“Don't believe everything you read”
Review of Boat House Restaurant - CLOSED

Boat House Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2014

After reading the reviews on trip advisor I was a little Leary when friends of ours suggested this restaurant for dinner.
While the reviews were not completely wrong they weren't right either.
1. Yes it is pricey but you get large portions and it's seafood at the shore- everything is expensive.
2. The food is delicious - I would say it was just me but everyone in our party of 12 enjoyed their meal. It went from lobster Mac and cheese to tuna- all good.
3. It is loud but there are a lot of large parties and families having a good time and the beautiful sunsets make you forget the noise.
4. We had no problem with the service, ordered apps and when the mussels came out not all completely opened even though we ate the open ones they brought us a whole new order, the waitress even split the checks for us between 4 checks.
Overall a very enjoyable evening with good food and friends!

1  Thank LeeAnn1641

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great service and excellent food. A little pricey. But the view was worth it. Special service and a flower on plate. Open windows on the waqter. Go early. Waiting lines.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We've been to the Boat House on numerous occasions. Every time I leave with a feeling of "why did we not go somewhere else?", and then I forget until we go the next time.

My confusion was not resolved until the last time we visited.

The service of this establishment is very good and the view is beautiful (if you get the right seat).
The menu is diverse and the food that comes out is very attractive and appetizing.

Unfortunately the taste is not as consistent as the presentation. It's not bad, but is not great either. Overall, I'd rate this restaurant with 4 stars, but then I realized the "why". The check arrived and I instantly realized It is the price.

The entrees are over $30 dollars each and when compared to a place like the Gables, it just doesn't.

I understand someone needs diversity, so I wouldn't count the Boat House out of the rotation, but be weary of the price/quality ratio.

1  Thank Toly_Mil
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This restaurant has a beautiful sunset view.
Service is great but food is just average. I had an appetizer and main course from the specials of the day and weren't too bad.
My friends meals were not as good, you could tell is fresh but the flavors were not tasty.
Basically you just pay for a nice view. The good part is you can bring your own liquor and there is cover charge for it.
Prices are high.

2  Thank Jorginho33
Reviewed 18 July 2014

In short the best thing about this place is the view, that it. We tried to take a photo of the sunset and while we had our backs turned Two busboys stared taking away everything from our table, including our wine. My wife ordered chicken tenders that were raw, my fried sea food was not that appetizing either. In short this place sucks.