“Good food, but a bit pricey” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good food, but a bit pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

First time visit this summer - must have driven past over one hundred times, but never made it in. So l liked that's could bring my own wine - that was a solid plus. I also liked sitting outside (the inside can be very noisy when busy).

The food was sold - good choices across the board like pasta, seafood, steak and chicken. We also had good apps, and the bread was also good. So what was the issue? It was not that anything was bad, it was more that for the prices (easily $35-40 pp without alcohol) I just did not think the entire experience was worth the value.

Would I go back? Yes I think I would, especially since it was my first visit. The service staff was nice, I just did not think it was equivalent to the price we paid.

Freehold, New Jersey
“pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

Last evening we were looking for a new place to try on LBI (Long Beach Island, NJ) with another couple and decided to try Pinziminio. What a pleasant surprise! Excellent food, very good service, very friendly staff. All four of us were quite impressed with our dinners. The portions are large - everyone had leftovers and my wife and I shared the large Caesar salad. We will definitely be there again. Just hope they are open year round...

• Visited October 2012
Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wedding Rehersal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

I had my son's wedding rehersal dinner at Pinziminio's on September 21, 2012. It was wonderful. Karen (the chef/owner) had so many nice suggestions for us. We had cocktails and appitizers on the patio outside where they set a bar and tables up for our party. When we went inside they had the table set up in the shape of a T so that all 21 people could be together. The salad and entrees were delicious and they served the dinner family style. The service was outstanding the servers were very attentive to everyone, I would like to complement them for their wonderful service.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank cdotz
New York
“Enjoyable dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

Great meals, good value, loved the eggplant parm, caesar salad and specials. Service is good. Servers are pleasant and knowledgeable. And BYO!

Visited September 2012
Wayne, New Jersey
“Good Choice for Italian on LBI”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

For the record, they are not in Beach Haven. Yes, once upon a time, but not now. The current site is in an attractive, stand-alone building which provides a nice ambience inside (not the best acoustics though) with some outdoor seating as well. The restaurant is chef-owned (2) and, on a positive note, chef/owner monitored most evenings. Yes, I've found that they really care and seem genuinely interested in feedback. They have a solid menu, not overly extensive, but often supplemented by a couple of nightly specials which are typically interesting and very good. LBI survives on seasonal help, but, in my experience, Pinziminio's seems to attract, train and retain good servers. In fairness to a previous reviewer, there are always exceptions.

As pointed out by many, the eggplant appetizer is exceptional--both in taste and size. It is one of the best eggplant preparations that I've ever had....layers of thinly sliced eggplant, lightly sauced. Another favorite of mine is the penne with chicken, sausage and gorgonzola. It's not a light dish as implied by the ingredients, but it's a knockout baked combination. As a general statement, the restaurant serves large portions and, in that regard, it is a nice dish to share. Their signature sauce is tasty--a sweet twist on a putanesca, which makes its way into a number of dishes. I wish there were more fish selections on the menu, but this minor complaint is usually addressed by the specials. In my view, this is a much appreciated BYO on LBI.

• Visited August 2012