“A Jersey Shore Treat”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sea Shell Resort and Beach Club
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Beach Haven
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This was my first time staying at a hotel in LBI and I was a bit hesitant. My beach house is under going Sandy renovations in Toms River, so I thought a nice simple get away was just what we needed. We chose LBI because for us it was a different scene and I wanted to feel like I was on vacation. We rented the suite, a bit pricey but there were 2 adults and 4 kids. From check in to check out, the hotel met all of my expectations. The Jersey Shore doesn't really offer too many "resort like" hotels, but this was just that. The room was clean, small, but clean and comfortable. Super comfy bed, but the pull out sofa wasn't that desirable. Plan to bring an air mattress or sleeping bags for other guests who are not using the king bed. (This was room 300, the only suite room). It had a full bath, large and clean. It also came equipped with a microwave and a small refrigerator perfect for water and soda and things like that. The air conditioner is a little noisy, but works fine. Plenty of closet space to store beach chairs and other things. A cute little single bed off the living room was a hit with the kids, they all wanted a turn. A little hard, but for them it was great.

The resort sits right on the beach and has a great pool with live music on the weekends. It has a beautiful tiki bar which serves food, and plenty of tables with service. They allow smoking at the bar and at the tables for anyone who is interested. They have their private section of beach, but it is gated behind the dunes and doesn't offer a view of the ocean, but just steps away, you can go down to the open beach with your own chairs and have everything you need. I loved it, the palm tress, live music and beach right there made me feel like I was in the Caribbean. Pricey lunch and kids meals, along with $7.00 drinks, but to be expected at a resort. If you stay in an ocean front room on the weekend, be prepared for noise as there is a dance club right downstairs.

Overall, I loved it, I loved the location and I will go back.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms face the ocean and the pool, but I bet would be very loud on the weekends. Room 30...
5  Thank cancungirl1999

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Beautiful hotel! Can't wait to go back. The restaurant is great for lunch (fish tacos were awesome ) and the bar is great for happy hour. However if it's not happy hour you will spend a ton on small watered down drinks. But if your on vacation your on vacation. So whatever... Rooms were nice and big compared to other lbi hotels and bed was comfy!! Everything is in walking distance so that was a plus too! Definitely an expensive 2 night getaway. But it was worth it :)

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Just got back from a long weekend and wedding at the Seashell. First the wedding, it was beautiful!! Even though it was raining the entire day, the staff monitored the weather and found a 1 hour break of no rain so that the bride and groom could have their wedding outside on the beach. It was perfect. The cocktail hour was fantastic!! Crab, shrimp, sushi, chicken on skewers, mini french dip, scallops, cheese, fruit, crab cakes, etc. Everything was so good and presented beautifully!! The reception was wonderful! the salad was very good and the buffet had pork roast, roast beef roast, chicken picatta, fish, penne ala vodka with chicken or shrimp, pasta salad, cucumber salad, etc. Then the next morning a nice brunch with hot omelets, bagels, pastries, eggs, sausage, bacon, home fries, etc. the wedding here was the best wedding we've been too in terms of food and location!!!.
We then stayed two nights in room 300 which had a queen or king bed in the bedroom, pull out couch in the living room and a daybed (twin) in a little alcove. Perfect for 2 adults and 3 children. The only 'problem' with the room was that the a/c in the bedroom was less than perfect, but we kept the ceiling fan on too and it was cool. Then there is a sky light in the living room. This is a nice touch unless you want to sleep when the sun is up. It got very bright in the early morning. The a/c was very loud in both rooms, but it was a consistent noise so it was easy to sleep (and drowned out any noise from outside)
The resort is right on the beach and the pool is perfect (heated). They also have a tiki bar with a lunch menu (kids meals, sandwiches, etc).
overall the resort and lunch were a little pricey. However, considering where you are (LBI), it's expected.
I would love to return and stay for longer.

Room Tip: Avoid the oceanfront rooms as they are over the nightclub/ tiki bar/ reception hall and get noisey a...
2  Thank noelle1156
Reviewed 8 June 2013

My mom, sister, and aunt (ages 22-62) went down to LBI for a overnight getaway looking for a room with a view. The online booking said that the no rooms were available but when I called they said they had rooms (later on I checked and it was working so be sure to call and check!) The receptionist said that they had oceanfront rooms left but forewarned us that Thursday is their big club night and the waterfront rooms overlook the Tiki Bar. I am glad she told us this so my mom and aunt were prepared for the noise later that night. Arriving at SeaShell we were very pleased that they had an adorable beachfront tiki bar with pool and access to the beach. I can't imagine a better beachfront hotel! The view from our balcony in room 225 looked like we were in the carribean with palm trees, tiki huts, and blue ocean. You can hear the crashing of the waves from inside the room with the balcony door open. The beach was sunny and we had the option of poolside too. Lunch in the Tiki Bar was delicious and supposedly they offer a great breakfast but we went ended up at Uncle Will's the next morning to spread our support for LBI.

I would recommend this place to anyone but if you are coming for a quiet getaway I would stay sunday-wednesday as the oceanfront view rooms are right above Tiki Bar/Beach Club. If you enjoy being in the center of the action, observing the shenanigans from a balcony or joining in downstairs, then come thursday-saturday. "Thunder Thursdays" starts at 10pm and is packed with 20-somethings and the noise in our room was like standing right in the club itself with earmuffs on so if you aren't planning on partying til 2am at the club, I wouldn't go for thursdays. My sister and I didn't mind as we joined the fun but my mom and aunt were happy when the noise died down at 2:30am.

Seashell is walking distance to the Surflight Theater and shops as well. We wanted to see a show there but they didn't have tickets on that particular thursday night.

Rooms were clean and cute though bathroom showed some signs of rust but it is oceanfront afterall. Sea Shell rebuilt a lot of their back end and lobby from Sandy- the downstairs ballroom/lobby is beautiful.

Room Tip: Rooms away from TikiBar/Oceanfront are quieter. Oceanfront rooms are beautiful with amazing views.
1  Thank Bella K
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Yes it's back, just as good as always! Nothing stops the Jersey shore. Renovations complete on the hotel and up and running. Weddings were there entire weekend. Still as good as ever the only difference is the beach area. There is about 50 feet less of the beach due to the devastation of Sandy and some of the stores aren't back, but your your staple restaurants and stores are. Buckalews, Chicken and The Egg, Kaplers Pharmacy and so many others. Jersey Strong!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ShazzG
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We have been renting beach houses for 1 to 2 weeks every summer down in LBI since 2000 or so. This was the first time we tried out a hotel in the area. We already had booked our 2 weeks' rental at the end of this coming August, but we wanted to see how the area was coming along before the summer season kicked in and we also wanted a little getaway for our wedding anniversary.

The beach was quite clean overall, although you still come across strange items stuck along the rocks of the jitneys. We actually spotted a flag pole!

Granted, we were basically the only guests at the Sea Shell when we were there April 28 through April 30, however, the post-Sandy renovations were nearly all complete and the hotel is ready for business.

Everything was clean, nicely maintained. The cleaning staff was quick in finding us some flatter pillows as my husband has a bad neck. The room was lovely, nothing fancy, but it was clean, with a nice flat-screen tv, a mini-fridge, closet and dresser, a small table and a couple of chairs.

The room had a balcony with two additional chairs and a small end table that faced the beach and overlooked the pool and tiki bar area.

We ate our meals at Buckalew's and Willie's, as the Sea Shell had limited options before Memorial Day, so I can't comment on eating within the hotel itself.

Pat, who manned the reception area, was very nice and we discussed at length the sadness at seeing all the damage in person on LBI, seeing some of our favorite places completely demolished such as the Italian ceramics shop Gallmaufri.

But everywhere you looked there were contractors, dumpsters, repairmen, etc. LBI will come back stronger than ever. We are very happy to know that one of our favorite vacation destinations is working itself back to full functionality. We would definitely stay at the Sea Shell again.

Room Tip: There was a band Sunday evening and we enjoyed the music wafting up to us on the balcony, however yo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VikLevitsky
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I am extremely impressed by the speed at which the Sea Shell recovered from Sandy. Not only were the rooms all remodeled, but the bar, the pool and the lobby are all finished as well. This is my favorite place at the Jersey Shore and I am happy to have contributed to the business this weekend.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
#1 of 49 in Atlantic City

Been to Sea Shell Resort and Beach Club? Share your experiences!