“Loved Engleside!!!!!!”
Review of Engleside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Engleside Inn
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Beach Haven
Collingswood, NJ
“Loved Engleside!!!!!!”
Reviewed 22 August 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Engleside Inn during this past Feb. (2006). The place was a clean, large room and the bathroom was great as well. The desk person was very friendly and accomodating as well as the housekeeper.
I am very familiar with LBI as I've been going there for over 30 years. But this stay in particular was wonderful. The Inn is great and the restaurant was wonderful.
A nor'eastern came through, the power went out yet Engleside had their generators kick right on in a heartbeat. Even the walkways as well as driveways and parking were all shoveled promptly. It was a perfect long week-end, even during the storm and Engleside made you feel safe and comfortable.
I highly recommend staying here! A+++++

• Liked — The cleanliness, space, location, and friendly service.
  • Disliked — We couldn't stay longer!
  • Tips/Secrets — Give Engleside a try and you won't be disappointed. Lots of places to eat and shop remain open even during a storm
  • Stayed February 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank eireceltic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
NYNY
Reviewed 20 June 2006

Rooms:
Our room, an “Oceanfront Efficiency” was clean and smelled nice. The 2 queen beds were comfortable. The balcony had a beautiful view of the ocean. It was basically a clean hotel room you might expect anywhere with a wet bar, mini fridge and a killer view. Water pressure in the shower was great!

Pool:
The pool area was nice they had lots of lounge chairs and easy access to the beach. My daughter went to the pool the beach the pool the beach and so on. The beach restaurant/bar was right there nice for a snack or a cocktail. My daughter knocked over my husband’s Rum Runner by accident. They replaced it for him for no charge. Thanks guys!

Restaurant:
We had a fabulous meal at the restaurant. They had steaks, sushi, and pasta at the same place! Now for my family this is great. Hubby had sushi which was beautifully prepared. I had filet mignon and my daughter had pasta. We were all happy. Service was a little slow but it was Father’s Day.

We were impressed. This was the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at the Jersey Shore. We had a great Father’s Day at the Engleside. We look forward to retuning again soon.

• Stayed June 2006
5 Thank Babymakes3
Reviewed 21 January 2006

My husband and I try to get away at least once a month and we have stay in various Inns from Point Pleasant to Cape May. Engleside Inn is THE BEST by far! The rooms are EXTREMELY clean and the employee's are very friendly! We loved it so much that our February getaway is already booked with them.

• Stayed January 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 September 2005

Went for a girls weekend. Loved the porch off the room. Found the room large and clean. Bathroom appeared new and was very clean. Housekeeping was great! Close to many attractions! Pool and bar very nice. Food at outside restraunt terrible.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 September 2005

We went here in January because my father had fond memories of past vacations spent there with my mother when she was alive. There was my 82 year old father, myself, my 30 year old daughter and my baby grandson.

They did not give us an oceanfront which we requested (even though oceanfront rooms were more expensive), but when we were there we saw many empty ones (darkened rooms with the window curtains opened even though it was midnight and past).

When my daughter called for the reservation, she emphasized we would be there with a little baby who would need some kind of a crib or pack 'n play.

We got there late and checked in. We were tired and the baby was tired. The room was modest, which we expected - a typical "down the shore" hotel room. The "kitchenette" was a microwave, sink, refrigerator (no ice in the fridge - none made). The bedroom was large with a jacuzzi and there was a pull-out couch which could accommodate two. No crib!

We called the front desk and asked if they had the crib. They said they "hoped so" and, not long after, ended up at our door to tell us there was none.

We spent the next hour or so trying to find another hotel in the area with no success and my daughter and I ended up sleeping in the bed with the baby between us.

Engleside made no attempt to accommodate us at all and when we complained about there being no crib, the manager simply shrugged and walked away.

We checked out the next day and ended up in the Tinton Falls Residence Inn which was a pleasure, like being at a five star hotel compared to Engleside. After this experience, I can honestly say that we will never patronize Engleside Inn again. What a bad experience!

• Stayed January 2005
23 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
emerson, nj
Reviewed 29 August 2005

stayed there in august,, absolutely had a wonderful awesome vacation,, the suite was really large,, i liked that because we have 5 people,, it was not a problem at all,, the deck was large enough for two lounge chairs and regular chairs,, the location was great, we could walk to so many places for the kids,, we only really got in our car once or twice,, my only thing is the parking isnt the best,, no elevators,,(not too big of a deal, only for packing and unpacking).. and believe it or not, our room had the smalles garbage cans,, we were laughing the whole vacation,, next time im bringing a bigger garbage can with me,, but overall,, awesome place will definitly be back again,,,

8 Thank lgarda
Reviewed 16 August 2005

We have stayed at the Engleside Inn many times, it is by far the best hotel on the Island. The rooms are clean and comfortable.
All the rooms have VCR's which help keep the kids entertained after a long day at the beach and pool.
The entertainment at the Sand Bar is wonderful.
The pool is clean and well maintained.
As far as the restaurant ,we have never had a bad meal, the food is always great. 5 Star in my book.
We plan on returning next year.

Highly recommend this hotel.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Island Guest House Bed and Breakfast Inn
Sea Horse Motel
Sea Horse Motel
#1 of 1 in Long Beach Township

Been to Engleside Inn? Share your experiences!