“Pleasant stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Coral Seas Oceanfront Motel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Beach Haven
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed at the Coral Seas in September. We were in Beach Haven for a wedding. The location is great, right on the beach and two blocks from the wedding venue. The property could use some updating but it was quiet and the pool was very inviting!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neal C

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My wife and I have been visiting Beach Haven a couple times per year since 2000. We will definitely be adding the Coral Seas to our list of good accommodations.

Room: We stayed in a suite, which was perfectly sized for us and our two small children (3 & 5). The entry room had a living area with pullout couch and adjoining mini-kitchen (dorm fridge, microwave, sink, & table); the bedroom had two double beds + bathroom (shower+tub). Each room had a wall-mounted flat-screen TV with cable; free wifi available. (Note that the TVs have accessible input jacks; next time I would consider bringing a DVD player for the kids instead of our small TV/DVD combo.) The rooms are separated by a sliding wooden door. The third floor suite was bright, with lots of sun coming in from the north and south facing windows. The entry room had a sliding door with screen. Outside it was 4 chairs and small table, overlooking the pool but with a slight view of the ocean. While it wasn't private, there was little foot traffic on the 3rd floor so quite peaceful (except for our own kids -- sorry, everybody, we try!).

Location: The rooms are servicable, though not spectacular. The real selling point here is the location. It is just steps from the beach, and only a short walk from the heart of Beach Haven restaurants (i.e. Chicken and the Egg is only minutes away by foot). The beach trips with the kids were neat and tidy, with a nice clean-up station available.

Clientele: As mentioned, we were traveling as 2 parents + 2 small kids. And we weren't alone. By my nosy estimate, there were at least 3 other families with young kids. The rest of the clientele was predominantly an older crowd. I did not notice any 20-somethings; nobody would mistake this for a cool young scene. This may have been due to the mid-September dates, but I suspect this is the atmosphere they cultivate. Overall pretty quiet, laid back, and mellow. Quiet enough that I was well aware when my kids were getting too noisy.

Other: A motel pool is not something I usually care about, but in this case it was clearly a positive attribute of the Coral Seas. It has a nice shallow section for the kids, and turned out to be a winner with the family. They close the pool near dusk, so it does not turn into a party scene at night.

Overall: We've stayed at a number of Beach Haven locations, as our own travel needs have changed through the years. Where we are now with the small kids, the Coral Seas is a great option. (I still pine for the hot-tub room at the Engleside, but maybe another year...)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jason M
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed at the Coral Seas in August of 2013. It was in the best location on the Island in Beach Haven, and the entrance to the beach was 20 feet from the motel. We booked a standard room with 2 double beds. There was a mini-fridge in the room as well as a coffee maker. They also provide Wi-Fi at the motel and the connection was strong. If you need a blow dryer, just ask at the reception and you can borrow one. We had a parking spot for the duration of our stay, although the lot was pretty full. Reception was very friendly, the rooms were impeccably clean, the beds were on the firm side but comfortable, and the pool was in the sun all day and very relaxing. While I would describe the decor in the rooms as dated, we aren't so picky about looks as long as everything is clean. Also the air conditioner in the room was very old, but it worked just fine. At night we slept well, didn't hear the neighbors at all even though the entire motel was full. This is more of a quiet family place, so if you are looking to party and be loud in the evenings this is not your motel. Each room had two lawn chairs outside of the room door under the covered porch/walkway. Everyone left their towels on the railing or suit etc. to dry overnight. There was also space there to leave your beach chairs/boogie boards etc. so you didn't get sand in your room. If your a smoker, there is no smoking in the rooms but you can sit outside the room on the lawn chairs. Also in the pool area, there were some round tables with umbrellas, which were nice for when we ate at the motel since there is no real table to eat at in the room. The pool was open from about 9-7pm if I remember correctly. Really the only negative thing I could think to say about Coral Seas, is that the pillows were not as fluffy as I like. Also the smoke detector was removed from our room, not sure why. But really there is nothing bad about this motel! I highly recommend it! Also the room price was right on or a little bit less than other motels/hotels on LBI, although it is not cheap to stay anywhere on this Island.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tina2316
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We have been enjoying The Coral Seas for many decades. Our children , grandchildren and friends have joined us over the years to enjoy LBI. let us list the reasons why: clean, safe, well maintained, friendly, delightful pool, location, so close to ocean. it is our idea of Heaven and the year is not complete without a visit to Coral Seas .

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janet H
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I can't believe some of the bad reviews! It seems like most of them are from one unfortunate wedding party, probably got too rowdy and didn't like to be told to keep it down.

I am heading down to Coral Seas on Sunday for my 5th stay. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are comfortable, clean and I have never experienced any musty or moldy scents the four times I have been there. The motel is literally steps from the beach and a lovely walk to restaurants, shopping and attractions. This is a family-run establishment and they take a lot of pride in their motel. Coral Seas is a family friendly place - no need to worry about people partying and making noise into the wee hours. Very relaxing and enjoyable, which is just what I want in a vacation. A wonderful place and a great value which is why it is my "go to" place on the Jersey Shore!

Can't wait to get there again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank luvinfiniti
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Just returned from LBI and stayed at the Coral Seas for 10 days. I'm used to 4-5 star hotels but thought I'd give this a shot based on last minute plans. Turns out we really loved the place. It's family owned and operated, sits right on the beach in the heart of Beach Haven, close to restaurants, Fantasy Island & night life. The motel and rooms are immaculate and the prices are the most reasonable based on location, total value and a lot of research. The family owned staff is very friendly and accommodating.

This will be our place of choice in the future.
JT

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John T
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

This is my second stay here at the Coral Seas. The first time was for one night and it served its purpose. I wanted somewhere different this time but I waited too long and everything else was booked so here we are again for 4 nights (which is their minimum for 4th of July weekend!) the ONLY good thing about this place is the location and pool. You are literally right on the beach.
I do not 'know' the owners well- last time they seemed rude. This time I checked in at 1am so not much contact. I will say its annoying they don't have online reservations and when you email with an inquiry their response always ends with 'please call the office'. I'm emailing cause I want clear info to refer to and I can't make a call right now!
Also, they require you to send a check with your 50% deposit, no cc's- very old school. Additionally, the rooms are only tolerable. They are dark, dingy, sandy, and not worry the $ they are charging. They are milking the location. The bedspreads are disgusting. As far as the 'clean' comments on other reviews, you can't tell cause everything is camouflaged! Multiple brown colored Berber carpet, floral bedspreads that are at least 30 years old, wood paneling. Everything is damp and sticky. I'm not happy I have to stay here 4 nights. This is a last resort for sure!

• Stayed: July 2013
Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 49 in Atlantic City

Been to Coral Seas Oceanfront Motel? Share your experiences!