“reasonably priced nice stay”

Red Carpet Inn Berlin
Red Carpet Inn Berlin
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Berlin
Hoboken, New Jersey
“reasonably priced nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Was on business trip, stayed 2 nights. Had good sleep, after long day. Staff was friendly. I had nice renovated room. It was worth for the price I paid. Rooms were pretty nice and clean. King size bed was very comfortable, I am glad I stayed at this place.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John G

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Berlin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

RED CARPET INN IS AS NASTY AS THE FOREIGN MANAGER "JENNIFER"!!! Paid these people $290 for one week stay = HUGE MISTAKE!! Room is nice size but there is NO fridge, NO microwave, NO phone! U want any of that they are $10 extra PER DAY!! Are you kidding me?! Room was nasty dirty! The management and one cleaning guy are so rude its unreal!! They don't care about anything but the money you pay to stay there. There's a vending machine in the 3' x 5' office but don't even try to use it after 9pm, "Jennifer" will scream at you that its too late! Someone left a live cat in room 19 and they rented the room knowing about the cat but not telling the customers they rented the room to so there was all kinds of noise and comotion about this cat at FIVE AM!!! The cleaning guy took the cat and attempted to put it inside a 2'x2' storage cleaning closet before another guest allowed him to put the cat in the bathroom until later in the morning! Not only are these people disrespectful, they are inhumane!!!! I was denied a refund to get away from this place. During the days and nights I stayed here I witnessed several drug deals in the parking lot and the rooms!! The rooms they show online are not even close to the rooms they rent to you. The cleaning guy will knock on the door, bang on the door, then if you don't answer he will proceed to come in your room!! He did this three times to me! The last time I jumped up off the bed and slammed the door in his face! This is hands down the WORST hotel Ive ever been forced to stay in. I had to call into the office to have someone come vacuum the room and the manager told me I had to go to the other room and get the Guy myself ........ what?? I went and told him to come vacuum... he knocked on my door, handed me the vacuum and walked away!!!!!!! What?!?! I complained but not even the owner cares.
Don't stay here!!! DONT STAY HERE!!!!! Ill NEVER EVER STAY HERE AGAIN AND I SUGGEST GOIN A FEW MILES AWAY AND STAY AT THE DAYS INN EXPRESS OR EVEN THE GREEN ACRES MOTEL!! Id sleep out in my car before ever paying to stay in that hell hole again!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014
4 Thank Mommy251009

Travellers are raving about these Berlin hotels

Forty Fort PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

This was a nightmare. Room was filthy, smelly, on the second floor down some god forsaken hallway. No fridge, no microwave, no breakfast, no ice machine, no closet and NOT ONE HANGER FOR CLOTHES. I went down to complain and ask for a refund, but they refused. Went back up and my daughter had spotted several dead, fat bugs in the corners of the room, hidden by the dark rug. Then I took the bugs in a tissue down to the reception and pushed them through the bullet proof glass hole. I said I will file a report with the authorities, and she showed me a different room, newly renovated and clean looking, on ground level. A man with holey t shirt brought in a cot for our teenage daughter but it was seriously old and sagging, so bad I asked her to sleep with us in one bed. It was late,so we stayed because all other hotels were booked (soccer tournament weekend). But even in the new room, no hangers and the refrigerator had the plug cut off. Mind you, the bill was $70+ so not that cheap. And there were two dead bugs in the corner. Creepy, filthy, shoddy rip off. Just terrible. PS NO INTERNET! No matter what the sign says, no Internet. Pass this one up. It ruined our weekend in New Jersey.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank GZM1019
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

My travel due to my job brought me in Berlin, I found this motel and checked in, price was right for the night stay. King size bed was comfortable, sheets were clean, rooms were clean and nicely decorated. Found out in morning that they are renovating all the rooms. Mine was one of the renovated room. Staff was very welcoming. I will for sure stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms are renovating.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

This place is horrible. Staff is unprofessional and rude!!!! Rooms are not the cleanest and the customer service is the worst. It is very clear they don't care about repeat guests.We for sure won't be. It us really terrible how the hotel mitel business has deteriorated!!!! Don't count on clean rooms or any care at all about you!!!

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank amcssp
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2007

similar experience as the previous reviewer from October. The room was exactly as they described, dirty run down, wallpaper hanging off the walls, and cigarette burns on everything and it smelled terrible, it was hard to sleep with the smell. The bathroom fixtures were coming out of the walls and it just was awful. The sheets thankfully looked washed as the other reviewer had stated.

The live-in manager was exactly as described in the previous post, quite unpleasant.

Unfortunately I did not capture any photos of the horribleness of this dump, I forgot my camera that weekend. But trust me, its something to avoid.

• Stayed October 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank aapocketz
BOISE, IDAHO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2007

I booked this motel online and chose it because it was close to where my son lived---we were visiting from the west. I should have noticed some red flags when I entered the 3 by 6 lobby and the clerk was protected by a solid wall of glass with a small access space at the bottom to pass paperwork. He required we pay for three days up front and it was late and we were tired.

The room was filthy, wall paper hanging from the walls, cigarette burns on the bedspread and table, wall boards missing. The only thing clean in the entire room were the sheets. The motel had about 30 rooms and only three other cars, besides ours were parked. The following morning only one car other than ours was left.

The next morning we packed up and I went to the lobby and the clerk came out in his undershirt---he is a live in manager. I told him we were checking out and I wanted a refund for the next two nights. He refused. I threatened to call the police and he said, "call anyone you want". I then asked him for a receipt showing we only stayed one night---I planned on contesting the credit card bill. He refused. I was getting a little angry at this point and told him I wasn't going to let this go away. I asked for his manager's contact information and told him I would go to corporate headquarters if I had to. He thought about this for a second and finally agreed to refund one night's lodging of two prepaid nights. I took the offer figuring I could contest the second night with my credit card company.

Bottom line is this motel is a dive and the rest speaks for itself.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Ethical issues with management and a filthy room
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank Klinkerman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berlin
SpringHill Suites Voorhees Mt. Laurel/Cherry Hill
BEST WESTERN Monroe Inn & Suites
Travelers Lodge
Travelers Lodge
#1 of 2 in Atco
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Voorhees
Wingate by Wyndham Voorhees Mt. Laurel
Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area)

Been to Red Carpet Inn Berlin? Share your experiences!