“Plesant suprise”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Jackets required
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I can’t believe that it took a suggestion from a non-local to try the Claremont Tavern. It was one of the best dining experiences I have had this year.

The building has the feel of a friendly neighborhood pub and the bartenders could not have been more helpful or personable. I will be forever grateful to the bartender for suggesting a black and tan (with Guinness floating on Sam Adams cherry wheat). My new favorite drink.

We had an early meal and opted to dine at a table in the bar area (there is also a separate dining room adjacent to the bar) The lunch menu had a varied selection of options that appealed to everyone and the prices made the experience even more enjoyable.

All of our selections were delicious and served promptly. The waiter that we had should be used as the model for waiters in training. Prompt, courteous, knowledgeable and was just attentive enough.

We are planning on returning very soon to try out the Dinner menu options.

There are newer reviews for The Claremont Tavern

Reviewed 22 July 2013

After living in the area for many years, finally tried Claremont Tavern. We had a yummy salad and pizza dinner. Drinks were also good and a nice tavern like atmosphere. Prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Harp beer on draft, good food. Nice to sit at the bar or at tables by the window. Service was friendly too.

1  Thank Lorraine H
Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

We just stumbled upon this place on a beautiful day. The atmosphere and food was very nice. Relaxing and cozy. I will go back there.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

My wife and I ate dinner at the Claremont Tavern yesterday with our 2 teenage sons and we could not have been more pleased with the meal. The food, the service, and the atmosphere were all first rate.