“Nothing fancy but well worth it”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Coral Seas Oceanfront Motel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Beach Haven
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I wanted to take the family away for just a few days to limit the expenses, so we stayed 1 night at Coral Seas. We live in Pennsylvania and wanted to make the most of our 2 days at the beach. We arrived at 10 am and the Coral Seas staff were gracious enough to let us use the beach badges (included with the room) even though we weren't able to check in yet. The front desk took our cell number and phoned us around 2pm saying that our room was available. The room was small but clean. The room had a flat panel TV, 2 queen sized beds, fridge and bathroom. The hotel is older, but still nice. The windows were open in the room when we entered. The room was a little musty, but I turned on the air conditioner and that helped. The pool was a nice sized pool, and clean. Several new lounging chairs and tables around the pool. Plenty of parking, and right next to the beach. The beach was nice, with a designated swimming area that had 2 lifeguards stationed there. The motel does not have a restaurant, so we had takeout from Pinky Shrimps (just a few miles north). Their food is excellent, and we ate at the pool. Checkout was 11 am. The staff was nice enough to let us use their pool during the remainder of the day, and also the beach badges (we stayed until 3:30 pm but got rained on so we decided to leave). The staff did ask that we move our car out of the parking lot and to the street so that arriving guests could have a place to park. I was very happy to oblige. The only thing I have to complain about were the beds. They were too hard for me and I did not get a good sleep. Overall, we had a great time. We have rented a house on LBI before, and that was really nice. But, Coral Seas offered a nice alternative for a short stay, with a pool and excellent access to the beach!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Tom M
There are newer reviews for Coral Seas Oceanfront Motel

Reviewed 13 August 2012

I just got back yesterday from a 3 night stay at the Coral Seas. We stayed in a STANDARD room, above the pool (room 231). The motel was much nicer than I expected based on the pictures on their website. Here are some comments:

LOCATION: was perfect. There was plenty of free parking, and it was a very easy walk to everything. We never needed to move the car. The beach is literally a 15 second walk. There is nothing but a sand dune separating the motel from the beach. This part of the beach is relatively quiet and not too crowded. Sand is soft, lots of beautiful seashells and fun waves to boogie board on. One thing that set this motel (and the town of Beach Haven) apart was the safety of the area. People just leave their bicycles, beach chairs, etc out or near the beach access. No locks necessary. I traveled with 2 other women and we felt very safe walking around at night.

ROOMS: Yes, the decor was relatively outdated, but to me, that is part of what made this a charming place to stay. Our room had 2 double beds, and there was enough room for a TWIN size air mattress. There was a refrigerator and a very small TV (which we never even turned on since we were on a beach vacation). I saw another room next to ours had a more modern TV. The room was spotless and clean. The bathroom was very clean as well. We couldn't hear any noise at any time, and the motel was sold out all 3 nights. There were families with kids on either side of us, but we never heard them.

CLIENTELE: The other guests in the motel were so friendly and nice. Made our stay even more enjoyable. This place seems to attract good people!

STAFF: I love staying in family owned properties and this place was no exception. The owners were friendly, and check-in was easy. My friends and I were surprised that no matter what time it was, there always seemed to be someone out cleaning the grounds (sweeping, drying lounge chairs, etc.) They definitely took pride in their property.

OTHER: The only thing this place was lacking was a place to get a quick bite or a drink. But, there were plenty of other places nearby so it was only a minor inconvenience. Be sure to bring your own beach chair/umbrella. I also would have preferred a booklet in the room on restaurants in town, but there were plenty of menus and brochures in the office. This place is expensive, but no more expensive than other places on the beach. In my opinion, the location is worth the price (especially if you split it 3 ways like we did). Obviously, other people agree since as I said, the motel was sold out all 3 nights we were there.

I would definitely recommend this place, and I am looking forward to returning some day!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank kml71604
Reviewed 3 August 2012

The room smelt so musty! The wifi service was so very poor! There were cigarette ashes in the ice machine (Yuck!) - rooms were dated, locks were broken (but fixed within the day) - hotel only had a pool - no tiki bar, no live music, no store, no little eatery - nothing like the neighboring hotels yet the rates were the same. If you just want a place to lay your head at night - its fine - just keep the windows open to vent the smell.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank KymBuchan
Reviewed 24 July 2012

This was a wonderfull experience staying at Coral Seas. The staff were very courteous and thorough in their duties. We found the rooms comfort and cleanliness excelent. It's location right off the beach was a pluss also. We plan on returning here many more times.

Room Tip: We were at ground floor right off the beach and loved it.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard M
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I had never been to LBI before but friends told us it was a charming town. We called and got an oceanfront view at Coral Seas. We arrived early and asked if they could call us when a room was ready. They quickly switched things around and let us in right then and there! The room had 2 windows and a balcony looking onto the ocean. It was very clean, easy to park, had a great pool and there were nice families at this quiet hotel. We were very pleased. The next day when we checked out we asked if we could use their restroom to change after our day and the beach and once again the owners were willing to help us out, they even let me keep my salt water taffy in their refrigerator so it didn't melt in our car.
We would go back there!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank kimk23
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Since I rely so much on other reviews, I feel that it's only fair that I do the same for people. I picked this hotel last minute over a holiday weekend. The place was exactly what we needed. The rooms were clean (and I don't think too small at all), the hotel had a nice pool and was steps from the beach. What more could you want? We were able to walk into town to restaurants and shops. Never needed to get in the car unless we wanted to go exploring even further. The owner was so nice. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ELJ827
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We love coming down to LBI and staying at Coral Seas. It's right on the beach and walking distance to everything. You never have to get in your car of you don't want to. The owners are wonderful and friendly. The rooms are clean, all overlook the pool with seating right outside your door. The pool area is quite nice. A real family place. We just love it. See you next year!

• Stayed: July 2012
Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island
Sea Spray Motel
Sea Spray Motel
#9 of 12 in Beach Haven

Been to Coral Seas Oceanfront Motel? Share your experiences!