“Cute little ice cream shop”

Lainie's Ice Cream Porch
Ranked #10 of 10 Dessert in Beach Haven
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is a great spot for a sweet treat anytime! We like to go here before heading over to Fantasy Island. There is a nice seating area outside too. Prices are as expected. They have a great variety of flavors. Blueberry was a favorite last summer!

Reviewed 10 August 2012

I've been a longtime customer of Lainie's, but after today I'm never going back. I walked in to buy a soda and realized as I got to the register that I didn't have cash. I asked the man (who since identified himself as the owner) if they had a minimum for credit charges.

If he would've said yes, I would have simply walked outside to my wife, grabbed a couple dollars and that would be the end of the story. Instead, he grabbed my card and muttered to himself that it's only $1.87 charge, continued to shake his head and mutter to himself while running the charge in full view of myself. Shocked at his unprofessional behavior, I signed the receipt and told him not to worry, next time I won't come back. He gruffly told me not to come back.

Again, were this the end of the story, I wouldn't be writing this review. Instead, he waited until I left, came out seconds after and shouted "[--]!" In full earshot of myself, my wife, and my young daughter.

LBI is a family atmosphere. This kind of behavior is not only wholly unprofessional, but completely uncalled for in a place where a great number of families visit throughout the summer.

2  Thank mattkirschner
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Very expensive ice cream parlor, very tight spot so it does get crowded the kids that work there are great the older gentleman was nasty trying to organize the line. The ice cream is decent but not worth it, i am sure there are other ice cream spots we will be visiting.

2  Thank Fdittie
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Went there twice. Ice cream is made in Maine and served there. We tried many flavors. Some of the group did not like them but called it their own fault. Actually, this place is a good value shop. The smartest move is to ask for a sample before ordering a full dish. The inside part of the store is hot which is a surprise considering what is being sold. Eat on the porch. I would keep gong back but I don't need the calories. Remember - you are there for cones and dishes of ice cream; don't expect food.

Reviewed 5 November 2011

Lainies is basically an ice cream shop. Sells a few other items such as kosher hot dogs. Not sure why it's listed as a restaurant. Their ice cream is very good.