“Pricey, but worth a visit”

Stefano's Seafood & Pasta
Ranked #6 of 93 Restaurants in Beach Haven
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Tonight was my first visit to Stefano's. I was seated promptly, served expeditiously without being rushed, and generally welcomed warmly. The chowder sampler was outstanding, followed by a fresh, crisp house salad. My entree was al dente pasta with a respectable white clam sauce. (I would have liked more fresh garlic in the dish, but that's my own quirk.). Dessert selection was interesting, but no lighter fresh fruit alternative was available. Delicious cappuccino. Decor is light and shore-elegant without being stuffy. My server, Maria, was top notch. Lots of upscale local property owners seem to be regulars. Recommended, assuming your budget can handle it and/or you want a special evening out.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Very good service, small, nice menu with plenty of choices, BYOB. The food was excellent, my wife had veal chops and I had crab cakes. Typical LBI prices.... We will go back again.

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Going to Stefano's has been one of our vacation favorites in LBI for several years. The food remains consistently excellent, with a great selection and ample portions. It's a BYOB which keeps the cost down. We started with appetizers and my daughter said the Manhattan Clam Chowder was the best she's ever had. (She had Chowder again while we were in LBI from another restaurant and it couldn't compare to Stefano's.). My son and I enjoyed our Caesar's salads. Our main courses were delicious, with my daughter ordering a chicken dish, my son having garlic steak, and I had a shrimp dish -- all were wonderful. My son had a huge, wonderfully decadent peanut butter cake that was big enough for us all to taste. Service was attentive without being creepy. I thimk the pricing was appropriate to the value. The restaurant was packed and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. We'll definitely go back during our next vacation.

2  Thank CyprusMama
Reviewed 9 September 2013

stefanos, dockside, cali grill and blue water.... the best restaurants on LBI
Steve D. and crew never disappoint . we have NEVER had a bad meal or bad service at any of his restaurants. every visit has been exceptional . Cali for burger joint type food but even tastier,. dockside for casual dining with (average pricing, but expensive tasting !! ) specials , try Blue for intimate boutique style and stefanos when you have a little extra cash to splurge on the best. you can absolutely not go wrong wth any of these. I dont know how he does it, handling 4 places , all equally delicious and consistent. he must have the best, most trustworthy staff in the world.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was my second visit to Stefano's and it remains one of (if not) my favorite restaurant on LBI. Both times that I have been there my experience has been excellent. The seafood is fresh and always tastes amazing. The menu has plenty of different dishes to pick from that includes something for everyone (pasta, seafood, meats, etc.) They have award winning clam chowder (Manhattan and New England) which I strongly suggest. I ordered the New England clam chowder, fried calamari and the broiled seafood platter. I loved it all. The portion sizes are also very large, I had plenty of leftovers to take home with me. Everyone else at the table enjoyed their meals as well.

The service has always been great as well. Our servers have always been extremely polite, professional and attentive without being pesky or overbearing. Serving alcohol rather than having the restaurant by BYOB would be the only change I would make. Myself and the group that I was with would have preferred to not worry about having to carry along wine with us but this certainly didn't put a damper on the experience we had there.

We will definitely be going back again and I would suggest going there if you are visiting LBI.