“Quiet location at end of island. Great beach access. Love the grills outside.”
Review of Sea Spray Motel

Sea Spray Motel
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Beach Haven
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed here for the second year in a row this past August.
Great amenities. Pool is clean.
Beach access is directly across the street. It's away from all the hustle and is very quiet. A great spot for people who just want to relax and don't need all the excitement of being mid-island.
We will be back next year.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We decided to go to Beach Haven for Labor Day weekend. Based on so many positive reviews about this place I decided to give it a try. I had gone there with 2 toddlers, my husband and my parents. As soon as we entered the room the horrible smell hit us like a truck. It smelled of dirt and mildew. The rooms look like they have not been updated since the early 80s. The staff is not friendly. The wifi did not work half the time even though I had paid for it. The best part? When I had gotten there I was told that they "don't allow" air beds. Why would they not allow air beds when every other hotel in the free world does? Not sure and I never bothered to find out. My guess is it's because they want you to use their smelly cots so they can charge you for them daily. I really don't understand how anybody could give this place a good review. They really need to renovate, or at the very least, get rid of that smell. Needless to say, we will not come back here and would not recommend to anyone.

6  Thank tanyag_10
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We took a chance booking our summer vacation here, without benefit of a personal reference and it really paid off. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. The facilities are very well kept and clean. We constantly saw housekeeping staff mopping the floors outside room doors and the grounds being maintained. Keep in mind, this is not a 5 star luxury hotel, but the facilities make for a fun and convenient beach vacation. The ping pong table, foosball table and bean bag toss made for hours of family competition. The poolside picnic tables were a nice alternative to eating out or in our room. We did not make use of the gas grills, but those would have been great, had we planned to cook meals.

The beach is just across the street and the motel provided us with beach passes. Stores, restaurants and the Fantasy Island arcade are a short 1.5 mile drive away. The motel does not provide pool towels, which would have been convenient. Instead, we used beach chairs and a large beach blanket to keep our beach towels free from sand, so they could be used at the pool. Plenty of lounge chairs and several tables with umbrellas are poolside. The pool was heated and large, with 3-4 foot and 6-8 foot depths.

During our stay, most guests were families with young children. The environment, staff and guest were family friendly.

2  Thank PaulTravel25
Reviewed 19 August 2013

The best place to stay on Long Beach Island. Everyone there is really nice and the location is great, right across the street from the beach. I've stayed here three time before and we will definitely be staying there again next summer!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I've been going to LBI for years and always rented a house, but recently found myself sneaking in an extra few days here and there...therefore the hotel. I must say, I really love this place! My room was clean and quiet, the parking was free, the property was super-clean and new-looking (I can only assume they did some renovating after Sandy), and the pool was sparkly and large enough to not feel crowded. Their clientele, mostly families, were respectful of others (no unattended kids, no hogging the picnic tables or barbecues, no littering or foul language), and it's a quick walk across a quiet street to the beautiful, ample beach (the sand must have been replenished after Sandy). The biggest draw for me was that the hotel is on the uncrowded south end of the island and you can actually BREATHE. Very little congestion, no huge crowds, just very peaceful (kind of a throwback to what the rest of the island was like in the 70s). The hotel charges for internet service (I think it was $6.95 a day) so that was a bummer, but the price of the room in general was very affordable, even for August. Will definitely go back to the Sea Spray.

Room Tip: Even the rooms facing the street (as opposed to the pool) are quiet because it's generally a qui...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband decided to go for a quick two day adventure wirh the kids to LBI, I had never been... Gotta tell you it was a great decision! I called five places on our way down and all booked... I knew it was going to be tough because it's August and those places get booked up fast. Sea Spray happened to have a motel room vacancy for the night, i was a little apprehensive but I'm happy we ended up there. Room was ready early, nice size and clean, fridge and microwave nice too. Heated pool was great, they had pool toys for kids too! We got beach passes and walked across the street, very quiet, friendly guests and very chil atmosphere! Too bad we couldn't stay longer but when we return we will go back to this place! It's also close to Fantasy Island where we had a great time!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We were couple plus 6-year old son. Super friendly on-site owners who keep the place squeaky clean. I watched their employee take apart the BBQs to clean them which he said he does every morning (can he do that at our house?!). Don't expect the Ritz-Carlton but but we had a clean room with kitchenette. Across the street from the beach and lifeguard station. No problem using well maintained swimming pool and getting beach badges until our room was ready and even after we checked out until we left. Lots or fun games for the kids - in addition to the pool, they had ping pong and corn hole/beanbag toss (addictive). Very nice people staying there, many repeat guests, which is indicative of the kind of place it is. Over one mile from Fantasy Island and Showplace but we liked that - out of site, out of mind - we didn't have to her the incessant whining, "Can we go to the amusement park, please?" Quiet part of island. Bike and other rentals one block away. Three night minimum is a bit hard for busy families but it is what it is. We lucked out to get a last minute one night rental albeit at a higher daily rate. Highly recommend and plan to go back.

1  Thank 111sg111
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 49 in Atlantic City
Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island

Been to Sea Spray Motel? Share your experiences!