“Stuffed cheesesteak pizza! YUM”
Review of Slice of Heaven

Slice of Heaven
Ranked #49 of 93 Restaurants in Beach Haven
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Every time we're in Beach Haven we are sure to visit here and order the stuffed cheesesteak pizza. Lots of cheese, steak, peppers, and onions covered top and bottom with pizza dough. So yummy, so filling. Gotta try it!

Reviewed 26 June 2013

In past years I have visited Slice of Heaven and thought the pizza was decent, but the place was kind of run-down and the staff interactions were awkward. This year I went back for pizza THREE times during our week at the beach because it was such a good experience. Much improved from the past, I believe.

First, the pizza- I think it is great. Nice crispy, thin crust. The crust is crispier/thinner if you get a slice at the restaurant. The large to-go pie has a slightly thicker crust but it is still tasty. I love the sauce and the cheese tastes really fresh. It is a little greasy but honestly, I've had greasier pizza at chain places, easily. The stuffed pizza is also really great- try the broccoli/spinach/ricotta stuffed slice if that's your kind of thing.

Second, the prices- yeah, they are on the high side. You can get a cheaper slice a couple blocks down at Bay Village, for example. However, the pizza is definitely tastier at Slice of Heaven. Also, the slices are huge, so you probably won't need to order multiples. (Unless you're really going all-out on vacation I guess.)

Lastly, the condition of the restaurant and staff- they really cleaned the place up after the storm. I wonder if they were still working on clean-up when some recent reviewers went and had bad experiences with messiness or rude staff? In any case, they have their act cleaned up for summer, it seems. The bathroom was spotless, for example. Same older chairs and tables inside but overall it just seems less dingy this year. Maybe they're working on that. The staff is still a lot of younger kids, but they were all very nice and worked efficiently when I visited.

I'll try again next year and hopefully the experience is still positive!

Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

The food is good enough but the staff is, to give them the benefit of the doubt, untrained. Picked up a couple of pies on Sunday and the service was terrible. Nobody knows how the new computers work and to not accept debit or credit in the year 2013 is simply unacceptable.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

One time I came here and asked for Holly, or Molly, or something like that. It was this girl I knew. She wasn't there. It turned out she worked at another pizza place.

2  Thank Babourouno
Reviewed 4 March 2013

If you looking to pick up a hoagie or a pizza, this is a good choice. Pizza is a bit greasy, but this is normal for Jersey shore pizza. I don't think you will be disappointed.