“Never ever stay in this hotel they do very unethical business practice, never trust their staff”

Econo Lodge Bellmawr
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bellmawr
Reviewed 10 May 2011

Never ever stay in this hotel they do very unethical business practice. Never trust their staff. I stayed here for two nights and extend my stay for another two nights with confirming my extension and rate with the guy on the front desk, but as they got probable more booking, while I came from outside during late afternoon( finishing my work) they disable the key of my room and ask for higher price. Not only that while I was on the phone with corporate office, they called the cop and force me get out…. Great humiliation…. Never ever stay in this crappy.. Unprofessional place….

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank amit_desai

Reviewed 15 November 2010

The manager gives me room card and tells me the room number out loud in front of other people that were in the lobby. I find the room, (outside corridor), insert card key and when I open the door, I find a man in his underwear, sitting at the desk. We all screamed and I apologized profusely. We went back to manager and asked for a cancellation, he didn't seem to understand why I would want one, kept saying _"It was a simple mistake." But I finally convinced him we were not staying and he issued me a refund.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank bringtowel
Reviewed 30 December 2009

Staff was very friendly, the location was convenient and the price was effective. The room was nice although it could have been cleaned better: ring around the tub, floor had not been vacuumed.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Deefromphilly
Reviewed 10 October 2009

We stayed here 2 nights while in town for a wedding. Convenient location to I 295 or NJ TPK. Clean room, Fast check in/out and nice people. Continental breakfast included.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2009

After reading the reviews posted in this column, I arrived at the hotel with my own sheets for the bed.
The employees at the front desk were very friendly. Before I took my family into the room, I checked the beds, bathroom and found everything to be in very good order. Bed sheets appeared to be new and very clean. Furniture looked very good and the bathroom had the necessary toiletry and worked flawlessly.

Though the room is a non-smoking room, it had a strong smell of cigarettes. This is certainly not the fault of the owners. I had to leave the door open to let fresh air in. The other minor issue I encountered was that the carpet was old.

Overall, I was very satisfied with the room and the service.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank davidkuts
Reviewed 5 June 2008

This is the worse hotel I have ever stayed in. The bed was the worse, when I set on the bed the back of it raise up and I could feel the springs in the mattress. I complain to the manager and he was not polite and didn't try to accomodate me at all.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank extracp
helpdesk1, Public relations manager at Econo Lodge Bellmawr, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2009

Hello

I am very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our rooms.
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that occurred while your stay.
Also would like to inform our guests that
we have recently renovated our property.

We appreciate your feedback .

Reviewed 14 September 2006

This Hotel was one of the worst hotels I have ever been in. The rooms are run down, the shower barely worked, and water stayed in the bathtub when you are taking a shower. The rooms had a damp musk smell in them, and the carpet was old and matted. After 15 minutes wrestling with a broken ironing board I realized there was no iron in the holder. This hotel reminds me of the ones that are rented by the hour.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Hunter0517
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellmawr
Howard Johnson Express Inn Bellmawr/Philadelphia Area
Days Inn Runnemede Philadelphia Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Runnemede - Philadelphia
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Blackwood
Fairfield Inn Deptford
Fairfield Inn Deptford
#1 of 3 in Deptford
Best Western Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn

Been to Econo Lodge Bellmawr? Share your experiences!