“not a good place to stay” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Morning Dove Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belmar
Morning Dove Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Belmar B&B and Inns
New Jersey
“not a good place to stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

The place looks abused. The prices were only a guess because we were advised not to rely on the internet web site. Add ons to prices quoted were common. Service was non-existent. The location is very good;however buyer beware,

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank marterhen

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The worst night sleep I've had since 9-11. First we were told, over the phone, by the "owner"... That the garden suite was available...she said it was one of their nicest rooms, (I needed to sleep 3 adults, myself and two adult sons). We have owned a beach house for 12 years at the jersey shore prior to hurricane sandy and we know plenty of the b&b establishments along the coast....this is not a b&b...in the true sense of the word. Do not sleep here if u want a peaceful evening rest. The owner has three young kids that run ramped through the house screaming vulgarities until all hours of the night and awaken u at 6 AM. The place should be a setting for animal house...and the owner tries to tell u it's a gods home...oh really? With her kids yelling F words ...gods home? Shame on her. The only nice thing about this place was the parking...but, honestly, I would rather pay a parking ticket and get a good nights sleep than pay to be tortured ...and the air conditioning doesn't work...it's central air and really week. If you can't find a room in Belmar, stay in a nearby town before paying for this place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I consider myself a bed and breakfast aficionado and The Morning Dove Inn is by far my favorite! I was greeted by the warm and welcoming innkeeper Kim. It was beautifully appointed in tranquil shades of aqua. My favorite room is the Kings corner. When you wake up in your super plush comfy cozy king size bed just look to the windows on the right you will see the lake with beautiful elegant swans lazily floating by. If you look straight ahead from your bed you'll see a glittering, sprawling ocean view. I absolutely adored the oversized ball and claw foot tub. What a lovely way to relax at the end of the day!
For breakfast I ordered the Grand Marnier French toast. It was out of this world! And Kim even brought me little samples of the other tasty dishes she was preparing that morning. With my appetite sated and my belly full I retire to the porch in the morning to sip a steaming hot cup of coffee and gaze at the lake and ocean views. Also the sunsets are absolutely spectacular from the front porch!
Other perks and amenities include adorable vintage style bikes to cruise the boardwalk in the early morning, beach towels and chairs and the added bonus of your badge included in the price of your room!
Whenever I need an escape or to de-stress the Morning Dove in is the first place I think of!

Room Tip: The Kings Corner and Where Dreams Come True are my two favorites,
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Lesmakeup
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

After reading the great reviews, we really looked forward to staying there. We could not have been more disappointed! First of all when we made the reservation using our Living Social voucher, we requested the Garden Suite, which our voucher stated that we were entitled us to. We were told that the suite had been reserved for the entire week (we arrived on a Tuesday). We were also told that the voucher was mistakenly printed and we were merely entitled to a smaller room. I thanked them and told them I would contact Living Social for a refund. They called back later and said they would honor my voucher. On the way there at 2:00 pm, we received a call asking when we would arrive, we got the impression that we should have already been there.
We were met by a very sweet elderly gentleman that didn't seem to know much about our stay. We were led to a very small room even though we were the only guests at the Inn. The gentleman made a few phone calls and told us we could have a king room.
We asked for ice but were told the ice machine was broken?? There was a refrigerator and freezer in the kitchen but supposedly the ice machine in the basement was broken.
The next day we met Kim the owner and questioned her about the change in rooms. She said there were guests coming in Friday and the housekeeper wasn't coming until Thursday. Did this mean we were not going to have housekeeping services during our stay? That's exactly what it meant. We have never stayed at any type of accommodations where there aren't housekeeping services provided.
The gourmet breakfast consisted of fruit, yogurt and some cheap store bought cookies. We were told breakfast was served at 8:30 and, this being our vacation, did not feel like getting up and dressed that early, missed it because Kim had an early appointment. The following morning the breakfast consisted of an egg in a toast hole.
It was very difficult to write this review but we really felt that we had been treated unfairly. Kim offered to "make it up to us "if we returned but we have our doubts anyone was going to show up on Friday for the room we requested. She had our name, among others, on her calendar but no one listed for the weekend. We truly felt she was not a person of her word. Apparently, previous guests have been pleased?? If staying with any type of voucher, please ask for a guarantee of a specific room. We left with the feeling we were duped.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

The morning dove was the first getaway for me and my boyfriend two years ago. The service was amazing the staff so incredibly friendly the amenities and atmosphere so welcoming and comfortable. The house and location are great. We plan on going back. Highly recommended! Thank you for he experience. -Caitlin and Joey

• Stayed May 2013
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

I was in Belmar for a business trip and was recommended to stay at The Morning Dove Inn by a local. Boy, was I the lucky one! The accommodations here are completely amazing. The Inn is completely personally hand decorated and painted. Everything is extremely clean (a pet peeve of mine so I can be pretty critical about this) and the linens are top of the line and SMELL AMAZING!!! The owner Kim is very gracious and eager to please. I felt like it was my home away from home and could not have asked for a better place to spend my week. The Inn is one block from the boardwalk and very conveniently located in Belmar. You feel like you are close to the ocean and the fun activity of Belmar yet it is very quiet and peaceful! I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Bensalem, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were very pleased at the ambiance, service and tranquility that the Inn offered. The atmosphere that Kim , her staff and friends created was just what we were looking for. To top it all off the breakfasts were gourmet style and delicious. we will certainly visit again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeffrey E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmar
Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
#3 of 7 in Belmar
The Ocean Plaza
The Ocean Plaza
#3 of 19 in Ocean Grove

Been to Morning Dove Inn? Share your experiences!