“Were service doesn't matter”

Ketch Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #72 of 93 Restaurants in Beach Haven
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Seem to be a nice place with atmosphere when dinning on the great outdoor patio with the view on the Sunset that's all. The meal are various and are just the average in presentation and taste, and dont think about service, i have se my waiter at the end of the meal he never poor a glass of wine. It's not his fault all the staff seam to be running the are Young student hired for the season,s probabilly. It's great for the ambiance if your seated outdoor and that's all. A bit pricey for what you get be advise.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Came here for dinner after seeing their advertisement which sounded pretty good, it was fair to be generous. I came in at around 8pm and it wasn't as busy as many other establishments in the area...1st bad sign. I requested indoor seating and was told that outdoor seating would get me served faster as they only had 1 server for the indoor section, they weren't busy so that was bad sign #2. I went upstairs and my server was a very pleasant young woman who did her best. There is very little lighting in the outdoor area and many of the tables didn't even have the candle lit. I had the Sashimi Tuna encrusted in sesame seeds which came with mashed potato's, string beans and tomato's and mushrooms in a citrus dressing. The dressing just didn't fit with the Tuna but overall the meal was ok. The Tuna was prepared as requested. The table next to me was ridiculously loud and a bit vulgar. Most folk who sat in that area ate fast and left and that included me. I came out to eat and relax, not to sit and hear a bunch of drunk socialites make fools out of themselves. The other customers were just as annoyed but the management made no effort to get these "ladies" to quiet down. Too many other places to try, I won't be back.

1  Thank dragonladyrvrr
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I've been vacationing at LBI for since the 80s and have seen restaurants come and go and this is one that should be gone soon, hopefully. How hard is it for an alleged seafood place to make shrimp scampi and crab cakes? Very hard for the Ketch where the scampi was served luke warm to cold and went brought out a second time was luke warm. The shrimp were smaller than wha you find frozen at a supermarket, the linguini awful. The crab cakes may have been made while the chef was looking at a picture of some crabs but contained mostly binders, little crab meat and little flavor. Service was mediocre and many other patrons were not satisfied either.

Our biggest misteake was not waiting 2 hours around rhe corner for a table at the Black Whale where we've had excellent meals this season. Avoid the Ketch.

1  Thank njguy-7
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Our group of 11 (5 being kids) found ourselves without dinner plans at 6pm on a Saturday in August..We made some calls while driving south to the few restaurants that we knew took reservations, but couldn't find anything until after 8pm. We had eaten at the BoatHouse across the street earlier in the week, and knew the Ketch was a nice looking place, and offered a 'kids eat free' deal. So we popped in. Shockingly, they were able to seat us immediately. Was this a warning sign? Or was everyone else scared off by being ranked #53 out of 53 on tripadvisor?
Honestly, the food was generally ok. Nothing to rave about, but nothing that required criticism either. Our server Megan was sweet, although the service was a bit sketchy. Two issues to note: we sat down at 6:10, and had placed our orders by 6:24. At 6:40, while we were all already eating our starters, Megan told us that the company policy was that the orders had to 'be in the system by 6:30' in order to qualify for the kids eat free deal. I pleasantly reminded Megan that we had our orders in before 6:30, and that if the manager wanted to enforce their policy, then we would have to walk out. After a very quick chat in the back, Megan cheerfully informed us that we were ok.
The other quirky issue was that all of the main courses were delivered while we we still eating our starters...annoying!!!!!
Would we go back? Yeah, but there are much better places.

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

There is a REASoN why you don't have to wait to be seated in this place while all the restaurants near by are packed. I think that says it all. Trust me. Unless you are beyond the point of starvation don't go.