“Home away from home! ”
Review of Sea Spray Motel

Sea Spray Motel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Beach Haven
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

My family and I have stayed at the sea spray motel 2 years in a row, and have booked this year already! We love this place! Hospitality is excellent, rooms are very clean and well maintained. The staff is dedicated to making our stay the best it can be, and are always on hand and willing to go the extra mile for us! There is a beautiful pool, the beach is right across the street, it's close to the attractions, but far enough away so it is quiet and peaceful. They have an excellent tradition of holding your room for the next year, if you want it, this has really been a great thing for us as we travel to LBI every August with a large group, so nice to know we will be taken care of when we get there.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank kimcoe
There are newer reviews for Sea Spray Motel

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We stayed at the Sea Spray for the second year in a row in September. It was one of thee most relaxing vacations that my wife and I have taken in years. The heated pool was great and the off season rates really help. We are planning to go back for a third year in a row. The fall is a great time to visit LBI. Our two major decisions of each day - where to have breakfast and where to have dinner. Most restaurants have early bird specials in the fall! Give the Sea Spray a try and I think you will like it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

What a great little motel. It's nice and quiet and across the street from the beach. Nice families staying there. The pool is large and heated. There is ping pong, foosball table, basketball court, large plastic bowling set, etc to keep the kids busy. Parking lot is large and easy to access. Staff is friendly and helpful. The room was large and clean with cable TV, small fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer in the bathroom. The outdoor grills looked new and clean. I have stayed other places but this was the best of all the motels and I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor. There are chairs outside the rooms to sit and relax. Sort of a balcon...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The Sea Spray Motel is located between the Beach Haven business district and Holgate, a quieter place than the middle of town. I spent two nights off season in a basic queen bed room @ about $85 per night (decent price, booked when I arrived on LBI). In-season rates are considerably higher . . . check the website. The room included private bath, tiny microwave, decent dorm refrigerator, desk, cable TV, tiny table and a reasonably comfortable bed. Flooring was a Pergo-like laminate, and the room was immaculate.

The Sea Spray offers your basic, thin-towels lodging. The best feature is the handicapped access path to the beach immediately across the boulevard. It's incredibly easy to pop over with a beach chair, sit by the surf, and pop back. Free, onsite parking is easy. The motel also offers larger rooms with full kitchens, up to a 3BR unit. I didn't see any of those myself, but it seems like the kind of place that would cater to family groups in season. There is a decent pool, and games like beanbag toss and lawn bowling are available for guest use. The staff members were nice. The ice machine that serves the whole motel was broken for several days when I was there, with only a mini cooler of ice available until repairs could be made. Check out is 11:00 a.m., with no flexibility.

One suggestion: Be sure to ask for an updated room, just in case there are some that haven't been spruced up lately. I had an upstairs room, and there was little sound transmission.

Bonus: Coupons were available in the office for discounts at local breakfast places and RonJon Surf Shop.

I will return for more off season visits. Have to see the rates before considering summertime.

Room Tip: I like the higher floor (2 floors in building).
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank NooYawkMama
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed here for the second year in a row this past August.
Great amenities. Pool is clean.
Beach access is directly across the street. It's away from all the hustle and is very quiet. A great spot for people who just want to relax and don't need all the excitement of being mid-island.
We will be back next year.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We decided to go to Beach Haven for Labor Day weekend. Based on so many positive reviews about this place I decided to give it a try. I had gone there with 2 toddlers, my husband and my parents. As soon as we entered the room the horrible smell hit us like a truck. It smelled of dirt and mildew. The rooms look like they have not been updated since the early 80s. The staff is not friendly. The wifi did not work half the time even though I had paid for it. The best part? When I had gotten there I was told that they "don't allow" air beds. Why would they not allow air beds when every other hotel in the free world does? Not sure and I never bothered to find out. My guess is it's because they want you to use their smelly cots so they can charge you for them daily. I really don't understand how anybody could give this place a good review. They really need to renovate, or at the very least, get rid of that smell. Needless to say, we will not come back here and would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank tanyag_10
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We took a chance booking our summer vacation here, without benefit of a personal reference and it really paid off. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. The facilities are very well kept and clean. We constantly saw housekeeping staff mopping the floors outside room doors and the grounds being maintained. Keep in mind, this is not a 5 star luxury hotel, but the facilities make for a fun and convenient beach vacation. The ping pong table, foosball table and bean bag toss made for hours of family competition. The poolside picnic tables were a nice alternative to eating out or in our room. We did not make use of the gas grills, but those would have been great, had we planned to cook meals.

The beach is just across the street and the motel provided us with beach passes. Stores, restaurants and the Fantasy Island arcade are a short 1.5 mile drive away. The motel does not provide pool towels, which would have been convenient. Instead, we used beach chairs and a large beach blanket to keep our beach towels free from sand, so they could be used at the pool. Plenty of lounge chairs and several tables with umbrellas are poolside. The pool was heated and large, with 3-4 foot and 6-8 foot depths.

During our stay, most guests were families with young children. The environment, staff and guest were family friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island
Sea Horse Motel
Sea Horse Motel
#1 of 1 in Long Beach Township

Been to Sea Spray Motel? Share your experiences!