“found this place disgusting”
Review of Jolly Roger Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Jolly Roger Motel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Beach Haven
Reviewed 23 June 2010

I was shocked to read the great reviews of this place. When we checked in, I wanted to cry. It was dank, dark and worn. I would never stay there again.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
9  Thank gemrocker

Reviewed 29 April 2009

After staying at several other motels in LBI I certainly feel that this place deserves to be mentioned. I enyojed a few days of relaxing and surfing in LBI in the summer of 2008 and came across this nice motel.

The rooms are clean and cheap and the place is quiet and located with a great ocean view (at least from the patio). The rooms are clean and some of them come with large terraces. There is a roof deck which is perfect for enjoying the sunsets. The place has a great location at the quiet southern tip of the island.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank X_Travel_NY
Reviewed 27 September 2008

I had the most relaxing time at the Jolly Roger. I remember when i was younger and it was not such an appealing place. Now, it is amazing, I went down alone to just escape for a bit and had a private balcony and a very nice room. Sure the room was small, however, I just needed somewhere to sleep at night. The place is very nicely decorated and that end of the island is peaceful. I was able to walk across the street at any time to enjoy the ocean or just sit on my balcony to have a beer and read my book. Michelle is possibly the nicest person ever. She is full of island information and any information in general. I have stayed at quite a few places in Long Beach Island and this is by far my favorite. My favorite thing about the Jolly Roger has got to be the rooftop deck .................simply amazing.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank JustMe907
Reviewed 9 September 2008

We sorted through all the dive motels in LBI and took a chance with The Jolly Roger. It was a wonderful stay. It is located away from the chaos which may not be what some prefer. I loved that we could drive a few minutes to the restaurants and attractions and then go back to our quiet little room. People with negative comments on here simply didn't want what it is advertised to be. It is a cute, quiet, quaint stay where you are treated like family. A rarity on the Jersey shore!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trot19
Reviewed 20 July 2008

I have stayed at the Jolly Roger every year for a short vacation and absolutely love the place. Management goes out of its way to make sure your stay is comfortable, affordable and convenient. The continental breakfast is perfect and you can enjoy your morning coffee on the lovely balcony overlooking the ocean. The views are gorgeous. The beach is conviently located right across the street and is clean and less crowded than the town beaches. The rooms are small but clean. Since we don't spend much time in the room anyway it really doesn't matter how big they are. They are perfect for 2. The area is quiet and residential. I will continue to go back for as long as they are there.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OceanPerson54
Reviewed 8 August 2006

Jolly Rger is a very basic motel with an excellent location just steps from a nice LBI beach. The rooms are very small, have very basic furniture, but are clean. We could not use the beach though because the recent heat wave had made the flies go berserk adn they kept attaching us despite the bug spray. But we took the kids to Fantasy Island and the waterpark nearby - which was a lot of fun. The bayside beach near Fantasy Island is very good. Also, good places to eat are Do Me a Flavor on Center Street (1st Street) and OT's family restaurant. One thing about LBI though, its not very diverse....we are Indian and we got quite a few stares. Everyone else was caucasian.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
2  Thank vidhu
Reviewed 17 July 2006

We spent two nights at the Jolly Roger from July 14-16. Its a great little place to stay for a short vacation to the shore. Since you are on the end of the island, the beach is much less crowded. All you need to do to get to the beach is to walk out outside and cross the street. The rooms were just right -- nothing fancy, but most people don't come to LBI to stay in their rooms. The room was clean and nicely equipped with a fridge, micro, ceiling fan, A/C and cable tv. The staff and owners are always present and extremely friendly and helpful. They even allowed us to keep our beach badges after we checked out on Sunday so that we could spend a few extra hours at the beach, and, when we got off the beach, they told us to come back and they would give us towels so we could use the outdoor shower before we headed out. Next door there is a deli/convenience store that has all you need as far as supplies and sandwiches to get you through breakfast and lunch. Its great to just be able to go across the street and grab a fresh sandwich to enjoy on the beach. Don't miss the Engleside Inn for a great dinner -- great seafood, fair prices. Also, try Daddy O's, a new swaky restaurant and soon to be hotel on the island -- their lobster bisque is to die for! We plan on coming back next year and making the Jolly Roger a tradition.

• Stayed: July 2006
Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island
Sea Spray Motel
Sea Spray Motel
#8 of 12 in Beach Haven

Been to Jolly Roger Motel? Share your experiences!