All reviews sunflower room beach chairs baked treats ice packs brilliant cook lovely smell invigorating shower gift bag feel instantly at home trip home lovely garden area fresh fruits juices well thought out abundant flowers cozy atmosphere delectable breakfast the location is perfect
Reviewed 26 July 2011

It was our first Bed and breakfast, and we woulcn't have asked for anything more! Joanne and Mark were incredibly friendly and hospitable. The location was perfect. Walking distance from anything you could need on the island. The food and service were amazing, as well! Definately a place I recommend for anyone looking for a quiet weekend away, especially with a loved one!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eclipish
Reviewed 24 July 2011

well
they lied about being the only BnB to take kids
were very aggressive about payment and paying for 'special day after' allowing us to leave bags and use outdoor shower for $10 each...every other BnB I have been to there just does that out of courtesy
joanne was very nice
mark made us all uncomfortable
breakfast not good, went out on day 2 instead of eating there again
rooms clean

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank evaaltobelli
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I haven't stayed at a nicer place, and Mark and Joanne went out of their way to accommodate our large crowd, (and my son and his girlfriend when they came to spend the day..by giving them a room for the night, "on the house".) The Breakfasts were unbelievable. It's hard to see how it could get any better. We highly recommend the Island Guest house and hope to return one day!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank bethanne68
Reviewed 18 July 2011

While not usual Bed and Breakfast fans, after reading such great reviews of the Island Guest House, my husband and I decided to give it a go and so glad that we did! The Inn was comfortable and inviting but without all the frills and potpourri that I usually associate with B and B's. Mark and Joanne were the perfect hosts and attended to our every need. Five minutes after we arrived, we were sitting around her kitchen island drinking lemonade! Yet, quite intuitively, they knew when to chat and when to let us go off on our own.
Each morning a homemade breakfast is served which can be enjoyed in their dining room, on the porch or in their lovely side yard. The homemade waffles and strawberries were divine! Joanne also serves some sort of afternoon "snack" -one day it was watermelon and cupcakes and the next day it was hot dogs and chips and watermelon.

In an attempt to be a bit frugal, we opted for a room with a shared hall bath. the room itself was comfortable with a window ac unit and flat screen TV-although we never turned it on. Their is a sink in the room and with a fabulous outside shower we really only used the hall bath for the toilet. Seemed the we were the only ones using it, as I never saw another person go in or out. The room was comfortable but anything more then 2 or 3 nights would start feeling too snug.

Perhaps one of the best things was the option to "extend " the day. By paying $10 per person, after the 11AM check out you could continue to use all parts of the Inn other then your room of course. So after we checked out, we still had the beach tags for our use, came back to use the bathroom and outdoor shower -for which Joanne provided towels- and enjoyed the afternoon hot dogs and fruit. This was a fantastic arrangement-and one, I believe, you can take advantage of if you arrive early in the day before check in.

So, thank you Mark and Joanne for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NewJerseyFirefly
Reviewed 17 July 2011

This Bed and Breakfast was perfect for our family reunion. Cozy quarters, great room service, delicious complementary breakfast, and wonderfully spacious patio for everyone to hang out. The service was outstanding - Joanne and Mark welcomed us with open arms to their establishment and really made us feel like family. This place is also only a few blocks from the beach - very convenient for small store shopping as well. I would definitely go back if I visited LBI again - two thumbs up!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family