Bernards Inn
The Olde Mill Inn(Basking Ridge)
TripAdvisor
US$165
Courtyard by Marriott Basking Ridge(Basking Ridge)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$194
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Morristown Inn(Morristown)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$167
Priceline
Hyatt Regency Morristown(Morristown)(Great Value!)
US$205
The Madison Hotel(Morristown)(Great Value!)
US$343
Westin.com
US$185
US$146
US$141
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsno elevatortrain stationturn down servicebell boykale saladdelicious cookiesold world elegancecharming hotelnight packagenice roombusiness tripevery staff memberromantic getawaylight sleepera wonderful stayshort stayrooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 January 2013

The Bernards Inn feels like a place out of a fairy tale or storybook. It provided the perfect backdrop for my brother's wedding, but even without such a celebration going on, it was the best hotel I ever stayed at. My room was comfortable and quaint, the staff was helpful and friendly. The food, for the most part, was ok. I loved the tea service in the lobby each morning. My biggest complaint was the street noise and the noise from another reception one evening. My room was on the front of the hotel on the second floor and must have also been above the reception room, because I was kept awake into the wee hours of the morning one night by car noise and boisterous revelers. Overall, though, I can't wait to plan my next visit to the Inn!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lulu A
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Overall, we were pleasantly surprise since we tend to favor more modern spa or hotel accommodations. The Inn is situated in "downtown" Bernardsville across from the train station with its parking lot on the main county road; not a country setting. Suggest you request a room away from the front of the building if you are sensitive to light and street noises. Mind you there's not a lot of traffic to begin with; the street noise and traffic was not an issue for us and we were on the front face of the building.

The good stuff; definitely the nicest B&B type (no free breakfast) establishment we've been. The Inn is period decorated. The foyer and lobby are very comfortable and welcoming with working fireplace. When we arrived, there was live music in the busy restaurant/bar just off the lobby. Our room (#12) was very richly decorated and well furnished. The large bathroom distinctly reminded me of Normandy's Hotel Churchill’s fine accommodations; just my own odd reflection upon the colors, tile and toilette layout. Room had wonderful original antique artwork and many period pieces. I looked and they're for real, pretty neat and worthy of any collection.

In summary, if you are in the tie-dye or mod crowd or can't appreciate old school, then this is not the place for you. On the other hand, if you want to step back in time in a richly appointed Inn and rub shoulders with the one percenters (while they are enjoying their charming, natural country club-like setting (and where the staff is most attentive), then you have most definitely arrived.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the front of building would be quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jerseyrich
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Very nice hotel, very nice staff. Room (number 22) was a bit tired and the bed was awful, but the place was in general very cute. Decor in the room is fairly dated (really did remind me of my grandmother's house, down to the colors). The restaurant is very nice. I went shortly after Hurricane Sandy, booked last minute. I had a little trouble finding the place, but they were very helpful.

I was not there long enough to see much of the town, but it looked very cute.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2012

In trying to find a bit of luxury after Sandy, we made a reservation over the internet. They claimed - internet, great lodging and food. It was followed up with an Email confirmation. After making the trip fraught with downed wires and trees it was closed and had been when the reservation was accepted. Not at all pleased and was forced to try to make back up plans. Very poor service BUT it gets worse. They sent me an email thanking me for staying and hoped I had a great stay. Checking to make sure they did not fraudulently charge my credit card.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank D0c
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Very nice stay. Very Attentive staff. Nice from start to finish. Little out of way, but well worth it for attention shown. Will soon return. Oh, did I mention the food! Rooms recently renovated and it showed, very pleased.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family