“Would not stay again”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bellmawr
Providence, Rhode Island
“Would not stay again”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The only good thing about the motel was that it was close to the turnpike. The first room thr clerk gave my family, the television didnt work. He was very apologetic and moved us to another room. The blankets were full of cigarette burns, the rugs were NOT clean. Around 12 30 am there was a man above our room beating a woman and throwing furniture! My husband tried calling the front desk only to find the phone in the room didnt work. The clerk was notified and was very ambivalent. I couldn't sleep the entire night and when i did, i had nightmares. Needless to say we left at 430 am. I would not recommended this motel.

• Stayed May 2014
paras p, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Philadelphia - Bellmawr, responded to this review, 26 May 2015
Dear JaneR202,
Thank you for staying with us.Breakfast is not mandetery with Red Roof Inns,But we provide it for quick "Go on the Run" breakfast
Paras

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Manchester, NH
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed for one night, arriving late, so I was treated to the lack of good customer service by the late night desk clerk. He barely greeted me, and then when I was registering, said, "give me you license and credit card." "Give me"? How about "please." If it wasn't so late, I would have left and went elsewhere. Parking was very inconvenient, in that it was a hike if the lot was full, which it almost was on this evening. You certainly get what you pay for, although I thought that at a chain you would at least get the bare minimums - there was no clock/radio/alarm and no tissues. Bed spread had several holes in it, the main light had no cover and was missing one of its' bulbs, the carpet was stained and not thoroughly cleaned (I found a small pink kids' toy horse under the bed, in an area that should have been hit with a vacuum), and there was an annoying sound coming from the bathroom vent. In addition, the bed was visibly sagging in the middle. The stainless steel covers for the bed lights looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a while. Overall a poor experience, so much so that I left early the next morning without showering, not wanting to be in the room any longer.

Only pros - convenient to the turnpike and inexpensive.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Albany, New York
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Was very large room, rate was high at the time. I should have went to a better chain but I was too tired. Bed was hard as a rock and I could feel the individual coils. The night staff was a bit cold but the lady in the morning was awesome.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Koldslaw
Shelton, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The room was large and spacious with very high ceilings. The separate work area was large enough to spread out and work conveniently. The beds and linens were comfortable. Fold out double bed in loveseat had a thinner mattress but not so thin that you felt a metal bar under your back all night and would probably be perfectly comfortable for children. Lobby, hallway and room were clean and smelled fresh. Air quality in the room was fresh, we did not smell any smoke or heavy deodorizers. Front desk staff was pleasant and responded quickly to request for extra towels and blanket. Bedspreads were clean but perhaps looking a little worse for wear; towels were on the thin side and a little scratchy. Hair dryer was provided, but no shampoo or other toiletries excepting soap. The motel might have provided these but we did not ask, as we had some with us. Good reception on flat screen TV and WiFi access. We did not try their continental breakfast as there was a Dunkin' Donuts right across the street and the front desk provided direction to an award winning diner right down the street. This motel was an excellent value for the money, and the location provided a very convenient stopping point after driving through Washington and Baltimore going north on 95.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Judith D
Hillsborough, New Hampshire
Reviewed 16 July 2013

It's a relatively small location & is very clean in a good location near the freeway. The staff is great! The first night I stayed, I couldn't get logged onto the WiFi & called the front desk & the young man came to my room within a few minutes & got me squared away (problem was my inexperience, not the service) & when I needed to ad an extra night last minute, there was no problem getting it taken care of. The only thing is is that this location has a NO PETS policy for some reason which is unusual for Motel 6.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Ed S
Cambridge, MA
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times over several years and while the hotel has had three names. It continues to be okay, reasonably clean, and pretty cheap. It started off with everything quite new, and things have been getting older and a little beat up as time passes. Burn holes in the bedspread, rip in the carpet, but nothing critically bad, and I'd still recommend it. The wifi and tv worked fine. The room had an iron and ironing board, and we ended up using them. The staff was fairly helpful. I suspect it's on par with other hotels in the immediate area, and if you go further away the hotels seem to get much worse or much more expensive.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank tzarac
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 14 September 2011

This is no longer a Best Value Inn, it is now a Motel 6, and is beside the Econo Lodge.

This was probably one of the nicest Motel 6's that I've stayed at. The room was large and spacious, with plenty of furniture and work areas. It was clean, with new amenities including a flat-screen TV. Wi-fi access was strong and very fast. It looks like it was recently renovated, with lots of nice touches like microwave, a 'night light' in the bathroom, and more. Everything was very clean, and we had no insect/pest problems.

The only downside was that the A/C in our unit was having some sort of mechanical problems- it took a while to cool down the room, but once it did, we didn't have any problems with it.

The price was very reasonable, and they were able to match/beat other motel prices in the area. It is convenient to the Philadelphia area ($5 bridge toll going back across to Philly), and there are several restaurants and gas stations nearby, with a Wendy's and 24-hour Dunkin' Donuts right across the street. The area was quiet and we got a good rest. I would definitely recommend this one as a good place to go.

Room Tip: Check the A/C unit in the room- they are older units but are now controlled by the wall thermostat c...