with your choice of one king-size or two queen-size beds, Second Floor One-Bedroom Suites with a king-size bed and a living area that contains a queen-size fold out sofa, plus a separate Murphy bed, or our Luxurious Oceanfront Rooms with private decks where you can choose between one king-size or two queen-size beds. All rooms come complete with high definition direct TV, telephones, air conditioning, in-room coffee, private safes, ceiling fans, and refrigerators. Looking for the perfect location for your dream come true beach wedding? Look no further than The Sea Shell! Say "I do" on our private beach. We host destination wedding events each and every weekend during the Spring and Fall where get togethers become memorable events lasting an entire weekend. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sea Shell Resort And Beach Club Hotel Beach Haven
- Sea Shell Hotel And Beach
- Sea Shell Motel And Beach
- Sea Shell Resort And Beach Club Beach Haven, New Jersey - Long Beach Island