“Clean but ugly”
Review of Haven Beach Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Haven Beach Motel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Beach Haven
New york
“Clean but ugly”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This is a motel folks. Dated and down-trodden. It is clean, yes, but smells a bit funky. Things are just plain old here. The owners are friendly enough. The pool is overlooking the bay, which is nice. The other travelers were all low-key and friendly.

And we visited the pool side cafe of another busy motel (Sea Shell) and their pool was noisy, very crowded and a very different sort of clientele. The people at Haven Beach were more "normal", whereas the other motel was filled with lots of fake boob types with over-the-hill muscled, gold chain-types on their arms. Returning to the quiet and plastic chairs and cold pool at Haven Beach was actually a pleasure.

Overall, if you have absolutely zero expectations of any sort of luxury this place may be for you. But if you think the Hampton Inn is roughing it, don't even think of going to Haven Beach Motel.

My 10 year old says it was the worst place we have ever stayed and noted there wasn't even a phone in the room. I'm sorry to be so direct because the owners were nice and the place has a nice low-key, local kind of feel to it, but it was just kind of sorry.

Location is on the very, very busy main road in LBI and you have to cross that road to get to the beach. This can be quite unnerving with small children. The beach is absolutely lovely and very family oriented. The location is also very central to lots of restaurants and places to see. But if you are looking for any sort of quiet elegance go up north at LBI. This was my first trip there and we drove up north and realized we made a mistake being in such a busy area.

My advice to the owners is to spruce up the place a bit: add some potted flowers outside, put in better bedding (it was woefully cheap), new carpets, and update those darn bathrooms (for goodness sakes). Change the chain-link fence around the pool to something with a bit more romance. Replace the plastic chairs with something, anything. The place has potential!

I had to use my skills as a positive thinker and my vivid imagination to enjoy my stay at this motel. Something I would rather not have to do on vacation unless it involves staring off at the ocean.....

Room Tip: 2nd floor may be better...although 1st floor was very convenient....
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Jimibell

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Jersey Shore, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed this past week for 3 nights, it is an older hotel but the room was clean and the beds very comfortable. All of the staff were friendly and accommodating-you receive beach passes and the owners are ready with advice for local info on places to go, etc. My husband and I couldn't have been happier, nice pool overlooking the bay and the sunset was beautiful. Air conditioning was great but one small complaint-the shower went hot on us a couple of times but that would not stop us from returning. Definitely recommend-especially for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for upstairs, you have to exercise, but the view is really worth it.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank 4BigBlue
Port Washington, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stayed for 5 nights and had a great time. Sitting on the bay side you have great relaxation and sunsets. The ocean is two easy walking blocks and easily accessible.The hotel is older and dated like all of the hotels on the island. However It has been very well maintained by several generations of the same family and pride of ownership is evident. The location is excellent. Because it is several miles south of the bridge the traffic is busy but reduced. There is a grocery store and restaurants close by. The hotel has a gas grill for use by guests and picnic tables for the frugal minded. The pool was well maintained with a great view of the bay. Surf fishing was great off the closest ocean beach. If I were going to LBI again, this is where I would stay.

Room Tip: Second floor balcony has great view of the pool and bay and is a nice spot to sit and relax.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank SeacayII
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2012

This was our first time here and we got the second floor room over looking the bay , very nice room and the sheets and pillows on the bed were very comfy and clean, however the bathroom needs some updating ...the tv wasnt working right and the ac wasnt coming on very strong in the room at first when I asked the manager Bill about this , he was rude and told me do I want my money back !! If I had another place to stay I would of said yes, but I bite my tongue and said to myself I just wont be coming back here !! They also said the pool was heated but it was not heated and the water was very cold maybe kids do not mind. Next stay will be somewhere else .

Room Tip: stay on the ground floor their is no elevator and if you need to make more than one trip it's a...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chica g
Reviewed 9 July 2012

So affordable LBI! So
Clean, pool overlooking bay! Great rates off season for the anglers out there! Overall AWESOME! Never
Would I go anywhere else. Five stars!
Very nice staff and fantastic cleaning
Crew... Open ur room door to a fresh clean smell!!!

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank jnc2010
Omagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Good frienldy motel. Stayed here for 2 nights midweek as was going on a fishing trip. Rooms were big, and clean. Pool area was nice and relaxing too. Would definitly go back. Price was reasonable as well

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Donna M
Havertown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This was my first time on LBI. I brought my 16 year old daughter down as her boyfirend stays at his grandmother's and works during the summer. The room was perfect. The location even better. As one would assume, I was on my own a lot. I didn't mind. The owners and staff were friendly and I met a lot of nice people sitting by the pool when I returned from the beach each day. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Sea Horse Motel
Sea Horse Motel
#1 of 1 in Long Beach Township
Island Guest House Bed and Breakfast Inn

Been to Haven Beach Motel? Share your experiences!