“Great Hotel”
Review of Belmar Inn

Belmar Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Belmar B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My volleyball partner and I stayed at the Belmar Inn the end of June this year. We loved our stay - the room was very spacious and clean and we had everything we needed. The staff was incredibly friendly and accomidating (agree strongly with Chris W's comment about Moe being a fantastic worker as he was at our service with anything we needed). The location was just perfect for us because we could walk to everything - the main street/downtown area, the beach, great restaurants, shopping, etc. And, I also was a HUGE fan of the free Dunkin Donuts breakfast! So, overall we had a fantastic stay at the Belmar Inn and I have already recommended it to some of my friends I know planning to visit the Jersey Shore.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Laryssa M

Reviewed 1 June 2012

We were there on memorial day weekend 2012. We stayed there 3 days, at the first we thought its too pricey for the hotel like this but at the end of the stay we loved and each and every penny was worth it. Staff is wonderful and very helpful especially Moe he is the best worker there.
To top it off they had free breakfast from Dunkin Donuts for the whole weekend. The place was very clean did not see any " Bed - Bugs " there as per the past reviews I think they cleaned it up. Everything was walking distance and the weather was awesome.

Room Tip: Choose 308 or 309 they are the best ocean view rooms.
3  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 25 May 2012

THE BELMAR INN ! Lets just say that it had to be one of the worst places I ever have ever visited! My group arrived looking forward to a great stay and enjoy the brillent Day and prestine Beachs !
The area was beautiful and the perfect place for an Inn just a short walk to the Beach ! What we had however was a Day from HELL ! We had to spend four hours looking for a new place to stay ! The main area was dirty and looked like a bad doom room ! The ladies room was dirty and nasty.... no soap or paper towels ! I reported this to the front desk however she never provided soap or towels ! I am sure that this is a health risk not sure why the board of health doesn't check on this sort of issue ! The room was suppose to have to double beds and a pull out couch ! The reservation was for 5 Women ! We waited several hours only to find out that all they could provide was a air mattress ! " REALLY " The room was so nasty, dark and dirty that I was afraid of catching something just standing there ! The bathroom had mold growing around the shower stall ! Just hope that no one brings a family here !! THIS IS A CASE OF GOOD INN GONE BAD ! " BEWARE " DISSAPOINTED IN JERSEY ! HEIDE !

4  Thank feathersMass_
Reviewed 23 May 2012

This hotel was the worst I have ever stepped foot in. It smelled, was dumpy and just overall a pit. We reserved a room with 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa because we had 5 people in our group. We got there and they told us they only had a room with 2 beds. We told them that was not what we reserved or paid for and they said that was all they had but they could give us an air mattress. Really??? Finally got into our room and it was so small that there was no room on the floor for an air mattress. When we went to the front desk and asked the girl where the air mattress should go, she shrugged her shoulders. We arrived in New Jersey at 11:00 am ready to spend a nice day with friends....that didn't happen since we were on the phone until 4:00 pm between Hotels.com and trying to find a new place to stay. Thank god somebody that heard what was going on came over to us to tell us about a place that rented out cottages. Cost us twice the amount of money but it was worth it to get out of that hell hole!!! Only thing good about it was you could walk to the beach. Again, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

3  Thank kauffrey
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Please do not go here. My friends and I were supposed to stay here for the Bamboozle festival this past weekend. We were supposed to have a room with two beds and a pullout couch. They said they didn't have the pullout couch and they would put an air mattress in there...NOT! When we first walked into the lobby it smelled of urine. The bathroom for the main area was filthy with mold and dirt and it had no soap or paper towels...ewwwww So my friend was on the phone for 4 hours trying to find another place-nothing around because of the festival. so we said lets just suck it up for the 2 nights. Yea well we went to the room which was on the first floor in a dark stinky hallway with no lights(probably so you couldn't see the filth). We opened the door and one of the beds was right there and the other bed was about a foot away from that one(if that). There was absolutely no room for any size air mattress. But it didn't matter because there was no way we were going to stay here. It was dirty, stinky, and you could see how the quilts were filthy. We literally walked in and out without our bags touching anything. We had read that there were bedbugs in the past but they told us that it had all been redone and new mattresses. I would like to know where these new mattresses were. Anyways we were on the phone for another hour when someone that was on the porch mentioned a place with a few cottages. So we got one! It was a lot more money but so worth it! Don't let the online pictures fool you! Oh and we were not the only unhappy people. we heard quite a few others complaining. I hope this will save you the trouble and upset stomach. The only thing this place had that was good was it was close to the ocean. I would rather sleep on the beach and be taken out with the tides

Room Tip: There are no good rooms!
5  Thank Barbara A
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Stayed at the Belmar Inn for one night at the shore. The location to the beach is the best part of this place. The room was spacious enough with 2 double beds in a seperate room and a pullout couch. But the room was diry when we checked in. The left the pullout couch open and when we put it back together, the floor underneath was stained and littered with garbage. Air conditioner was a tiny window unit BUT did work after we turned it on. Bathroom was also dirty and water pressure was a mere trickle. Also the toliet didnt flush so when we went to dinner we asked them to fix it. We got back and it was fixed but then broke again in the morning. Downstairs in the reception there were piles upon piles of dirty linens that needed to be washed. Also, lady at reception was asleep on one of the couches when we tried to check out. She didn't wake up when we tried talking to her so we just left our room keys there. Lots of young kids hang out outside on the porch at night....you have to walk around them to get into the the hotel. I wouldn't take my family there. Parking is on the street, they dont have a lot, but we didn't have a problem finding a spot early in the morning and after dinner. All in all, the place was pretty much a dump but i guess thats what you get for 89 dollars. I think next time I'd pay a little more for a nicer place. Didn't see any bed bugs.....

Room Tip: During the week, any room is 89 dollars, get the biggest one- 2 queen beds with a pullout.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank nmv87
Reviewed 14 May 2011

Although service is not Four star hotel style , there is nothing better in Belmar for this price range. Remember this is a beach town and you will get rowdy college kids in the summer. The staff was always kind and courteous to me and my wife . I especially enjoyed the free buffet style breakfast on the weekend.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Firstrtimehere
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmar
Mayfair Hotel
#2 of 5 in Wall Township
No photo provided
A Dream By The Sea
#4 of 7 in Belmar

Been to Belmar Inn? Share your experiences!