“Summing up 20-some years! Yikes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Engleside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Engleside Inn
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Beach Haven
USA
“Summing up 20-some years! Yikes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

I've stayed here for over 20 years, and have avoided reviewing the hotel (previous review was really for the restaurant) because I've questioned my objectivity. I do not own the Engleside, or any property on the island, but after a lifetime of vacationing on the island, 20-some years of it at the Engleside, I feel that maybe I know it better.
The island is rebuilding after amazing damage, but I just spent several days and have to say that the hotel is just as it has been during my earlier visits. The staff are helpful, the rooms are super clean, and the oceanfront room view is still wonderful! Bed is comfy with big fluffy duvet, and the big chair is a great place to watch the beach while the wind whips around outside! (rooms vary-your room and view may be differernt!)
LBI is rebuilding, but the spirit of the people there is strong and I would not hesitate to return. The beach is still beautiful, the ocean is still facinating, and the Engleside is still comfortable and friendly.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank goinmobile68

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

Right on the beach, very nice restaurant with sushi bar, pool area with a bar and of course the beach!~ We like coming here in the off season, however summer is a great time too. I think you get more peace in the spring or fall! We always return to LBI hurricane or not!

Room Tip: second floor
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank esanford01
Northwest, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

We have been having a girlfriend weekend for 4 years at the Engleside Inn. It has become a cherished annual event....no kids, no hubbies, just girl talk and fun. This year we were faced with the decision of going elsewhere because of the damage from Hurricane Sandy. We were assured the hotel is fully operational and many of the area eateries and bars would be open by our June trip. We have faith and are returning to support LBI this year and staying at the Inn.

Stayed June 2012
6 Thank Happy_Trails96
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

The Engleside Inn has been in my family for a very long time - dating back to when my adult children were growing up!! It has been the root of very many fun summers on LBI - and now - finding myself in a situation where my trailer in Holgate has been damaged with flood water - I needed a place to go for a hot shower, meal, and a comfortable place to sleep. Holgate has no power, electric, or running water at this time. The Engleside Inn provided us with all of this and even let us check into the room early - go to the trailer - and come back to spend the night!! I cannot say enough about the accomodating management here - I have said it before and I will say it again - this place rocks!! Thank you Engleside!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Uptownie44
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012 via mobile

November 17 & 18, 2012, residents of decimated Holgate on LBI, were given the opportunity to return to their homes for a grab-n-go. Because the damage to my home was so extensive, I opted to reserve a room @ The Engleside Inn for a hot shower and a soft place to lay my weary head. Mike, offered me the option to check in upon arrival to the island, 9 am, and check out @ 5 pm, the following day, in order to grab a shower after sifting through contaminated belongings. On top of his kindness, I had an oceanfront room. It had two glorious queen beds covered with crisp, white linens. I recently stayed at the Boca Raton Yacht Club for 2 1/2 times the amount of money, and hands down, The Engleside Inn was my favorite place. Again, thank you for your support and compassion through such a difficult time.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank sheena42
Easton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

Another wonderful vacation at the Engleside Inn. Always clean, friendly and the weather was perfect. Our dogs love the efficiency suite - they think its home away from home. I recommend anyone staying for more than a few days, to book the efficiency suite. Full kitchen, living room and separate bedroom. Lots of room for the dogs to run and play. See you in the Spring.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank karlielover
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

We spent 4 lovely nights/5 days at The Engleside Inn in Beach Haven, NJ and would have to say, we'd always return! From our check in at 8pm, there was someone there to take our luggage up to the 2nd floor (no elevators) to the checkout Friday, the staff was terrific. The Inn is very spacious and we stayed in one of the "motel rooms" which had a fairly large frige and a coffee maker. They also have suites as well as kitchenettes, but the Inn is walkable to wonderfully fun restaurants and we chose to do that. We could sit on the balcony and watch the ocean easily. The restaurant both the sushi bar - better than any I've ever eaten in- as well as the restaurant there were excellent. Best on the island definitely. The bar is friendly and full. The Sand Bar, the bar/cafe by the pool and yet again on the ocean was full of good drinks and good food. The entire place is directly on the beach, so if it too rough for you in the ocean, go to the pool. The price was good and the rooms, as well as the entire place was clean. Lovely place. Will return.

Room Tip: We liked the rooms on the 2nd floor that were near the corner by the beach so that we could sit outs...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
#4 of 8 in Beach Haven
Sea Horse Motel
Sea Horse Motel
#1 of 1 in Long Beach Township

Been to Engleside Inn? Share your experiences!