All reviews sister property heated pool front desk homemade donuts across the street small balcony convenience store walking distance air conditioner long beach island can't wait to go back beach passes first floor wawa dolores mariners marvel
Reviewed 5 June 2018

We went for a quick weekend - it was our first stay at the Mariner, and what mattered most to me was cleanliness, and I sure got it! I walked the room barefoot and in my white socks - not a speck! We had a street view room on the 2nd floor - it was quiet with a cute balcony. The front desk was amazingly friendly and helpful, and we will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank afdmec98
SprayBeachHotel, Front Office Manager at Mariner Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time out to review us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all the wonderful feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Room was okay, spacious, but the rug needed to be cleaned. Found popcorn kernels on the floor. The bathroom was dingy and dirty looking, the sink had rust in and again needs an update. Housekeeping came but only emptied the trash cans and made the bed. I didn't see they did anything else.The staff was friendly and the heated pool was a plus. We would not book again.,

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Trixie1953
SprayBeachHotel, Front Office Manager at Mariner Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time out to review us on Trip Advisor. We are continuously updating our guest rooms, we are sorry you found it unsatisfactory. Being on the ocean front we find it difficult to battle the elements. Again, we apologize for your inconveniences and hope to change your mind in the near future.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the Mariner Inn on Long Beach Island We were treated so well there. The staff was friendly and accommodating The pool area was nice. we enjoyed our time there and would definitely return.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth S

Thank you so much for taking the time out to review us. We appreciate all the wonderful feedback and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

My husband and I have been staying at the Mariner for over 15 years coming down 4th of July and Labor day for long weekends. The entire crew that works the front desk are the best especially Delores. No complaints about the rooms until now. Whoever thought that putting all those pillows exposed on the bed was a step up in room decor is terribly wrong! It not only makes the beds look unmade, but now I have to pile all those extra pillows on the floor at night which is a total waste of time. On a more serious note, twice when I came back into my room this past Labor Day weekend, my room smelled of alcohol after it had been cleaned! It's bad enough that one of your housekeepers blasts her music in the hallways in the morning but my room smelling of alcohol is reprehensible! My advice to management, tell your housekeepers to clean up their act, They shouldn't be allowed to drink on the job.

Room Tip: Get one of the Pool Rooms, it's great to walk right outside and have coffee by the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank tonigirl1110
SprayBeachHotel, Front Office Manager at Mariner Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry you are displeased about the pillows. I spoke with Dolores, I'm sure we can work out an arrangement so that next time you come we won't have them in your room. Also, I sincerely apologize for the alcohol smell. I have spoken with management about this incident and we will be monitoring the surveillance there. We will make sure this shall never happen again. Hope this hasn't changed your mind and look forward to your return next year.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this hotel and the people working here! Our room is super clean, the beds are comfortable, the bathroom....it's the biggest & brightest hotel bathroom I have ever seen!! The ladies that work the front desk always greet you with a smile and were very helpful with restaurant suggestions! I would definitely recommend staying here and I would without a doubt stay here again!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
SprayBeachHotel, Front Office Manager at Mariner Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time out to review us. We appreciate all the wonder feedback, can't wait to see you again soon.