“GREAT TIMES WITH THE GRANDCHILDREN”
Review of Sweet!

Sweet!
Ranked #7 of 20 things to do in Belmar
Reviewed 22 June 2012

It's a nice place to spend some of your summer days with your Grandchildren or just yourselfs.

1  Thank JohnGross

Reviewed 14 April 2012

I have only visited twice, but as a local Belmar resident - I WILL be going back again! I purchased their chocolate covered cherries for my Mom's 87th birthday as these have always been her favorite candy. She told me they were some of the best she has ever had. Since it was also close to Easter, I bought my husband (a diabetic) only one piece of chocolate and he was nice enough to share it with me. It was fabulous! On another visit, 3 of us stopped in after dinner at Vesuvio's (across the street) and bought cupcakes. We had two Cannoli cupcakes and one German Chocolate Cake. The Cannolis were fabulous and although I wasn't blown away with the German Chocolate one, the icing was a true German Chocolate icing; I think it should have had some of the icing filled inside of the cupcake. I will definitely be returning!!

2  Thank BelmarGirl
Reviewed 2 March 2012

After checking their website and seeing that their weekend hours are until 10pm, my boyfriend and I went there at 7:30 pm on a Friday night. When we arrived, we found that the door was open but the screen was locked, all of the lights on and the employees were inside. They called to us "we're closed." I reminded them that their website advertises hours until 10pm, and they simply said "sorry only in the summer." Even though they were there standing behind the counter, and the lights were on, they refused to open their doors for us, potential paying customers. It was so rude that even as a Belmar resident, I would certainly never go back and spend my money there. My advice is to take your money to a place that values customers!

Reviewed 17 August 2011

Someone told me about this little gem at the Jersey Shore so, I made sure to visit.
The location is great, only 6 blocks from the beach at 10th Avenue & Main Street in Belmar. The mother/daughter owners have taken their hobby to 'the next level' and opened their own business called 'Sweet!'. They make a number of sugary confections: chocolate-dipped strawberries, pretzels, Twinkies, Devil Dogs, apples, & more. They offer the traditional handmade chocolates and have some baked goods (cookies, brownies, cheesecakes, cupcakes, etc.) as well.

I went for the red velvet cupcakes with the cream cheese icing. Delicious! And their prices are very good too! ($6.00 for a six-pack). I also got 1/2 lb. of dark chocolate fudge with walnuts ($7.50) and a bag of white chocolate macadamia nut cookies ($5.00). I wish I had gotten more fudge to take home because everyone ate it before I could get any! Oh well, I'll get more on another visit!
The ladies at Sweet! are very nice and helpful.They said they also do party trays of strawberries which I may have to get for my next dinner party.
If you are at the Jersey Shore, be sure to stop in this little bit of heaven for some sweets!

1  Thank NewJerseyGoodEats