Spray Beach Hotel
Mariner Inn(Beach Haven)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$87
Jolly Roger Motel(Beach Haven)
Sea Spray Motel(Beach Haven)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsoff seasonbananas foster french toastpool experiencesmoking areaindoor restaurantfluffy towelsocean sidelabor day weekendpool deckthe entire islandthe jersey shorepleasure of stayingthree nightscoffee makerbay villagelive musicbeach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 August 2013

The location of the Spray Beach Inn is perfect. Right next to the beach, it has a bar, restaurant, bathrooms and a pool.
The room was less than acceptable; the musty smell was unbearable even after opening the windows and turning on the air. I came home with my blanket and pillow smelling of must. It was not worth the $260 I paid for the room at the Atlantic Avenue Building, but again, the location was perfect. I do not know if the rooms were any better at the main building. The pool was very crowded and didn’t look appealing.
The reservation process was excellent; the staff was helpful on the phone before my stay and during the stay as well. We were able to obtain our beach badges at 11am; our room was ready much earlier than 3pm.
The pool bar bartender was not friendly or service oriented, he actually had a few people complaining each time I went to the bar. The women bartender on Sunday was excellent, although on both days in the afternoon they could have used 2 bartenders.
Great place to go have a drink and look out over the ocean even if you are not staying at the motel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I stayed here with my boys for a quick 1 night getaway on a Sunday. The pool and spa are really great but the room is marginal at best. Think older carpeting, bathroom fixtures, and the like. We enjoyed the oceanfront bar and being close to what is great about LBI such as the Thundering Surf waterpark, shops and of course the beach.
It was also a little noisy...late...but I have to say the management dealt with it very quickly...before my kids woke up...which I was grateful for.
All in all.. its an OK place. I think kind of pricey for what it is (motel rooms around a pool kind of joint...)but then again this is the Shore. And it was August (prime season...) The beach is great...its just all.....OK.

Room Tip: Just realize that if you are there in July or August there will be a lot of people around and it will (of course) be noisy.
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Do not go here! Overpriced, no beach the beach was a cliff! The pool was overcrowded, I never saw so many people in a pool at the same time,OMG! I'm from central Jersey and heard good things about this place, all not true! The efficiency rooms were so small and the beds were old. The room smelled like mildew! Take it from me , don not waste your money. Totally overpriced!!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I have been visiting LBI since I was a kid and I was a little disappointed that the beaches were not back to normal after "SANDY". When you walked outside our hotel it was a cliff! It was very sad and I can only imagine what the locals must feel like. At least the beach was clean. The Spray Beach is a typical beach hotel nothing fancy and they at least had a vacancy for a spur of the moment trip. I must say that it is a little pricey for the rooms.

Room Tip: Third floor ocean front is the best view of the ocean.
1  Thank Jamaicanmecrazy12
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Just a quick two night get-away but fun, clean little inn right on the ocean. Tried the restaurant on two occasions and both times it hit the mark, prices about what you can expect down the shore.
Pool is nice, geared more towards kids than adults, attached hot tub warm, not hot but that is understandable. Thought the price per night was a tad high considering how under booked the place was but just wanted to get down the shore. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple