“Disappointed”

Econo Lodge Bellmawr
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bellmawr
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had really noisey neighbours.the language was awful we had to phone the reception 3 times to get them to stop shouting. the place was basic but clean. We paid CASH but now have been charged on our card. Not good paying twice for really basic room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Econo L, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Bellmawr, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

I would like to thank you for choosing the Econo Lodge in Bellmawr New Jersey for your recent stay. We appreciate your comments and I apologize for the level of service you received at the front desk. I will review your comments with our guest services team immediately to ensure nothing like this happens again. As for being charged twice, can you contact me directly so we can get this billing discrepancy resolved. Again we apologize for your inconvenience and can assure you that your experience is not indicative of our typical guests. If you are ever in the New Jersey area, please contact me directly to assist you with a room reservation and I will guarantee you will have a much better experience. With so many choices here in Bellmawr New Jersey, we greatly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back!

Front Office Manager
856.931.2800

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Was in Philadelphia for a convention last week, had to drive up to New Jersey to see some family while I was on the East Coast. Stayed at this Econo Lodge Hotel and was pleasantly surprised. Place was very clean, rooms nice and comfortable, staff was very nice and accommodating, very helpful. And that means ALOT to me. Would recommend this property at the drop of a dime if ever in the area.

J.W.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank James W
econolodge1, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Bellmawr, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you so much for such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Candice S
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Went up to Philly with a buddy of mine for a Pearl Jam concert, this hotel wasn't terrible far from the arena, the price wasn't bad at all, the room was clean, minus the shower curtain was a little torn, and the bedding had a few cigarette burns in it..the bathroom was small, and the sink was located outside the bathroom, the hotel is located right next to a busy road so be prepared for the road noise..but all in all you can't complain too much for the price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stan N
econolodge1, Manager at Econo Lodge Bellmawr, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear Stan N,
I would like to thank you for choosing the Econo Lodge in Bellmawr New Jersey as your hotel for the Pearl Jam concert. We appreciate your comments and I apologize for the appearance of your room. I will review your comments housekeeping team immediately to ensure nothing like this happens again. If you would have notified our front desk of the issues in your room, we would have addressed them and/or relocated you to a new room during your stay. Again I apologize for your inconvenience and can assure you that your experience has been addressed.

If you are ever in Bellmawr New Jersey area, please contact me directly to assist you with a room reservation and I will guarantee you will have a much better experience. With so many choices here at Bellmawr New Jersey, we greatly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

With Hospitality

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very conviently located off of the highways and that made it easy to get to Philadelphia quickly. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. The hotel isn't fancy, but that's to be expected. There was a fridge in our room, which was a nice addition. There are some good places to eat nearby.

• Stayed: August 2013
econolodge1, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Bellmawr, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

I want to thank you for choosing the Econo Lodge in Bellmawr New Jersey for your recent stay. We greatly appreciate all of your positive feedback about your stay. It is really nice to see that your experience was a positive one here at the hotel. I would also like to let you know that we are also adding microwaves to the rooms as well.

Also I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

With so many choices here at the Bellmawr New Jersey, we greatly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I booked online where I paid specifically for a room with two queen size beds on the ground floor because I have bad knees. When I arrived, I had a room on the second floor with two double beds. When I pointed out that I had reserved a first floor room, the desk clerk told me that I should have written it in the comments section - exactly the opposite of what the website told me to do. When I got to the room, it was in pretty shabby condition. The desk chair had nasty stains, the towel bar was broken, and the sink drain was rusty and stained. The furniture was pretty beaten up, too. In fairness, the bed I slept in was was clean and comfortable, but they won't get my business again. I'm willing to overlook a lot, but when I reserve a specific room, I want what I've paid for, and if you've made a mistake, at least man up, apologize for my inconvenience, and maybe offer to carry my bags upstairs for me. A little customer service goes a long way when your hotel is so dumpy.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda J
econolodge1, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Bellmawr, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Thank you for choosing the Econo Lodge in Bellmawr New Jersey for your recent stay. We greatly appreciate all of your feedback about your stay. We strive to ensure our guests experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short in providing it. I would like the opportunity to have you revisit our hotel and give us another try. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at econobellmawrnj@gmail.com

With Hospitality

Reviewed 16 July 2013

It looks good on the outside. Front desk staff is accomodating. The rooms show a bit of wear altho the bed was comfortable. They have Direct TV which seems to be impossible to use.
We've stayed here before and will do so again as it's not expensive and we're on a business trip selling our wares.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing the Econo Lodge in Bellmawr New Jersey for your recent stay. We greatly appreciate all of your feedback about your stay. It is really nice to hear that your experience was a positive one here at the hotel. I also want to apologize for the setup of the DirectTV. With so many choices here at Bellmawr New Jersey, we greatly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

We had our hotel room cancelled because we didn't call them back by 4pm the day of..even though we had our credit card holding it. The girl on the phone said, it wasn't her problem, and that we would have to pay a higher rate since we didn't call back before 4pm. When we finally arrived we got a dirty room, awful service, and were able to pay the original rate that was available online only (because we had an Iphone). I'd never stay in another econo lodge after this experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellmawr
Howard Johnson Express Inn Bellmawr/Philadelphia Area
#26 of 28 in Mount Laurel
Courtyard Deptford
Courtyard Deptford
#2 of 3 in Deptford

Been to Econo Lodge Bellmawr? Share your experiences!