“Good value, fine hotel”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bellmawr
Cambridge, MA
“Good value, fine hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2008

This hotel was the cheapest we could find in the right area of NJ that had good reviews. As others have said, the whole chain have been recently renovated, and the room exceeded my expectations given the price. Everything was in good shape and clean. The location is very convenient -- the hotel is visible from the turnpike exit ramp. And when I called up to check that a middle of the night checkin was okay, no only were they fine with that but the price they quoted per night was cheaper than any I had seen listed online, and got cheaper still when I said I had AAA.

The walls are thin (as at many places), but we discovered that if you run the bathroom fan that drowns out any noise from other rooms and makes it easy to sleep.

• Liked — good value
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank tzarac

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Nashville, TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2008

This is a newer motel in a decent neighborhood. The room was clean and had a flat panel TV. The free breakfast was OK but the choices were limited. They did have a fancy coffeemaker that could make anything you could want. Overall a good experience but at $80 it seemed pricey except that you are on the east coast where they just don't have $50 motels.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank chipnut
KENNESAW, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2007

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn for 2 weeks on business. I wish before I came that I knew it did include suites. I stayed in business class and there was no microwave or fridge. Upseting due to the length of my stay but liveable. If you book online you can get a suite for just 5 dollars more so I would go for the suite next time for convience. Other than that it was a great, clean hotel. In GA , where I reside, I have only seen Red Roof Inn motels. It was nice to see that this was a newly renovated hotel with an awesome staff. The staff helped me when ever I asked and I even had some nice conversations with them in my spare time. I loved the flat screen HDTV. They also had their network tv channels in HD. I also found the audio and video input so I could hook up my playstation to play games and watch movies. (for the review at the top: it was in the back in the middle, ya just gotta feel around for it) The wireless internet was great and the hot water was hot! The tap got so hot I would consider it boiling water. Room was clean reguarly in the morning and if I said "Do not Disturb" they would leave fresh towels on the door. I felt safe here and none of my items ended up missing. The parking is free and there is a Walmart 2 miles down the road. There is a great Chinese and Mexican resturant in walking distance. It is also not to far from Philly if you have a car. A nice 25 min drive (i dont drive fast here).

Down side: You are very close to the turnpike (kinda a upside to) but that makes for leaving the hotel a long wait at times. No fridge and microwave but easily solved with upgrade. I felt like my room key stopped working constantly and I did not have it close to any electronics. But the staff would help me quickly. I reccommend it if ya dont wanna pay Philly rates.

• Liked — Flat screen HDTV
  • Disliked — No fridge or Microwave in business class
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
3 Thank BCCDIVA
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2007

The Red Roof Inn in Bellmawr is a great place to stay if you're looking to save some money and planning to drive into Philly. It's in a benign suburban-sprawl neighborhood, near some fast food joints (McDonald's, Burger King, Dunkin Donuts) and a few other discount hotels that didn't look as nice. It's a quick drive into Philadelphia for a $3 bridge toll, and it cost us about 1/3 of the price of anything that looked decent in Philly itself. One downside is that it would be pretty tough to figure out how to take public transportation into Philly; the train station is too far to walk to, and I didn't see any bus lines or taxis. The parking lot at the hotel is free and spacious, but parking in downtown Philadelphia is expensive!

The hotel is pretty new, and everything in our room was clean and in good repair. We had a flat screen TV (the hotel model with no input jacks for our DVD player) and a hair dryer, iron and ironing board. No fridge or microwave in the room, but an ice machine and a microwave are in the lobby. The high speed internet worked great. The shower head is high, which my tall husband appreciates, and the hot water was steady. We liked the computer desk with its own lamp.

There is no pool or playground nearby, so kids will be restricted to the hotel room until you drive them somewhere. The only other clientele I saw were construction workers and sports teams, and I felt safe at this hotel. It's nice that the building is pretty new; there was no used-to-be-a-smoking-room smell and my clothes didn't smell like a hotel when I got home either.

If you don't get out of your room by 11am every day, the maids will not clean it, but you can get extra towels. The day manager seemed grumpy about our comings and goings--we were on California time with a 2-year-old so we never got out of our room "on time:--but everyone else was pleasant. We left our laptop computer and DVD player in the room for 5 nights without incident.

Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone who is OK with a budget hotel environment and who doesn't want to spend big bucks to stay in Philadelphia.

• Liked — Clean, inexpensive, proximity to Philadelphia
  • Disliked — Grumpy morning manager
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank Twirlgrrl
Montreal, QC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2007

My friends and I just came back from the Red Roof Inn in Bellmawr,NJ. My buddy booked the Econolodge next door and decided to cancel after reading the review on TA and finding a better rate at the RRI. That was a very smart decision since all the other hotels in that neighborhood look damn right scary. Considering that this is an "economy" type hotel, we were very surprised by the size of our rooms, which were huge! Everything was clean and smelled good. There is a fridge and a microwave as well. Beds were very comfortable and the sheets were clean. The free continental breakfast was average. There were no bagels, only toasts, 2 kinds of cereals and mini-muffins. The coffee was not good at all and none of the juice tasted good aside from the OJ. The dude at the front desk didn't know much about the neighborhood but he was friendly and did his best to help.

Overall, this is really the best bang for your buck if you want to stay near Philadelphia and don't want to pay the crazy high rates for a room near Center City. It is one of their newly redesigned hotels and frankly, it looks brand new!

• Liked — Awesome rate, great room, clean Hotel
  • Disliked — Neighborhood
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends
3 Thank mtlatc
Lancashire, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2006

A new hotel that offers good value for money, large rooms especially if you get the business rooms the beds are massive.

The decor is modern and tasteful and the staff were always willing to help. The prorety s based in a town that offers many eating choices aswell as Dominic's the local bar that is a 10 min walk around the corner, there is also a dunking donuts and a fast ffod outles just across the road.

The only downside we found was the location, normally it would be ideal but we were under the impression that it was closer to Philadelphia than it was (Probably our error!!) There is a bus that stops outside the hotel No 400 however it's a 50min trip in a dirty smelly bus and goes through some very rough places, the other option is a taxi but that would set you back $35

All in all a great hotel that I would reccomend to close friends BUT not if they were going into Philadelphia to do the sightseeing stuff!

• Stayed March 2006
6 Thank dew_4wales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellmawr
Howard Johnson Express Inn Bellmawr/Philadelphia Area
Residence Inn Deptford
Residence Inn Deptford
#2 of 2 in Deptford
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Blackwood

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Philadelphia - Bellmawr? Share your experiences!