This was my first time staying at a hotel in LBI and I was a bit hesitant. My beach house is under going Sandy renovations in Toms River, so I thought a nice simple get away was just what we needed. We chose LBI because for us it was a different scene and I wanted to feel like I was on vacation. We rented the suite, a bit pricey but there were 2 adults and 4 kids. From check in to check out, the hotel met all of my expectations. The Jersey Shore doesn't really offer too many "resort like" hotels, but this was just that. The room was clean, small, but clean and comfortable. Super comfy bed, but the pull out sofa wasn't that desirable. Plan to bring an air mattress or sleeping bags for other guests who are not using the king bed. (This was room 300, the only suite room). It had a full bath, large and clean. It also came equipped with a microwave and a small refrigerator perfect for water and soda and things like that. The air conditioner is a little noisy, but works fine. Plenty of closet space to store beach chairs and other things. A cute little single bed off the living room was a hit with the kids, they all wanted a turn. A little hard, but for them it was great.
The resort sits right on the beach and has a great pool with live music on the weekends. It has a beautiful tiki bar which serves food, and plenty of tables with service. They allow smoking at the bar and at the tables for anyone who is interested. They have their private section of beach, but it is gated behind the dunes and doesn't offer a view of the ocean, but just steps away, you can go down to the open beach with your own chairs and have everything you need. I loved it, the palm tress, live music and beach right there made me feel like I was in the Caribbean. Pricey lunch and kids meals, along with $7.00 drinks, but to be expected at a resort. If you stay in an ocean front room on the weekend, be prepared for noise as there is a dance club right downstairs.
Overall, I loved it, I loved the location and I will go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely rebuilt and remodeled after Hurricane Sandy, the Sea Shell Resort is nestled on two beautiful ocean front acres in the heart of Beach Haven just steps away from the beach and within walking distance to all of the town's attractions. The Sea Shell is a full service resort serving lunch and dinner daily (in season). We feature a full-size heated salt water pool and a private beach for sunbathing. We offer daily entertainment by the Tiki bars every afternoon and evening (in season). Dance the night away in our night club every Thursday and Saturday (in season). Whether you are booking a deluxe oceanfront room or a full one-bedroom suite, the Sea Shell gives you all the amenities that will make your stay special! We have 53 units in various configurations to fit your need. The Sea Shell Resort's room accommodations are the finest and most comfortable on Long Beach Island. Choose from First Floor Deluxe Rooms with two queen-size beds, Second Floor Superior Rooms with your choice of one king-size or two queen-size beds, Second Floor One-Bedroom Suites with a king-size bed and a living area that contains a queen-size fold out sofa, plus a separate Murphy bed, or our Luxurious Oceanfront Rooms with private decks where you can choose between one king-size or two queen-size beds. All rooms come complete with high definition direct TV, telephones, air conditioning, in-room coffee, private safes, ceiling fans, and refrigerators. Looking for the perfect location for your dream come true beach wedding? Look no further than The Sea Shell! Say "I do" on our private beach. We host destination wedding events each and every weekend during the Spring and Fall where get togethers become memorable events lasting an entire weekend. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sea Shell Resort And Beach Club Hotel Beach Haven
- Sea Shell Hotel And Beach
- Sea Shell Motel And Beach
- Sea Shell Resort And Beach Club Beach Haven, New Jersey - Long Beach Island