“Belmar, HOME SWEET HOME!!! Morning Dove is a Cut ABOVE!!!!”
Review of Morning Dove Inn

Morning Dove Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Belmar B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 July 2013

When I am not convinced by my kids to sleep by the boardwalk in Point Pleasant, home of my FAVORITE MOTEL, the Pelican Point, I find my CULINARY oasis, with Kim, owner of the Morning Dove B&B. This exquisitely decorated B&B is home away from home! Cleanliness is MAJOR to me and it is impeccable. She lends you beach passes for FREE, bicycles for FREE, a gourmet 'CULINARY INSTITUTE' style breakfast that makes you feel like you were dining AT THE CULINARY INSTITUTE IN Hyde Park!!!

Her children are the cutest, sweetest KINDEST, especially the older boy, that you could ever meet. The obviously ADORE their mom AND EVERY GUEST, I must say. In minutes I felt like they knew me my whole life and wanted to share every wonderful detail of their gorgeous home with us! Their ADOPTED grandparents, though firm with the kids, are just a breath of fresh air! Old fashioned, wise, kind and very nurturing to Kim's children! (makes me want to be adopted by them too!) Belmar is where you want to be when you want to be away from the loud crowds, fast traffic and loud night life. Just perfect for me!

The Gran Marnier French Toast are a magnificent example of the class of this lovely innkeeper and her peanut butter chocolate pancakes for the kids is a child's DREAM COME TRUE!!!

I wish Kim and her enviable family health, wealth and God's blessings always! Good luck Kim and keep up the good work, as an innkeeper and an amazing parent!! (from what I observed first hand!!!) laura

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 July 2013

The Morning Dove Inn is amazing! The room I stayed in was beautiful, and the service was amazing. I had a wonderful stay, it was so peaceful and the best night sleep in awhile. When morning came I woke up to the smell of a delicious breakfast, which really hit the spot. Kim is so sweet she made sure I had a comfortable stay and everything I needed. After breakfast I had a gorgeous bike ride through the neighborhood. Then had a peaceful day at the beach, and went back to hang out on the porch, while reading in quite. It was really a perfect stay, and I am ready to book my next stay ASAP!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Dove Inn is great, we stayed for the 4th of July weekend. Good food, nice host (Kim and her friend Lesley), great location, 1 block from the beach. House is nicely decorated and very clean. Breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The owner, Kim, is very nice and friendly. Our room was nicely appointed and the breakfast was plenty of food. The location can't be beat - only a 5 minute walk to the beach! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank RegsMc4
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Kim and her staff went "above and beyond" at every turn! The Inn is fabulously appointed, the food - sensational, the hospitality was like going to visit your absolute favorite friend or relative. Oh, I was even able to get a 10pm massage in the spa room, walk upstairs in my robe, and ease into a fabulous night sleep. Amazing place! We look forward to returning next summer, but are SO worried about the devastation along the Jersey Shore. Prayers!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DebandTom
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We celebrated a wedding anniversary in May 2011 when the Inn was under former ownership. Newly renovated and upgraded we decided to give it another try. What a difference a year makes. We stayed at the Inn 3 days in August. Part of the amazing transition is the new owner, Kim. She and her staff are the reason that you want to go back. The view of the ocean and the lake across the street, dining on the outdoor porch, free bikes for a ride from Spring Lake to Asbury Park, afternoon refreshments, beach towels, beach badges, great toiletries, a flat screen and firelplace in every room are also fantastic reasons to return. But the best was when we were asked what we would like for breakfast from an array of individually prepared dishes that include, Texas Toast, eggs, omelettes, and not to be missed, Grand Marnier French Toast. The Inn has that B & B feel that makes you want to place your belongings in your room and hang out, get comfy, relax and be taken care of by a staff that just can't do enough for you. Doug and Deby

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deby R
Reviewed 3 August 2012 via mobile

Clean rooms, charming decor, good food and friendly, service-oriented owner and staff. Great location across from the lake and two blocks from the beach. And close to good restaurants and other beach resort towns You can't do better than this! We plan to return.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Merpav
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmar
Hewitt Wellington
Grand Victorian at Spring Lake
The Inn At The Shore
The Inn At The Shore
#3 of 7 in Belmar

Been to Morning Dove Inn? Share your experiences!