“Saltwater Inn in Belmar”
Review of Saltwater Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belmar
Saltwater Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Belmar B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Saltwater Inn in Belmar”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

My husband, daughter and myself stayed at the Inn for 3 nights. We stayed in the Sea of Love room. We loved it! Marty and Joyce have created an Inn that is beautiful, inviting and relaxing. They made sure we had everything we needed, including reservations at delicious restaurants, beach badges and even healthy snacks (make sure you try the homemade frozen fruit pops). Joyce is a wonderful cook; we had delicious gourmet breakfasts. Marty even booked us massages at the Inn. The Inn is wonderfully decorated and very clean; two blocks from the beach and close to great restaurants. They made us feel so welcomed and relaxed. We are already thinking about booking our anniversary weekend! Thank you Joyce and Marty...your kindness and dedication left a deep impression on us!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Reviewed 6 July 2012

My girlfriend and I decided to book a last minute trip to Belmar for three nights. We stayed in the Sea Storm room. Marty and Joyce were amazing hosts and provides us with everything we needed (from beach badges to wine glasses).

The place is just two blocks from the beach and within a mile or two of many excellent restaurants, which they can help you get preferred reservations to.

The rooms are in excellent condition (and from what we heard the Sea Storm is the oldest room) and we have no complaints. As far as breakfast in the morning, we had a breakfast wrap, a polenta bowl, and an excellent pulled pork/egg dish in our three days, all of which were fantastic.

We recommend this stay to anyone looking for a great few days in the area.

• Stayed July 2012
Westfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Marty and Joyce (the Inn Keepers) have created a fantastic B&B that is stunningly decorated and very accommodating -- not to mention so clean. We have tried numerous B&B's at the shore and the Saltwater Inn is tops. The Inn is so relaxing and it is hard to believe we were only 45 minutes from home. Breakfast every morning was delicious -- Joyce is an amazing cook. The area of Belmar where the Inn is located is VERY family oriented and there are lots of great restaurants. Honestly, the more we got to know Belmar there is really something for everyone. Marty suggested Kleins for dinner and it was a great choice. The kids menu was diverse (and our kids ate the food) while my wife and I each had top notch seafood. Without hesitation book your reservation. All of the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor can't be wrong. Thanks again Marty and Joyce and we will see you again soon!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Great experience at the Saltwater Inn. Two girlfriends and I spent two nights at the Inn and everything was immaculate. Working in the hospitality field for 5 years now, I have very high standards and notice "everything"...however, everything was perfect beyond exceptional! Service, food, atmosphere, decor, location, extremely comfortable beds, l'occitane en provence amenities, brand new flat screen tv's, marble shower stall, rainforest shower head, beach wood accents, AC in each room and hallways so very comfortable temperture even in the hot summer months, mahogaony wooden blinds, bathrobes, welcome smoothie etc. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an upscale bed & breakfast for a very reasonable price! Breakfast is included in the nightly rate which was delicious (!!!) along with day beach passes which usually run at $17 p/p per day. I can't wait to take the trip back there from CT for another great weekend at a perfect B&B!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
, Owner at Saltwater Inn, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Hi Chelsea it's Marty. It was so nice having you girls at the Inn. Joyce and I are so happy you had such a great time. Thank you for the awesome review. We are blessed to see our efforts are appreciated. Hope to see you back at Saltwater soon!
Bayonne, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I just returned from my stay at the Saltwater Inn in Belmar, and have to say I’m wishing I was back there now. The Inn is absolutely beautiful. The Inn keepers Marty and Joyce make you feel so at ease and at home. They cater to your every need, from the gourmet breakfast in the morning to the refreshing drinks on the porch in the evening my every desire was taken care of. They were able to recommend great restaurants and fun things to do. The location of the Inn is great. It is just a short block from the beach, and a 5 minute walk to Main Street, where many great restaurants were available. I’m not sure what I miss most, my luxurious bed, beautiful and refreshing shower or the relaxing melodic tunes echoed through the Inn. Between the delightful swing in my room and the porch rockers, it was hard to keep my eyes open. I was the most relaxed I’ve been in a long time. Can’t wait to get back there!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We just returned from a family trip to Belmar, where we stayed at the Saltwater Inn. It is truly a Class-A place to stay, and we recommend it wholeheartedly. Joyce and Marty are warm and welcoming, their attentiveness is just plain perfect, and the place itself is as beautiful to look at as it is to live in (if only for a night or two, alas!). I won't start in on the cooking, because I might not ever stop - it was excellent, and I wish I could have breakfast there again today...and tomorrow...
Bottom line - if you're looking for a beautiful, comfortable, quiet, well-run inn near a shore that meets that same description - this is IT.

Room Tip: ANY room is excellent - and if you've got a young family, the Suite is perfect!