“Can't Say Enough!!!”
Review of Morning Dove Inn

Morning Dove Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Belmar B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My wife and I were looking to get away for the night but didn't want to go too far. We considered a hotel but since we rarely get out, we decided to do something a little nicer. Searching B&B's we found the Morning Dove. It looked nice and the rates were reasonable so we booked. On arrival we were pleasantly surprised how nice and CLEAN it was. The lady who checked us in was friendly and soon sent us off to the beach with badges, towels and cold water. After a while on the beach, she called my cell phone. She apologized stating she could not be there to greet us when we got back like she usually does with the guests, but assured us somebody would be there. Sure enough- when we got back there was a fruit and cheese platter and some cold drinks waiting for us. The front porch faces the beach and made it that much more enjoyable. The next morning we met more of the friendly staff and Kim- the innkeeper. Our breakfast table was set for us and a delicious breakfast was made to order. Kim spoke to us for a bit and gave us some information on the area. We were not rushed out and because it was quiet (weekday), she encouraged us to stay and enjoy the day. We have already planned our next visit in a few weeks and are counting the days!

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We literally booked our stay at the Morning Dove days leading up to this past weekend and the B&B ended up being an amazing find.

We stayed in the Artists Loft, which was perfect for the 3 of us! It was clean, spacious and ideal for our stay.

Kim could not have been a nicer host... She loves to cook for her guests which made breakfast beyond amazing each morning (french toast, omelettes, bacon, potatos, etc.)

And the fact that its 1 block from the beach and that beach passes and chairs were provided just made the stay even better!

Would totally recommend this stay and am already looking forward to mine!

1  Thank Jim M
Reviewed 20 July 2013

When I am not convinced by my kids to sleep by the boardwalk in Point Pleasant, home of my FAVORITE MOTEL, the Pelican Point, I find my CULINARY oasis, with Kim, owner of the Morning Dove B&B. This exquisitely decorated B&B is home away from home! Cleanliness is MAJOR to me and it is impeccable. She lends you beach passes for FREE, bicycles for FREE, a gourmet 'CULINARY INSTITUTE' style breakfast that makes you feel like you were dining AT THE CULINARY INSTITUTE IN Hyde Park!!!

Her children are the cutest, sweetest KINDEST, especially the older boy, that you could ever meet. The obviously ADORE their mom AND EVERY GUEST, I must say. In minutes I felt like they knew me my whole life and wanted to share every wonderful detail of their gorgeous home with us! Their ADOPTED grandparents, though firm with the kids, are just a breath of fresh air! Old fashioned, wise, kind and very nurturing to Kim's children! (makes me want to be adopted by them too!) Belmar is where you want to be when you want to be away from the loud crowds, fast traffic and loud night life. Just perfect for me!

The Gran Marnier French Toast are a magnificent example of the class of this lovely innkeeper and her peanut butter chocolate pancakes for the kids is a child's DREAM COME TRUE!!!

I wish Kim and her enviable family health, wealth and God's blessings always! Good luck Kim and keep up the good work, as an innkeeper and an amazing parent!! (from what I observed first hand!!!) laura

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2013

The Morning Dove Inn is amazing! The room I stayed in was beautiful, and the service was amazing. I had a wonderful stay, it was so peaceful and the best night sleep in awhile. When morning came I woke up to the smell of a delicious breakfast, which really hit the spot. Kim is so sweet she made sure I had a comfortable stay and everything I needed. After breakfast I had a gorgeous bike ride through the neighborhood. Then had a peaceful day at the beach, and went back to hang out on the porch, while reading in quite. It was really a perfect stay, and I am ready to book my next stay ASAP!!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Dove Inn is great, we stayed for the 4th of July weekend. Good food, nice host (Kim and her friend Lesley), great location, 1 block from the beach. House is nicely decorated and very clean. Breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The owner, Kim, is very nice and friendly. Our room was nicely appointed and the breakfast was plenty of food. The location can't be beat - only a 5 minute walk to the beach! I would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank RegsMc4
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Kim and her staff went "above and beyond" at every turn! The Inn is fabulously appointed, the food - sensational, the hospitality was like going to visit your absolute favorite friend or relative. Oh, I was even able to get a 10pm massage in the spa room, walk upstairs in my robe, and ease into a fabulous night sleep. Amazing place! We look forward to returning next summer, but are SO worried about the devastation along the Jersey Shore. Prayers!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DebandTom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmar
Mayfair Hotel
#2 of 6 in Asbury Park
The Inn At The Shore
The Inn At The Shore
#3 of 7 in Belmar

Been to Morning Dove Inn? Share your experiences!