All reviews sunflower room beach chairs baked treats ice packs brilliant cook lovely smell invigorating shower gift bag feel instantly at home trip home lovely garden area fresh fruits juices well thought out abundant flowers cozy atmosphere delectable breakfast the location is perfect
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Loved our stay at the Island Guest House in Beach Haven NJ. Mark and Joanne are the nicest of hosts. Great breakfasts, calming environment, clean and well appointed rooms. The patio is just beautiful and the house is very interesting. Joanne will entertain you in the lovely tiled and "modern" Victorian kitchen. After all, as the old poem says, "No matter where I greet a guest, they always like my kirchen best!" It's like being home and when you are at Island Guest House you ARE family. The beach is easily acessible and there are many restaurants and attractions nearby. After the beach there are always goodies served with tea. Have your tea in the garden where there always seems to be a cool breeze blowing. On some evenings there is a wine tasting and fun conversation abounds. A wonderful place to get away from it all.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Earthshadow
Reviewed 29 July 2011

After reading all the great reviews I was really expecting somthing spectacular...but can't say I was that impressed. Our room was very small and really prices. I know it is summertime and you have to exoect to pay a higher price but liek I said the room is SMALL. Breakfast was fine but nothing to rave about, there is one main dish and then muffins or something if you don't like the main dish being served (which I didn't) so I would think you would have more than one choice for the price you have to pay to stay. I has a hard boiled egg and a muffin one day--not exactly spectacular. As for as the afternoon snacks that are supposedly served , I never saw them--unless they were gone by the time I looked for them in the afternoon--no cake, cookies, lemonade...maybe they were devoured by the other guests befroe we got back from the beach. The owners were very nice and helpful. Location was great and we had great weather I just don't think it was really worth all the money and next time may look for somewhere more affordable.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SunnyNJ
Reviewed 26 July 2011

It was our first Bed and breakfast, and we woulcn't have asked for anything more! Joanne and Mark were incredibly friendly and hospitable. The location was perfect. Walking distance from anything you could need on the island. The food and service were amazing, as well! Definately a place I recommend for anyone looking for a quiet weekend away, especially with a loved one!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eclipish
Reviewed 24 July 2011

well
they lied about being the only BnB to take kids
were very aggressive about payment and paying for 'special day after' allowing us to leave bags and use outdoor shower for $10 each...every other BnB I have been to there just does that out of courtesy
joanne was very nice
mark made us all uncomfortable
breakfast not good, went out on day 2 instead of eating there again
rooms clean

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank evaaltobelli
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I haven't stayed at a nicer place, and Mark and Joanne went out of their way to accommodate our large crowd, (and my son and his girlfriend when they came to spend the day..by giving them a room for the night, "on the house".) The Breakfasts were unbelievable. It's hard to see how it could get any better. We highly recommend the Island Guest house and hope to return one day!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family