Saltwater Inn
US$62
  • Pool
US$132
Travelocity
Chateau Inn & Suites(Spring Lake)(Great Value!)
US$171
Travelocity
US$79
Atlantic Inn & Suites(Wall Township)
US$80
US$71
Rodeway Inn(Wall Township)
TripAdvisor
Shawmont Hotel(Ocean Grove)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssalt watergourmet breakfastmy husband and ib bquichetwo blockssunrise retreatmade us feelplace to staybed and breakfastocean voyagethe jersey shoreroasted pepperstempurpedic mattressattention to detailat homegreat weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I am so happy to have come across this "Gem" at the shore! I needed a place to stay for an evening as I was attending a party in Belmar on December 30th. I didn't want to drive back to New York that night and after reading reviews on Trip Advisor, I booked a room at the Saltwater Inn. I arrived and was greeted so warmly by Marty and Joyce (and some delicious home baked cookies too!). They are so nice and fun to talk with. The Inn is gorgeous. They have such wonderful taste and it is decorated so beautifully. My room was perfect !! Very comfy temperpedic bed and linens. Each room has its own new bathroom with rainfall shower heads and even robes. Very nice touches throughout the whole place. Joyce's breakfast was amazing. Short walk to the beach and to the Main Street. I can't say enough great things about Saltwater Inn, You won't be disappointed if you stay at this bed and breakfast in Belmar. i will definetely be back! I even received a parting gift as I left...."salt water taffy" JUST PERFECT!!

Room Tip: I was able to tour the Inn and saw many of the rooms available. They are all so nice!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Had a great stay at the Saltwater Inn; Joyce and Marty were friendly and accomodating. The room and breakfast were both outstanding! The bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was large with stylish, upgraded fixtures. The Inn is situated close to the center of town with both fine and casual dining.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2012

We loved our experience - the bed was super comfy and the breakfast was delightful. Marty and Joyce were gracious and accommodating in every way. Marty made a dinner reservation for us and talked with us about Hurricane Sandy's affect on the Belmar area. The price was right and the room we stayed in was perfect. The shower was perfectly hot and roomy and the toiletries were complimentary and fancy. We loved the lights and the music in the entryway - it was very peaceful. I read my book on a comfy leather coach. The neighborhood is very safe and quiet. It is a short 7-10 walk to a few restaurants and shops. The town was friendly and we will consider revisiting next time we are in the area.
David and Debra from Wisconsin

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Joyce R, Owner at Saltwater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2012

Thanks for the excellent review.

Reviewed 13 November 2012

The room was good, missing bedside tables which was an annoyance.
The food was EXCELLENT. Great breakfast all days we were there.
Location was great, walking distance to the beach and good spots for dinner.
I must have missed the mentions of God on the website which were quite prevelant at the inn (this includes a quote from God on the wall of our room.) Personally, I think a more secular approach would attract a wider range of customers. I probably wouldn't go back because of it, it made me and my spouse uncomfortable.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Alison M
Joyce R, Owner at Saltwater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Thank you for your candid review. We did have one or two bedrooms without an end table (Joyce is very picky and was looking for the perfect one). I'm not sure how long ago you were here but now all rooms do have an end table. We do have encouraging sayings such as "Love Never Fails" and "All Things Are Possible" at the Inn. I could be wrong but I would think you would have to be a die hard atheist to be offended by these positive sayings. The only comments we have ever received about these sayings have been positive. We have personally been encouraged by these sayings and we believe they will also encourage others. We do agree with you that our location is Great. I am a bit confused on why you state how our location is "Great" yet you rated it only "very good" and not "excellent" on Tripadvisor.
Respectfully,
Marty

Reviewed 11 November 2012

My husband Carl and I had a fantastic and relaxing time at Saltwater Inn!! We arrived for our 26th anniversary and stay in the "Sea of Love" room which was clean and romantic. The owners were very sweet and welcoming. The breakfast was so good, we wished for a bigger portion. Also, it would be nice to be able to hang on to your beach tags for the majority of the check out day though, since most people don't leave right after check out. Overall, saltwater inn is a really nice place to stay!!!
Janette

• Stayed: August 2012
Joyce R, Owner at Saltwater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Hi Janette it's Marty. Joyce and I are so glad you and Carl had a great time here at Saltwater Inn. Thank you for the "Excellent Rating". Like you all of our guest are amazed by Joyce's breakfast. Yes they are soon delicious and beautiful. Some guests have commented to us that they were so satisfied they they skipped lunch. Our herb baked quiche serving is a quarter of the entire quiche with crumbled bacon, five roasted sweet italian peppers and fruit. Our homemade cinnamon Beligum waffels are four quartered waffels with sweet italian sausage and pineapple skewers. These are just a couple of examples of our breakfast. Once our guests check out of the Inn we do need the room keys and beach badges returned for the new guests checking in. We are usually fully occupied between Memorial Day and Labor Day. The good news is that if you decide to go back to the beach after checking out Belmar only charges $7. to enjoy the beach for the entire day.