“Pretty Perfect”

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Beach Haven
New York City, New York
“Pretty Perfect”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here for three nights over Memorial Day Weekend. We booked pretty last minute and were happy to find a gem at such a good price! The hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the beach, very close to restaurants/bars, and wawa. It was very clean and served it's purpose (hey we didn't go to the beach to stay in our room). My only complaint would be that the bed was pretty much like sleeping on the floor, but that certainly wasn't enough to ruin our trip. Also, we went out late one night and couldn't find a parking spot when we returned. The boy at the front desk told us we could park in another lot as long as there wasn't a sign. Thankfully our car was not towed when we woke up! Needless to say, I'd recommend renting bikes or only going places within walking distance. We never went to the pool (it closed pretty early), but they do have one and we were told it's heated. We visited the sister property (Spray Beach Inn) a few blocks away several times because it has a restaurant/bar on the beach. Overall I'd definitely recommend this place, and I'd happliy return.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank luvlacandi

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Eynon, PA
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Everything on the Jersey Shore is ridiculously expensive. They have a fantastic beach; they know it; you know it; and if you want to be there, you pay for it. By these standards, the Mariner is - if not exactly a bargain - a more than decent find. The efficiency rooms are clean and sufficiently spacious for a family and have the conveniences (fridge, microwave, stovetop) that make managing vacation life much easier. The pool is fine (though as noted, it closes relatively early), but it is after all the beach you are there for. That is a short walk, without having to cross any major roads; and providing beach tags is a nice amenity. And, nearby there is a liquor store, a convenience store, and good pizza. All at a price that is not exactly low, but not bad for the area and gets you back to that beach!

One quick note: Google maps will bring you to the wrong place, I'm not sure why. Keep going south on LBI past where it tells you, past the IGA - it's just past the Wawa, on the same side (left).

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank CanariesPA
NYC
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Clean, Friendly
Comfortable rooms
Reasonably priced for the summer season
Very nice area
Decent pool
3 blocks from the beach (a 5 min walk) - I thats important, pay more for their sister hotel the Spray Beach Inn - its right on the beach

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank SteveMNyc
Sparta, NJ
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Booked this based on online reviews. Rooms were recently updated and pretty modern. As another reviewer said, the motel doesn't look like much on the outside, but the rooms are nicely done and had most conveniences you could think of on a beach vacation: safe, hair dryer, fridge, microwave, iron, etc. Pool was a perfect size for our two young kids and although it did close early (7 or so), we decided to swim before dinner, so it worked out OK. Overall, expensive -- like everything else on LBI! -- but worth it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Skylander33
East Rutherford, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Good location, recently remodeled. However, the pool closes at 7pm everyday, which I think is totally ridiculous. They even cover it with a tarp so you can't go in. For $150 (and up) per night, I should be able to go swimming at 10pm if I want. Also, they let you smoke at the pool, so you can't swim after 7pm, but some fat pig can blow smoke in your kids faces while they're at the pool when it actually is open. The soda machine would not take our money (coins or dollars) so we couldn't even get a bottle of water. The floor in the room was filthy, I gave my son a bath, and 10 mins later his feet were black. We also found old pieces of candy under the bed, which luckily he didn't put in his mouth. They also advertise for a restaurant & bar, but if you look closer, you will see that it says on the sign, 9 blocks south at another motel. There is NO restaurant/bar/food service. In my opinion, they have some nerve charging $150 and up for a place that offers no food or bar and has a pool that closes before the sun even goes down. I would look elsewhere if I was you.

Room Tip: We stayed on the boulevard side because the pool side is about $50 more. and to top it off, the pool...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank rubyangel42
Mahopac, New York
Reviewed 13 March 2011

I have been coming here for years. The rooms were redone. The price is the best I could find in LBI and it's 2 blocks from the beach. There's a raw and coooked seafood place next door. You can park the car and walk to dinner and to the beach. Ice cream is across the street. All rooms have balconies and small fridges. The pool is not too big, but good for young children. The rooms are clean.My friends came with me for the first time and want to go back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank beachbum10541
Plainview, New York
Reviewed 2 September 2010

Was very hesitant at first, but took the plunge, and it was the best decision ever. Very easy check in, room was bigger than I expected, was very clean w/ an updated bathroom. We took the efficiency because of the kids and it was worth every penny (stove top, fridge, micro, toaster, dishes, couch, table w/ chairs, etc.). It faced the pool which was very convenient to watch the kids. And the pool came in very handy, because it rained for a few days, but the kids were able to swim anyway. Oh - and the pool was heated which was a big plus. The location was perfect as well. Many restaurants, WaWa, etc. in walking distance. It was truly and great find and would def. recommend it.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
#4 of 7 in Beach Haven
The Sand Castle
The Sand Castle
#1 of 5 in Barnegat Light

Been to Mariner Inn? Share your experiences!