“Wonderful week in Belmar”
Review of Saltwater Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belmar
Saltwater Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Belmar B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My annual trip to Belmar will now include staying at the Saltwater Inn. From the moment I walked in the door, the soft music, the smell of clean linen, I knew I was "home". Marty and Joyce greeted me like I had known them forever, so warm and welcoming. My room was so plush.... attention to every detail was apparent from the vase with sand and seashells, the great robes in the closet, an awesome showerhead and who can forget the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. It didn't stop there, the breakfast was over the top with fresh fruit, wonderful Quiche and fresh squeezed juice.... even the ice cubes had little frozen lemon wedges inside. Only one block from the beach, easy walk and my beach badge was included. Another wonderful perk is plenty of parking even on a busy Saturday. Thank you for wonderful memories of Belmar 2013!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at Saltwater Inn in Belmar and had a delightful time. We are young seniors and frequent B&B's often especially at the Jersey Shore. We stumbled upon Saltwater Inn when staying in Belmar on Memorial Day Weekend.

We range the bell to see if we could view the Inn for future visits and Marty, the Innkeeper was happy to give us a tour of the Inn, including any rooms available to see. It was a wonderful surprise to see modern amenities like beautiful hardwood floors, wonderful new beds with incredibly comfortable mattresses, lovely bedding and fantastic showers and bathrooms.

Marty and Joyce are warm and friendly Innkeepers whose main goal is to provide good service to their guests. The breakfasts are incredibly delicious and Joyce uses all fresh ingredients and is very creative. We looked forward to this breakfast every morning and it never disappointed.

Saltwater Inn offers a "during the week" special that is hard to beat. You check in on a Monday and checkout on a Thursday morning. You pay for two nights and get the third night free. It is a great way to cut costs and when you factor in all that is included, a real bargain. If you break down the cost for two nights, subtract the $25 average breakfast cost and deduct your beach pass costs, you will be surprised at the inexpensive average rate to stay in an awesome B&B that is just a few blocks from the beach.

Saltwater Inn is a very relaxing place to stay with a beautiful porch and seating area to enjoy your breakfast. We also enjoyed coming back from dinner and having our wine on the porch. The location is convenient and quiet and there are some wonderful restaurants in walking distance to the Inn.

I highly recommend Saltwater Inn and plan on returning to enjoy more time at the beach and Jersey Shore.

Room Tip: There are many types of rooms to choose from and Marty is very helpful in finding a room for you. W...
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Our second year in a row amazingly was even better than the first. Thank you Marty and Joyce for making our stay great. Wonderful breakfast, reservations to the best restaurants. This time we enjoyed local outlets along with live music in Belmar's town center. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This place is everything a B&B ought to be and then some. Joyce and Marty don't just rent out a room, they make you feel like old friends. Furthermore, the level of service they provide is unparalleled by even the most luxurious of hotels in which I've stayed.

Instead of doing a chronological narrative, I'll simply going to highlight some key areas of the experience, which was our first.

BOOKING: The sparse website belies just how wonderful this place truly looks. I mentioned this upon check-in to the innkeepers and was told that a new site is to be unveiled in the fall or so, which I think will make it much easier for people to virtually tour the facility and make a reservation. Nevertheless, a quick and pleasant telephone call was all I needed to find out all the details and to secure my reservation.

APPEARANCE: Even the outside of the building is really nice. The innkeepers have made sure that everything is kept fresh and new. Furthermore, the porch and sitting areas are adorned with their personal herb garden (which is used in the dishes that are served, incidentally). Inside, everything is immaculate. There are plenty of areas to sit and relax, with pleasant music playing in the background.

THE ROOM: Each room has its own bathroom, which is definitely a plus. Our room had a beautiful view with great light coming in, plus an individually controlled high efficiency air conditioner (which we rarely needed, but definitely worked great one day that was really hot), fresh bedding, and a nice soft mattress. Also, I expected some creaky floors and was pleasantly surprised to see that they were actually very solid.

OTHER GUESTS: Really nice people were here while we stayed. We rarely saw each other other than at breakfast, and we never heard each other either. The point is, you're not being holed up in a house with derelicts or noisy kids.

LOCATION: Two blocks from Belmar Beach, right on 10th Ave.; it's a bit more quiet down that end (we normally hit the beach around 17th Ave.), which was nice and relaxing. The Inn provides complimentary beach passes for your stay, by the way.

FOOD: We are not early morning people, but we managed to make it down for the 8:30 AM breakfast somehow, and we're so glad we did. The freshness and deliciousness of the dishes coming out of that kitchen is hard to parlay in a text review, but let me just remind you of the herb garden, because they definitely leverage it. Furthermore, Marty provides the table service, and he does so with the aplomb and graciousness of a five-star maitre d'. He truly made it a pleasure to be up in the morning (and trust me, that's quite a feat for me).

EVENINGS: Marty provides an excellent concierge service for all his guests. You're thinking about having a nice Italian dinner tonight? Marty knows what to do. He'll have about 4 good options for your right then and there, AND he will call the restaurant of your choice to make your reservation (which will usually guarantee a bit better of service than you would have gotten just calling on your own). Seafood instead? Nouvelle cuisine? Marty knows. The innkeepers turn in after 10 PM, but the building is still completely at your access and disposal all night, provided of course that you are considerate noise-wise. However, who wants to stay out too late and risk missing that wonderful breakfast the next day?

THE INNKEEPERS: Marty and Joyce are just wonderful people. They're friendly, available whenever you need them, never annoyed, and just all-around great hosts. They've put a lot of time, energy, and money into details that often get overlooked at other establishments, and it shows..

MISCELLANEOUS: The only entrance is secured at all times with a digital combination lock, so no worry of strangers wandering around. Marty does all kinds of beach events, such as jet skiing and tubing, so ask about it if you're into that kind of thing. The parking lot ensures you will never be driving around looking for a spot on street for hours.

COMPLAINTS: We really had none, but I'm going to try to come up with some anyway to make this review balanced. Hot water can sometimes take 45 seconds to get to your faucet. The shampoo and conditioner are wonderful, but a mini bar of soap would be nice too. I really sat here for 15 minutes trying to come up with anything else to add to this part, but I just can't do it. If I think of anything, I'll be sure to edit and add it, but I really don't have anything else.

All told, this is a wonderful trip to take with your SO, your kids, or whomever. Even solo would be nice, I'm sure. Don't go to the beach only to stay somewhere else and have just a mediocre trip when it can be so much better. Saltwater is the only place I will be staying from now on.

Room Tip: They're all good, and yet different. It's really up to personal preference.
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Pat took me on a surprise birthday weekend to the Saltwater Inn and what a surprise it was! The room was comfortable (especially the bed!), the food delicious (although it went against all the food choices Marty talked with us about) and the location can't be beaten. It was a really wonderful experience and we look forward to going back!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

this is exactly the type of property i've been trying to find at the jersey shore. beautiful bed and breakfast with super comfy beds, clean rooms, gorgeous bathrooms, and amazing breakfast served outdoors. two blocks to the beach, with parking and beach passes included.
Marty and Joyce are adorable and go out of their way to make your stay perfect.
i've already stayed here twice this summer and can't wait to book my next trip.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I cannot thank Joyce and Marty enough for a perfect getaway weekend! Breakfast was terrific both mornings, the accommodations (especially that bed) very comfortable, and the artwork and interior design beautiful. You have created a beautiful, fun and relaxing environment. Thanks again and hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmar
2 mi away
#1 of 7 in Belmar
The Inn At The Shore
The Inn At The Shore
#3 of 7 in Belmar

Been to Saltwater Inn? Share your experiences!