“1st Anniversary”
Review of Saltwater Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belmar
Saltwater Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Belmar B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I was looking for a weekend gateway for my wife on our 1st anniversary. We were both widowed and instead of 25th , we had out 1st. Two blocks from the beach and boadwalk gave us an enjoyable afternoon on a sunny day. The Sea of Love room was the best you could ask for. The room was so relaxing and the atmosphere was very peaceful. The gourmet breakfast was amazing. Joyce and Marty did everything they could to make our stay memorable. They are very hospitable and do everything they can for their guests. The plan I had for my wife and anniversary was all fulfilled at the Saltwater Inn.

There are newer reviews for Saltwater Inn

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We loved this charming B&B. Marty and Joyce made our stay immensely enjoyable - they were so kind and welcoming! The food was AMAZING. We would recommend it to everyone for a lovely, relaxing weekend stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Right from the start Joyce and Marty helped me plan a perfect weekend during which my girl friend and I got engaged .they helped in every way from suggesting a wonderful restaurant, to make sure champagne was in the room when we returned from dinner and Marty ready with his camera took several really good photos of us that night and the next morning . The inn is charming and you can tell that a lot of love and soul went into creating the entire inn. The inn was very clean the sea of love room we stayed in was wonderful with a very comfortable mattress .
The Inn is on a quite block with quick access to beach and Main Street . All and all mission accomplished! We have a memory of a life time.

Room Tip: Sea of love
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed at Saltwater Inn in late summer. I went looking for peace and serenity and found exactly that and more. The inn was very clean, light and airy, not at all stuffy as some B&Bs can be. It was modern yet had a welcoming, relaxing and calm vibe about it. The beds were temperpedic and very comfortable. The owners, Joyce and Marty, were nothing short of spectacular in every way. They exceeded my expectations and were the quintessential hosts. They went above and beyond to make me comfortable. Joyce's breakfast was delicious. Marty was great at recommending restaurants and even got us a table last minute at a restaurant that was already booked. I had a great meal on my last night at the shore thanks to him. I would most certainly return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2013

You will not find nicer, more attentive and caring hosts than Marty & Joyce. They really want you to have a great stay. The Inn is on a quiet street only two blocks from the beach and within walking distance of several good restaurants. It may be a little thing to some people, but to me the first cup of coffee in the morning is important. Every other time that I've stayed in a B&B, no matter how good everything else was, I've always had to pass on the coffee: thin, bitter, watery. I say "other" because the coffee was good. So good that I had a second cup, and then another splash. Breakfasts were delicious and Joyce's plating of the food was beautiful.

The rooms are spotless and tastefully done without anything frilly. Think Ralph Lauren/Pottery Barn. Guys: you'll be comfortable. No Lacey, frilly things. Simple, bright and in very good taste. Hosts that spend the money for Tempura-Pedic mattresses in an inn are rare. These mattresses really are wonderful and a good night's restful sleep is assured.

I had a terrific stay and I cannot recommend the Saltwater Inn more highly.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2013

If you are looking for a truly relaxing experience - the Saltwater Inn is the ticket. The accommodations were immaculate and the rooms were spacious and breakfast fare was unique and delicious. Your hosts Marty and Joyce were warm, friendly and gracious - they went out of there way to insure that you have a wonderful experience. This inn is highly recommended for anyone who wants to be treated in a first class manner. Will go back again for many more enjoyable trips.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We found the Saltwater Inn by searching for hotels with tempurpedic beds. What a great find!! Joyce and Marty make you feel so welcome and comfortable from the minute you check in. We booked a 4 night stay to celebrate our anniversary and Marty made reservations for dinner for us at an Italian restaurant which was also excellent. We had never been to a bed and breakfast before and were not sure what to expect. We still had enough privacy while being taken care of. The gourmet breakfasts are amazing and dining outside was such a nice experience. The front porch with the rocking chairs was another favorite. We loved sitting out there every night before turning in for the night. Joyce also makes snacks during the day for you to enjoy in the afternoon before dinner time.
The Inn is immaculate and each room contains a white noise machine which is great if you have a room facing the road or are light sleepers. We are going to get one of those for our house now!
The parking lot is great so you don't need to worry about finding parking on the street. Also, the beach tags are included which is another huge plus since they cost $7.00 a day per person. We will definitely be back next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmar
Mayfair Hotel
#1 of 6 in Asbury Park
Doolan's
Doolan's
#6 of 7 in Spring Lake

Been to Saltwater Inn? Share your experiences!