“Typical Shore Local”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I usually end up in Buckalew's a few times a year on and off season. That pretty much sums up Buckalew's, On and Off!. Occassionaly you get a good server, usually not. The food, more often than not, is great. I highly suggest not to go during the season.

1  Thank GerryW7489
There are newer reviews for Buckalew's Restaurant & Tavern

Reviewed 2 November 2013

In late October, not much was open. But this was still the right place for us with a good variety on the menu and well-prepared food. Also plenty of choices for beer!

1  Thank M G
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We were there last year and had an OK experience, this year we did a return trip and did not have a good one. In reality this experience brought back the memory of our last visit that I thought at the time when I reviewed it was just ok, but in reality it was not. Anyway suffice it to say that I will not be repeating a trip there ever again. Why people are willing to stand outside of the restaurant for mediocre food and service is beyond me. I will never return and never recommend this place to anyone

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Went there on a chilly, late October night. Nice, warm, lively atmosphere. Loved the mushrooms stuffed with sausage. Nice selection of draft beers. Note we were in the bar area, not the restaurant, which is more formal.

1  Thank JQ M
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Vegetarians in a beach community have few options. Buckalews actually has vegan/vegetarian options. We had a pizza with vegetables. The wine and beer were good choices. A great dinner for a
mid-week off-season visit. We would come back.