“Good Family Restaurant”

Howard's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 93 Restaurants in Beach Haven
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I went to Howard's for my annual Mother's Day dinner. My husband started with some small but delicate oysters on the half shell. He's very particular about oysters, and he thought these were delicious. Entrees come with a salad or cole slaw. We always get the salad because the have the best, homemade buttermilk ranch dressing. They really should bottle and sell it. I always get the French fried lobster. This is their specialty and it shows. Crispy on the outside, tender in the inside. My husband got the horseradish encrusted salmon. He must of liked it because nothing was left on his plate. We would have gotten dessert, but here is where Howard's is lacking. A pretty poor selection, so we skipped dessert. Don't forget this is a byob establishment. So the check is pretty reasonable.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Howard's gets very crowded in the summer for average seafood. Their specialty is the fried lobster, if you like lobster it is an interesting way to serve it, the rest of the seafood is OK, but not as good as some of the other seafood restaurants in the area. Still it is worth a trip.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

For decades this family owned restaurant has been delivering the freshest, most flavorful dishes on the east coast. My wife dies for the French Fried Lobster. I love the seafood combination, fried or broiled. The Cole Slaw or the Salad what a decision to have to make .. well just order both that's what I frequently do.... The specials, the fresh fish, the clams on the half shell, decisions, decisions. Bring a bottle or two of your favorite wine invite another couple and get ready to enjoy a meal to write home about......

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stopped in on spur of the moment and luckily, since we had a large party of 9, we only had a 10 minute wait to be seated as opposed to those with parties of 4 or less who had a 45-60 minute wait. Well worth the wait, though - every single dish from the New England Clam Chowder to the Bouillabaisse to the Surf and Turf and Grilled Salmon were PHENOMENAL. All perfectly cooked, seasoned and served piping hot at the same time. Best lobster tails and filet ratings from those who ordered it and my New England Clam Chowder was excellent. The Bouillabaisse was also excellent and since Howard's version is one without the traditional addition of Pernod - it's one that anyone who likes fresh, perfectly cooked seafood would love. Awesome beginning to end and definitely a MUST TRY when you are in Beach Haven. 5 Gold Stars! Great service, Great food, Great time!

1  Thank Patrick C
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Tonight, my parents, my husband, my son and I ate at Howard's. My father loves Howard's and says it's the only place to eat on the island. I tend agree, but feel that there are others that we haven't yet explored.
The pecan flounder was abundant and delicious. The crab cake recipe has changed!!!! They put a spice in it. It is no longer the crab cake of past. The fried lobster is still excellent and always a hit.
We will be back!