“Great stay at Saltwater Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Saltwater Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belmar
Saltwater Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Belmar B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York
“Great stay at Saltwater Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed at Saltwater Inn in late summer. I went looking for peace and serenity and found exactly that and more. The inn was very clean, light and airy, not at all stuffy as some B&Bs can be. It was modern yet had a welcoming, relaxing and calm vibe about it. The beds were temperpedic and very comfortable. The owners, Joyce and Marty, were nothing short of spectacular in every way. They exceeded my expectations and were the quintessential hosts. They went above and beyond to make me comfortable. Joyce's breakfast was delicious. Marty was great at recommending restaurants and even got us a table last minute at a restaurant that was already booked. I had a great meal on my last night at the shore thanks to him. I would most certainly return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
New Paltz, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

You will not find nicer, more attentive and caring hosts than Marty & Joyce. They really want you to have a great stay. The Inn is on a quiet street only two blocks from the beach and within walking distance of several good restaurants. It may be a little thing to some people, but to me the first cup of coffee in the morning is important. Every other time that I've stayed in a B&B, no matter how good everything else was, I've always had to pass on the coffee: thin, bitter, watery. I say "other" because the coffee was good. So good that I had a second cup, and then another splash. Breakfasts were delicious and Joyce's plating of the food was beautiful.

The rooms are spotless and tastefully done without anything frilly. Think Ralph Lauren/Pottery Barn. Guys: you'll be comfortable. No Lacey, frilly things. Simple, bright and in very good taste. Hosts that spend the money for Tempura-Pedic mattresses in an inn are rare. These mattresses really are wonderful and a good night's restful sleep is assured.

I had a terrific stay and I cannot recommend the Saltwater Inn more highly.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Yorktown Heights, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

If you are looking for a truly relaxing experience - the Saltwater Inn is the ticket. The accommodations were immaculate and the rooms were spacious and breakfast fare was unique and delicious. Your hosts Marty and Joyce were warm, friendly and gracious - they went out of there way to insure that you have a wonderful experience. This inn is highly recommended for anyone who wants to be treated in a first class manner. Will go back again for many more enjoyable trips.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

We found the Saltwater Inn by searching for hotels with tempurpedic beds. What a great find!! Joyce and Marty make you feel so welcome and comfortable from the minute you check in. We booked a 4 night stay to celebrate our anniversary and Marty made reservations for dinner for us at an Italian restaurant which was also excellent. We had never been to a bed and breakfast before and were not sure what to expect. We still had enough privacy while being taken care of. The gourmet breakfasts are amazing and dining outside was such a nice experience. The front porch with the rocking chairs was another favorite. We loved sitting out there every night before turning in for the night. Joyce also makes snacks during the day for you to enjoy in the afternoon before dinner time.
The Inn is immaculate and each room contains a white noise machine which is great if you have a room facing the road or are light sleepers. We are going to get one of those for our house now!
The parking lot is great so you don't need to worry about finding parking on the street. Also, the beach tags are included which is another huge plus since they cost $7.00 a day per person. We will definitely be back next year.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Yardley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

I decided to surprise my wife a take her to the Saltwater Inn for the Labor Day weekend on the recommendation from a friend. WE HAD A GREAT TIME. We had never stayed in a bed and breakfast before and we were both pleasantly surprised and how immaculate the facility was and we how comfortable Joyce and Marty made us feel. Breakfast was outstanding. I would absolutely stay here again.
Shari and Allen

Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Came here with my girlfriend for a long weekend and had an amazing time! The Inn is great, very nicely furnished, amazing gourmet breakfasts, very well maintained, and a uniquely "homey" feel. We had the perfect amount of privacy while still being very well attended too. As a bed and breakfast it does not have all of the amenities of a hotel but it provides an excellent weekend get-a-way. We were recommended a very nice seafood restaurant by the water by the Innkeeper and enjoyed all that Belmar has to offer. A review of the Jersey Shore wouldn't be complete without recommending hitting the Parker House is Sea Girt for the best happy hour of your life.

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

My annual trip to Belmar will now include staying at the Saltwater Inn. From the moment I walked in the door, the soft music, the smell of clean linen, I knew I was "home". Marty and Joyce greeted me like I had known them forever, so warm and welcoming. My room was so plush.... attention to every detail was apparent from the vase with sand and seashells, the great robes in the closet, an awesome showerhead and who can forget the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. It didn't stop there, the breakfast was over the top with fresh fruit, wonderful Quiche and fresh squeezed juice.... even the ice cubes had little frozen lemon wedges inside. Only one block from the beach, easy walk and my beach badge was included. Another wonderful perk is plenty of parking even on a busy Saturday. Thank you for wonderful memories of Belmar 2013!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmar
Hewitt Wellington
#6 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
The Inn At The Shore
The Inn At The Shore
#2 of 7 in Belmar

Been to Saltwater Inn? Share your experiences!