“Great Seafood”

Howard's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 94 Restaurants in Beach Haven
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My husband and I always have dinner at Howard's Seafood at least once every time we go to LBI. It's great food and friendly service make it a joy to go. He enjoys the fried lobster tail and I enjoy the flounder Maryland on their menu. They also have fresh seafood that they give you a choice of how to have it prepared. Highly recommend here.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Service was great! Lobster bisque was amazing as well as the atmosphere! Definitely try the fried lobster , it is different but very good.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Ambiance similar to an Atlantic City Buffet. As we walked up to our table, I looked at what others were eating and my heart sank. Everything was deep fried and looked like a kids meal at McDonald's. Food was indistinguishable, everything looked like fish sticks, chicken nuggets and fries (even if it wasn't)...all a color of yellow/orange/brown.
I heard about the restaurant's specialty, "French Fried Lobster". I wanted to see what it looked like prior to ordering the $33 dish. People next to us ordered it, it looked like chicken tenders (about 8) with a handful of fries. It is an outrage to butcher a lobster in that way. It did not look good at all.

I ordered the Mediterranean Shrimp (was a special) which was ok, but really not worth the price. I did add the french fried lobster piece to my dinner for $6 just to try it. It was very bland and truly did not taste good at all (actually did not taste anything). The other dishes that our party had, were ok, but really not worth the price. Most dishes were in in the $30s, which would be ok for fine dining. This tasteless experience is far from that. Had serious buyer's remorse.

3  Thank Toly_Mil
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I'll keep this one short and sweet. We've eaten at Howard's many times over many years and I'm happy to report it's better than it's ever been. Thanks to Sandy, the restaurant has been totally renovated and is clean and inviting now. The service was excellent, our meals were all very good and the prices were the same as last year. If you're looking for decent seafood on LBI where you can bring your own wine and beer and have a nice, relaxing meal, this is the place to go.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Howard's is a great place to have a nice relaxing dinner on the Island. It is a bring your own and there is a liquor store across the street. The lobster bisque is amazing! You must get it. We even get some to go! I also highly recommend the crab cake broiled. Staff was kind and helpful. We will be returning to LBI in a few weeks and we are looking forward to heading back to Howards.